Essential Foods for Healthy Hair
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 27 February 2015 - 1:53 pm IST
Though exercises are known to increase the blood supply to your muscles as well as your scalp, certain dietary changes are known to work wonders to make sure that you have breathtakingly beautiful hair. Here are some of the major diet changes which you should be introducing for healthy and luscious locks:
- Proteins: Adequate amounts of proteins are needed for healthy hair as it is the primary building blocks of proteins. Low quality protein can lead to weak and brittle hair. It can also lead to the loss of the color and vitality. Choose from chicken, turkey, beef, eggs and low fat dairy foods to provide your locks with the required amount of proteins.
- Iron: Lower levels of iron in the bloodstream can lead to baldness. 11 individual studies have pointed out to the relationship between iron intake and hairloss. You can choose from lean red meat, turkey, egg yolks, dried beans and dried fruit to provide your hair with the much needed Iron.
- Zinc: If you are dealing with excessive hairloss and baldness, then you need to increase your intake of Zinc. Studies have shown that this mineral can affect the levels of androgens in the bloodstream. Choose from oysters, nuts, beans, beef and lamb in order to gain the maximum zinc.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: Omega 3 Fatty Acids are known to support the health of the scalp and prevent dryness of the scalp and dullness of the hair. Pick up from salmon, sardines, herring, mackerel, flax seeds and walnuts to fill up on these acids.
- Biotins: A lack of the adequate amount of Biotin can also lead to brittleness of your locks. This vitamin is very essential for people who long for thick hair as well as strong nails. You can choose from brown rice, legumes, lentils, eggs, Swiss chard as well as nuts to fill up on the supply of Biotin.
Login to Add Comment
Omega-3 fatty acid or n-3 fats, is perhaps the only fat that you should not shy away from! It is one of the most talked about fatty acid in the recent years and is essential for the body in more wa
Reasons behind Missing Periods A missed period can emerge out to be one of the biggest threats for a woman. The only option which comes to the mind of a woman is that she is pregnant. No
Sleep Disorders - Overview Often due to some lifestyle decisions or due to every stress incurred by a person, there is a change in the sleeping pattern or habits. This considerable change
Grapefruit: Though it may be surprising, certain foods can affect your medication. That is why, it is always better to check with your doctor befo
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
Triple X Syndrome
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka