Dieting Without Being Hungry
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 26 November 2014 - 1:01 am IST
What is the major barrier when you are trying to shed those few extra kilos? The answer is hunger!
Contrary to popular beliefs, instead of eating less while you are dieting, it is better to indulge yourself into low density foods which can fill you up with a small amount of calories. Foods that are rich in water and fibre qualify for low density foods.
Easy Tips for Dieting without being hungry:
- Stocking up on Vegetables: Eat plenty of vegetables such as tomatoes, lettuce, leafy vegetables, melons and onions. If you don’t like to consume them raw, add them to soups, stews, sauces or pasta! Since vegetables are rich in nutrients and low in calories, they provide you with higher satisfaction. Avoid dry foods such as biscuits, crackers and chips. Since dry foods lack water, they tend to contain high calories within small portions.
- Water : Plan your fluid intake in such a way so that half of your total fluid intake comes from plain water. Deviate from the mainstream by drinking sparkling mineral water or herbal teas. Fresh fruits and vegetables too, are rich in water!
- Indulge in Starters: Choose from garden salads and soups with low cream dressing as your starters. These can plough deep into your appetite, lowering the energy density of your main course.
- Proteins are your forte: Proteins can be easily chosen from a variety of food choices such as meats, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy products, beans, soya granules and grains to name a few! Proteins tend to make you feel full for a longer time duration thus limiting the amount of food that you consume!
- Whole Grains are your friends: Try to include as many whole grains as you can, into your diet chart. While choosing your variety of breads and cereals, look for the major ingredients.
Login to Add Comment
Massages have been held famous for the relaxation that they bring! However, there is much more to massages than mere relaxation! Take a look at some of the famous massages and thei
Alzheimer’s disease is one of the most common forms Dementia all over the world. It has been estimated that by the next half of this century, there will be around 16 million
Increasingly people all over the world are putting on spectacles or contact lens in order to correct their vision. However, a lot of them are not aware that there are exercises in place for the cor
Lettuce Overview: Lettuce has often been termed as the perfect food for weight loss and a super food! The vegetable comes loaded with health benefits and comprises of a great amount of pr
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Headaches and Migraines
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin