Common Side Effects of Birth Control
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 04 February 2015 - 12:54 pm IST
Hormone based birth control pills are the most common contraceptives used all over the world. However, the side effects of these pills can range either from slightly annoying ones to bad ones which can make you twitch. Take a look at the most common side effect of birth control:
- Is it your chosen Birth control: Hormone based birth controls often come with a lot of side effects which can cause a negative impact on your overall wellbeing. You may not know if you body can tolerate it until you have given it a couple of tries.
- Headaches, Dizziness and Tenderness of the Breasts: These are some of the most common side effects of hormone based pills. However, these side effects seem to go away when you have been taking the pill for quite some time. If these problems do not subside, try switching to different brands of the pills.
- Nausea: This side effect tends to go away in a couple of months on its own. If it does not, while you are using an oral contraceptive, try taking it along with your food. If you are using the ring or the patch, you may need to switch to other methods.
- Excessive Bleeding: This is one side effect which drives women crazier as compared to any other method. Taking the pill at the same time when you do everyday can help you out. The bleeding is a major side effect which occurs when you are using mini pill, shots or implants.
- Decreased Libido: Trying a different formulation can often help you to get away with this side effect. For some women if you change the pill which you are currently using can help them get back their previous libido drive.
- Mood Swings: Women can often experience depression by sticking to one pill. All the hormone methods are going to cause the same problem. For some patients who try to stick to one pill only, an antidepressant can also help to get rid of the mood swings.
Login to Add Comment
Thirty Five Reasons to Use Garlic: Garlic has been recommended by doctors all over the world as one of the best herbs. Garlic has so many beneficial ways in order to help your body to bec
Arthritis - Overview Arthritis has been derived from the Greek word, ‘arthon’ which means joints and ‘itis’ which means inflammation. According to the latest medic
Cell phones have been condemned since the last couple of years as they have been positively linked to brain tumour. However, with an increased dependency on cell phones these days,
It’s true that contact lenses allow us to see the world and the beauty in it. However, they too require proper care and handling. So, here are a few useful tips to take care
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
Headaches and Migraines
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects