Cutting Your Cell Phone Cancer Risk
By Refadoc, Posted on : Saturday, 29 November 2014 - 5:27 am IST
Cell phones have been condemned since the last couple of years as they have been positively linked to brain tumour. However, with an increased dependency on cell phones these days, it has become almost impossible to live without a phone.
However, you can still minimize the risks of the radiation which are emitted by the cell phones in order to lower your chances of contracting cancer. Some of these are as follows:
- Using a headset: There is a reason why headsets are provided along with the cell phones! Not only are they convenient, they also keep you away from the source of radiation and decrease the chances of damage.
- Go for Texting: Teenagers are always into texting. Whenever you have a chance to choose texting over picking up a call, go for the former. The radiation emissions are less when you are texting and texting also keeps the source of radiation away from you.
- Keep the phone away when you can: It is recommended that the phone should only be brought near the ear when the telephone call has been connected. Also, while you are talking, make sure that you keep the phone in a tilted position, away from your ear.
- Avoid using phone in a car or an elevator: We are already aware that it is dangerous to talk while you are driving. However, when cell phones are used inside a closed metal space, like a car or an elevator, it uses more power in order to establish a connection. More the power used, more will be the radiations.
- Encourage the use of a landline: Kids and other family members should be encouraged to use the good old landline. Kids and elderly people are at a more potential danger at suffering from radiations. Kid’s brains are twice as vulnerable as compared to the adults towards picking radiations.
- Go for a low radiation phone: Different cell phones emerge different levels of radiations. Some cell phones emit more radiation as compared to the other ones. It is recommended to consider the SAR (Specific Absorption Rate) of a phone before you buy it. The SAR of the phone is usually mentioned on its manual.
Login to Add Comment
You wash our hands before eating or handling food and tell your children to do so too, but have you ever wondered if the food you are eating is safe? Store bought fruits and vegetables are treated
Ask any expert all over the world about the most contributing factor towards a healthy exercise regimen, and they will be pointing out water as the major roadblock. Water is one of
Bulimia Nervosa - Overview Bulimia Nervosa, which is also known as Bulimia, is a very serious and life threatening eating disorder. Though this disease cannot be diagnosed on the basis of
HeartBurn - Overview Heartburn as the name suggests is a burning sensation in the chest that one feels just behind the breastbone sometimes. Heartburn pain is often the one which can get
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
Eating rice won't make you fat