Cutting Your Cell Phone Cancer Risk
By Refadoc, Posted on : Saturday, 29 November 2014 - 5:27 am IST
Cell phones have been condemned since the last couple of years as they have been positively linked to brain tumour. However, with an increased dependency on cell phones these days, it has become almost impossible to live without a phone.
However, you can still minimize the risks of the radiation which are emitted by the cell phones in order to lower your chances of contracting cancer. Some of these are as follows:
- Using a headset: There is a reason why headsets are provided along with the cell phones! Not only are they convenient, they also keep you away from the source of radiation and decrease the chances of damage.
- Go for Texting: Teenagers are always into texting. Whenever you have a chance to choose texting over picking up a call, go for the former. The radiation emissions are less when you are texting and texting also keeps the source of radiation away from you.
- Keep the phone away when you can: It is recommended that the phone should only be brought near the ear when the telephone call has been connected. Also, while you are talking, make sure that you keep the phone in a tilted position, away from your ear.
- Avoid using phone in a car or an elevator: We are already aware that it is dangerous to talk while you are driving. However, when cell phones are used inside a closed metal space, like a car or an elevator, it uses more power in order to establish a connection. More the power used, more will be the radiations.
- Encourage the use of a landline: Kids and other family members should be encouraged to use the good old landline. Kids and elderly people are at a more potential danger at suffering from radiations. Kid’s brains are twice as vulnerable as compared to the adults towards picking radiations.
- Go for a low radiation phone: Different cell phones emerge different levels of radiations. Some cell phones emit more radiation as compared to the other ones. It is recommended to consider the SAR (Specific Absorption Rate) of a phone before you buy it. The SAR of the phone is usually mentioned on its manual.
Login to Add Comment
Wrist Pain – Basic Overview Wrist Pain is a commonly occurring complaint amongst people all over the world. The pain is often caused due to sprains, injuries or fractures. Wrist Pai
Hepatitis B: Basic Overview Hepatitis B is a serious liver infection which is caused due to the Hepatitis B Virus (HBV). This infection often proves to be chronic, making it last for more
Okay, so you met a guy over the weekend and it felt like an almost sudden connection between the two of you! Yes, things like that often happen to most of us over the course of our
Take a look at our best ways to make your journey a little less bumpy. Plan out your trip: If you are a traveler who keeps on missing our travel connections, take a
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Headaches and Migraines
Triple X Syndrome
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms