Dieting Without Being Hungry
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 26 November 2014 - 1:01 am IST
What is the major barrier when you are trying to shed those few extra kilos? The answer is hunger!
Contrary to popular beliefs, instead of eating less while you are dieting, it is better to indulge yourself into low density foods which can fill you up with a small amount of calories. Foods that are rich in water and fibre qualify for low density foods.
Easy Tips for Dieting without being hungry:
- Stocking up on Vegetables: Eat plenty of vegetables such as tomatoes, lettuce, leafy vegetables, melons and onions. If you don’t like to consume them raw, add them to soups, stews, sauces or pasta! Since vegetables are rich in nutrients and low in calories, they provide you with higher satisfaction. Avoid dry foods such as biscuits, crackers and chips. Since dry foods lack water, they tend to contain high calories within small portions.
- Water : Plan your fluid intake in such a way so that half of your total fluid intake comes from plain water. Deviate from the mainstream by drinking sparkling mineral water or herbal teas. Fresh fruits and vegetables too, are rich in water!
- Indulge in Starters: Choose from garden salads and soups with low cream dressing as your starters. These can plough deep into your appetite, lowering the energy density of your main course.
- Proteins are your forte: Proteins can be easily chosen from a variety of food choices such as meats, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy products, beans, soya granules and grains to name a few! Proteins tend to make you feel full for a longer time duration thus limiting the amount of food that you consume!
- Whole Grains are your friends: Try to include as many whole grains as you can, into your diet chart. While choosing your variety of breads and cereals, look for the major ingredients.
Login to Add Comment
Smoking as a habit is known to kill around 443,000 people all over the world every year. Not only that, it has emerged to be one of the most prominent causes for the increase
Vertigo and Dizziness - Overview Vertigo and Dizziness are known to occur when there is a conflict between the signals that are sent to the brain by the balance as well as the position se
Tularemia – Basic Overview Tularemia is a very rare infectious disease which affects the skin, eyes, lymph nodes, lungs and other internal organs of the affected person. It is also
Heat Rashes – Basic Overview Heat Rashes, which are also known as Prickly Heat or Miliaria is not a condition which just affects babies. It effects adults equally especially during
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Eating rice won't make you fat
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health