Combating Neck Pains
By Refadoc, Posted on : Thursday, 08 January 2015 - 8:58 am IST
Though Neck Pain does not tend to get the same attention as the back pain, it is pretty common amongst people all over the world. However, if you are susceptible towards Neck Pain, here are some hints for you to check it out and keep it under control:
- Make sure that you don’t jump out of the bed and start exercising in the morning. Allow some time for your joints to warm up and then go for the exercise regime.
- At your workplace, try adjusting your monitor or laptop so that the top of the monitor is at your eye level and try using a document holder in order to adjust the level. Learning to touch type is also going to help stop you to look down constantly.
- Try changing your phone from side to side while you are using it. Don’t cup down the receiver between the head and the neck. Try using a headset – nothing beats it.
- Avoid using large and heavy handbags or briefcases. Try getting a bag pack or a trolley briefcase instead
- Sit upright in a car. Try to not lean back in a straight armed boy racer position.
- Support your neck while you are in bed. Scrunch up your pillow or towel. If possible, try using a neck pillow.
- Try ice or a bag of frozen peas in order to soothe the throbbing pain in your neck. You can also use a hot water bottle in order to ease down the ache. Avoid using painkillers or muscle relaxants as they only tend to mask down the real pain and not heal it completely.
Login to Add Comment
The problem with alcoholism is that the person who suffers from it cannot see its symptoms. Only the people around him are able to judge that it’s time for an intervention. There is a line be
Knee Bursitis: Knee Bursitis is a condition which causes inflammation of the bursa around the knee joint. A Bursa is a small fluid filled sac which helps to reduce the friction and helps
Diabetes is the disease on a spree! In the next decade, it is expected that the disease will reach alarming levels and will be one of the major conditions affecting people all over
One of the recent researches have been able to find that for people of age 70 and above, who struggle with a chronic illness, loneliness can often be a complicating factor. Researchers looked at 12
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects