Common Side Effects of Birth Control
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 04 February 2015 - 12:54 pm IST
Hormone based birth control pills are the most common contraceptives used all over the world. However, the side effects of these pills can range either from slightly annoying ones to bad ones which can make you twitch. Take a look at the most common side effect of birth control:
- Is it your chosen Birth control: Hormone based birth controls often come with a lot of side effects which can cause a negative impact on your overall wellbeing. You may not know if you body can tolerate it until you have given it a couple of tries.
- Headaches, Dizziness and Tenderness of the Breasts: These are some of the most common side effects of hormone based pills. However, these side effects seem to go away when you have been taking the pill for quite some time. If these problems do not subside, try switching to different brands of the pills.
- Nausea: This side effect tends to go away in a couple of months on its own. If it does not, while you are using an oral contraceptive, try taking it along with your food. If you are using the ring or the patch, you may need to switch to other methods.
- Excessive Bleeding: This is one side effect which drives women crazier as compared to any other method. Taking the pill at the same time when you do everyday can help you out. The bleeding is a major side effect which occurs when you are using mini pill, shots or implants.
- Decreased Libido: Trying a different formulation can often help you to get away with this side effect. For some women if you change the pill which you are currently using can help them get back their previous libido drive.
- Mood Swings: Women can often experience depression by sticking to one pill. All the hormone methods are going to cause the same problem. For some patients who try to stick to one pill only, an antidepressant can also help to get rid of the mood swings.
Login to Add Comment
Melanoma– Living It, Surviving It Melanoma, which is also commonly known as skin cancer is known to be an abnormal growth in the number of the skin cells. Often one of the major rea
Often majority of women tend to become pregnant effortlessly, however, there are others for whom this process takes some time. The reason for this delay in getting pregnant is stil
Ebola Virus – Overview Due to its destructive potential, Ebola Virus has come out to make some news all over the world these days. With its reported spread all over the world and th
Calcium: Calcium is known to be one of the most essential minerals required by humans. It is known to ease insomnia and thus helps to regulate the movement of the nutrients throughout the
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Headaches and Migraines
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Triple X Syndrome
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts