Essential Foods for Healthy Hair
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 27 February 2015 - 1:53 pm IST
Though exercises are known to increase the blood supply to your muscles as well as your scalp, certain dietary changes are known to work wonders to make sure that you have breathtakingly beautiful hair. Here are some of the major diet changes which you should be introducing for healthy and luscious locks:
- Proteins: Adequate amounts of proteins are needed for healthy hair as it is the primary building blocks of proteins. Low quality protein can lead to weak and brittle hair. It can also lead to the loss of the color and vitality. Choose from chicken, turkey, beef, eggs and low fat dairy foods to provide your locks with the required amount of proteins.
- Iron: Lower levels of iron in the bloodstream can lead to baldness. 11 individual studies have pointed out to the relationship between iron intake and hairloss. You can choose from lean red meat, turkey, egg yolks, dried beans and dried fruit to provide your hair with the much needed Iron.
- Zinc: If you are dealing with excessive hairloss and baldness, then you need to increase your intake of Zinc. Studies have shown that this mineral can affect the levels of androgens in the bloodstream. Choose from oysters, nuts, beans, beef and lamb in order to gain the maximum zinc.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: Omega 3 Fatty Acids are known to support the health of the scalp and prevent dryness of the scalp and dullness of the hair. Pick up from salmon, sardines, herring, mackerel, flax seeds and walnuts to fill up on these acids.
- Biotins: A lack of the adequate amount of Biotin can also lead to brittleness of your locks. This vitamin is very essential for people who long for thick hair as well as strong nails. You can choose from brown rice, legumes, lentils, eggs, Swiss chard as well as nuts to fill up on the supply of Biotin.
Login to Add Comment
Every year around half a million people die of cancer in India. And the numbers are rising at an alarming rate. There are around 200 different types of cancer, but the most common ones in India are
Cholera is known to be an infectious disease that has been known to cause severe watery diarrhoea in patients, which leads towards serious dehydration and even death in the extreme of the cases whe
Vitamin D: The Lifesaving Vitamin Low levels of Vitamin D in the body have long been associated with diseases such as osteoporosis, diabetes, hypertension and even cancer.
Researchers from University of Michigan Cancer Centre have been able to found that Ginger not only kills the ovarian cancer cells, but als
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Headaches and Migraines
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
Eating rice won't make you fat