Cutting Your Cell Phone Cancer Risk
By Refadoc, Posted on : Saturday, 29 November 2014 - 5:27 am IST
Cell phones have been condemned since the last couple of years as they have been positively linked to brain tumour. However, with an increased dependency on cell phones these days, it has become almost impossible to live without a phone.
However, you can still minimize the risks of the radiation which are emitted by the cell phones in order to lower your chances of contracting cancer. Some of these are as follows:
- Using a headset: There is a reason why headsets are provided along with the cell phones! Not only are they convenient, they also keep you away from the source of radiation and decrease the chances of damage.
- Go for Texting: Teenagers are always into texting. Whenever you have a chance to choose texting over picking up a call, go for the former. The radiation emissions are less when you are texting and texting also keeps the source of radiation away from you.
- Keep the phone away when you can: It is recommended that the phone should only be brought near the ear when the telephone call has been connected. Also, while you are talking, make sure that you keep the phone in a tilted position, away from your ear.
- Avoid using phone in a car or an elevator: We are already aware that it is dangerous to talk while you are driving. However, when cell phones are used inside a closed metal space, like a car or an elevator, it uses more power in order to establish a connection. More the power used, more will be the radiations.
- Encourage the use of a landline: Kids and other family members should be encouraged to use the good old landline. Kids and elderly people are at a more potential danger at suffering from radiations. Kid’s brains are twice as vulnerable as compared to the adults towards picking radiations.
- Go for a low radiation phone: Different cell phones emerge different levels of radiations. Some cell phones emit more radiation as compared to the other ones. It is recommended to consider the SAR (Specific Absorption Rate) of a phone before you buy it. The SAR of the phone is usually mentioned on its manual.
Login to Add Comment
Ringworm Infection And Ways To Prevent It Ringworm is commonly known as a skin infection which is caused due to a fungus. Often, when a person suffers from a ringworm infection, then they
Lupus – Basic Overview Lupus is known to be a chronic inflammatory disease which tends to occur when the immune system of the affected person starts attacking its own tissues and or
Diabetes is the disease on a spree! In the next decade, it is expected that the disease will reach alarming levels and will be one of the major conditions affecting people all over
Thyroid Cancer: Basic Overview Thyroid Cancer occurs in the thyroid gland of the affected person. The Thyroid gland is a butterfly shaped gland which is found at the base of the neck. The
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Eating rice won't make you fat
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health