Cutting Your Cell Phone Cancer Risk
By Refadoc, Posted on : Saturday, 29 November 2014 - 5:27 am IST
Cell phones have been condemned since the last couple of years as they have been positively linked to brain tumour. However, with an increased dependency on cell phones these days, it has become almost impossible to live without a phone.
However, you can still minimize the risks of the radiation which are emitted by the cell phones in order to lower your chances of contracting cancer. Some of these are as follows:
- Using a headset: There is a reason why headsets are provided along with the cell phones! Not only are they convenient, they also keep you away from the source of radiation and decrease the chances of damage.
- Go for Texting: Teenagers are always into texting. Whenever you have a chance to choose texting over picking up a call, go for the former. The radiation emissions are less when you are texting and texting also keeps the source of radiation away from you.
- Keep the phone away when you can: It is recommended that the phone should only be brought near the ear when the telephone call has been connected. Also, while you are talking, make sure that you keep the phone in a tilted position, away from your ear.
- Avoid using phone in a car or an elevator: We are already aware that it is dangerous to talk while you are driving. However, when cell phones are used inside a closed metal space, like a car or an elevator, it uses more power in order to establish a connection. More the power used, more will be the radiations.
- Encourage the use of a landline: Kids and other family members should be encouraged to use the good old landline. Kids and elderly people are at a more potential danger at suffering from radiations. Kid’s brains are twice as vulnerable as compared to the adults towards picking radiations.
- Go for a low radiation phone: Different cell phones emerge different levels of radiations. Some cell phones emit more radiation as compared to the other ones. It is recommended to consider the SAR (Specific Absorption Rate) of a phone before you buy it. The SAR of the phone is usually mentioned on its manual.
Login to Add Comment
Separation Anxiety: Basic Overview Separation Anxiety is something which parents are encountering all over the world these days. Children are no longer pacified with a peck on the cheek o
The festive season is upon us and with the endless parties we have to attend, if you must go, you must go gorgeous! Take a look at our top quick and inexpensive beauty tricks in orde
There are many things which are known to affect your eye health, from your diet patterns to exercise and even your make up! Are your habits sight friendly or not? Let’s take a look:
Getting the right lip and cheek stain is the best way to stand out in a crowd. So, if you have been fussing on your blush for a long time now, check out some of our best tips in order to gain an am
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health