Debunking Major Meditation Myths
By Refadoc, Posted on : Thursday, 15 January 2015 - 4:21 am IST
Meditation has proved one of the most famous and beneficial forms of relaxation and learning to focus. However, there are a lot of misconceptions and myths which have been associated with meditation and associated exercises. So, here are a few major ones:
- You need to set cross legged: Some people often shirk away from meditating due to this major myth. Sitting cross legged for longer durations can actually cause you to become uncomfortable with the passage of time, and can make concentrating really difficult. You can meditate in many different positions. You can lie down, sit in your chair, stand or can even meditate while you are walking. You can do it anytime you want.
- You should not be thinking about anything: Though a clear mind is one of the major goals of meditation, there are chances that people are not able to attain that in one single go. Therefore, when you are starting, it is very obvious that your mind is going to wander and go places of its own. Remember, you have to train your mind to focus and it takes time. Rein your mind when it tries to wander on its own.
- You should sit in complete silence: Silence though can be relaxing can also make you uncomfortable at times. Therefore, with a bit of guidance, you can keep your mind on the right track. Try going in for guided meditation along with some visualization exercises in order to start with the complete process.
- You are going to need a lot of time: This is not true. We are all busy and often people find it very hard to take out chunks of time to devote to meditation. But, the good news is that with even a 60 seconds interval, you can easily take down time to meditate. Place your hand on your heart and try taking deep breaths. This is one of the kinds of mediations which you can do, even when you are falling short of time.
- You need to sit alone: Most people tend to meditate on their own. However, there are also people who meditate in groups and that is one of the best ways to get started. In case you are training to climb a main mountain, isn’t it better to start with a group, rather than going on alone? Starting with a group makes sure that you find both support as well as accountability. You are less likely to quit in the beginning if you are going to start with a group!
Login to Add Comment
It has been proved that having a three 8 ounce cups of coffee every day is one of the best things that you can treat yourself to! Skip over the facts that coffee increases the bloo
Getting Rid Of Seasonal Allergies: A lot of people are not very excited at the prospect of Spring Season. For them, it is the season when their allergies kick in and start creating proble
The stats and recent studies conducted by universities all over the world conclude that the basic reason for the occurrence of ulcers in the small intestine and the stomach could be the impending s
Ulcerative Colitis: Basic Overview Ulcerative Colitis is an IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease) which is known to cause a long lasting inflammation accompanied by ulcers within the digestive
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
Headaches and Migraines
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women