Cutting Your Cell Phone Cancer Risk
By Refadoc, Posted on : Saturday, 29 November 2014 - 5:27 am IST
Cell phones have been condemned since the last couple of years as they have been positively linked to brain tumour. However, with an increased dependency on cell phones these days, it has become almost impossible to live without a phone.
However, you can still minimize the risks of the radiation which are emitted by the cell phones in order to lower your chances of contracting cancer. Some of these are as follows:
- Using a headset: There is a reason why headsets are provided along with the cell phones! Not only are they convenient, they also keep you away from the source of radiation and decrease the chances of damage.
- Go for Texting: Teenagers are always into texting. Whenever you have a chance to choose texting over picking up a call, go for the former. The radiation emissions are less when you are texting and texting also keeps the source of radiation away from you.
- Keep the phone away when you can: It is recommended that the phone should only be brought near the ear when the telephone call has been connected. Also, while you are talking, make sure that you keep the phone in a tilted position, away from your ear.
- Avoid using phone in a car or an elevator: We are already aware that it is dangerous to talk while you are driving. However, when cell phones are used inside a closed metal space, like a car or an elevator, it uses more power in order to establish a connection. More the power used, more will be the radiations.
- Encourage the use of a landline: Kids and other family members should be encouraged to use the good old landline. Kids and elderly people are at a more potential danger at suffering from radiations. Kid’s brains are twice as vulnerable as compared to the adults towards picking radiations.
- Go for a low radiation phone: Different cell phones emerge different levels of radiations. Some cell phones emit more radiation as compared to the other ones. It is recommended to consider the SAR (Specific Absorption Rate) of a phone before you buy it. The SAR of the phone is usually mentioned on its manual.
Login to Add Comment
Aging is considered to be a natural process by everyone. It’s a phenomenon which has to happen, irrespective of whatever measures we may consider in order to avoid it. Though it cannot be avo
If you have been battling depression lately, do not despair. A research study has just found that nearly 30% of people all over the world are battling depression on an everyday basis. Depress
Getting the right lip and cheek stain is the best way to stand out in a crowd. So, if you have been fussing on your blush for a long time now, check out some of our best tips in order to gain an am
Do you remember that famous adage which used to adorn our school walls during childhood? ‘Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise’! Yes, this same
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?