Foods to Dig When You're Diabetic
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 09 December 2014 - 2:30 pm IST
Diabetes is known to be a disease which hampers our chances to choose from a variety of food items. People suffering from Diabetes often complain of the narrow choices that they have while choosing their optimum meal! So, here are a few foods you can choose from if you are suffering from Diabetes. Not only are these foods great in taste, but are also great for your health!
- Apples: Studies have proven that eating single apple everyday cuts down your chances of blood cholesterol deposition by almost 40%! Apples also provide your body with the much needed dose of antioxidants which help to deal with diabetes. Consuming five or more apples in a week is known to decrease the risk of Type 2 Diabetes by 23%.
- Beans: Beans are a super food not to be missed when it comes to Diabetes. Since they are high in fiber, consuming a cup of beans per day is known to control the blood sugar level. Consuming beans everyday cuts down your risk of stroke by almost 7%.
- Blueberries: Berries of all kinds, but mostly blueberries are rich in flavonoids. They have a high fiber content which makes them an ideal diet choice for diabetic patients. Consuming berries is known to keep the blood sugar levels from rising.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is a super food which is not to be missed if you are a diabetic patient. It is rich in antioxidants and beta carotenes. Also, Broccoli promotes healthy vision, keeps your bones and teeth strong and promotes the growth of skin tissues.
- Carrots: Carrots are a rich source of fiber and vitamins. Consuming carrots is known to prevent the development of certain cancers. Raw carrots are excellent sources to reduce your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes, if you suffer from a genetic disposition of the same.
- Pears: Pears are packed in Potassium and Fiber. Adding them to your diet not only allows you to lower down your carbohydrate intake but also allows you to fix up your sudden hunger pangs.
- Cabbage: Cabbages have a low glycogenic index of 10 which suits people suffering from Diabetes. It is also a very rich source of Vitamin K and C.
- Spinach: Spinach is a well known super food! Latest research has suggested that green, leafy and fresh spinach are low in calories and carbohydrate content. If you are a diabetic, Spinach is something which you should eat daily and freely.
- Water: Water is known to mobilize the high sugar content in the bloodstream and therefore helps in preventing any aggravation. It is recommended to drink almost 2.5 liters of water every day as it lowers the chances of cardiovascular as well as diabetic ailments.
- Green Tea: Green Tea is a proven miracle for a variety of ailments. Consuming a cup of unsweetened green tea everyday helps the body to get rid of the radicals and activates the antioxidants in order to normalize the blood sugar level. This helps to reduce the risk of diabetes.
Login to Add Comment
As seasons change, it becomes very common to see people fighting allergies. It has been noted that one out of three people fight allergies once the weather changes. These allergies may vary from mi
You wash our hands before eating or handling food and tell your children to do so too, but have you ever wondered if the food you are eating is safe? Store bought fruits and vegetables are treated
Happiness is just a state of mind. However, researchers have been able to find out some ways via which connections between couples can move from good to great! Take a look at our best chosen ways v
Sleep Disorders - Overview Often due to some lifestyle decisions or due to every stress incurred by a person, there is a change in the sleeping pattern or habits. This considerable change
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Triple X Syndrome