Essential Foods for Healthy Hair
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 27 February 2015 - 1:53 pm IST
Though exercises are known to increase the blood supply to your muscles as well as your scalp, certain dietary changes are known to work wonders to make sure that you have breathtakingly beautiful hair. Here are some of the major diet changes which you should be introducing for healthy and luscious locks:
- Proteins: Adequate amounts of proteins are needed for healthy hair as it is the primary building blocks of proteins. Low quality protein can lead to weak and brittle hair. It can also lead to the loss of the color and vitality. Choose from chicken, turkey, beef, eggs and low fat dairy foods to provide your locks with the required amount of proteins.
- Iron: Lower levels of iron in the bloodstream can lead to baldness. 11 individual studies have pointed out to the relationship between iron intake and hairloss. You can choose from lean red meat, turkey, egg yolks, dried beans and dried fruit to provide your hair with the much needed Iron.
- Zinc: If you are dealing with excessive hairloss and baldness, then you need to increase your intake of Zinc. Studies have shown that this mineral can affect the levels of androgens in the bloodstream. Choose from oysters, nuts, beans, beef and lamb in order to gain the maximum zinc.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: Omega 3 Fatty Acids are known to support the health of the scalp and prevent dryness of the scalp and dullness of the hair. Pick up from salmon, sardines, herring, mackerel, flax seeds and walnuts to fill up on these acids.
- Biotins: A lack of the adequate amount of Biotin can also lead to brittleness of your locks. This vitamin is very essential for people who long for thick hair as well as strong nails. You can choose from brown rice, legumes, lentils, eggs, Swiss chard as well as nuts to fill up on the supply of Biotin.
Login to Add Comment
Vitamin B1 : Overview Vitamin B1, which is also known commonly as Thiamin, is known as a kind of B- complex vitamin. Commonly, Vitamin B1 is found in all variety of foods in adequate amou
Potassium: Potassium and the growth and maintenance of body go hand in hand. This mineral has emerged to be one of the most vital one in order to maintain the water balance of the c
Ulcerative Colitis: Basic Overview Ulcerative Colitis is an IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease) which is known to cause a long lasting inflammation accompanied by ulcers within the digestive
Dancing Shows are the new trend on the social media and television. From Dancing with the Stars to Dirty Dancing, dancing is dominating the world of reality television. However, it
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Triple X Syndrome
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
Eating rice won't make you fat
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms