Foods to Dig When You're Diabetic
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 09 December 2014 - 2:30 pm IST
Diabetes is known to be a disease which hampers our chances to choose from a variety of food items. People suffering from Diabetes often complain of the narrow choices that they have while choosing their optimum meal! So, here are a few foods you can choose from if you are suffering from Diabetes. Not only are these foods great in taste, but are also great for your health!
- Apples: Studies have proven that eating single apple everyday cuts down your chances of blood cholesterol deposition by almost 40%! Apples also provide your body with the much needed dose of antioxidants which help to deal with diabetes. Consuming five or more apples in a week is known to decrease the risk of Type 2 Diabetes by 23%.
- Beans: Beans are a super food not to be missed when it comes to Diabetes. Since they are high in fiber, consuming a cup of beans per day is known to control the blood sugar level. Consuming beans everyday cuts down your risk of stroke by almost 7%.
- Blueberries: Berries of all kinds, but mostly blueberries are rich in flavonoids. They have a high fiber content which makes them an ideal diet choice for diabetic patients. Consuming berries is known to keep the blood sugar levels from rising.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is a super food which is not to be missed if you are a diabetic patient. It is rich in antioxidants and beta carotenes. Also, Broccoli promotes healthy vision, keeps your bones and teeth strong and promotes the growth of skin tissues.
- Carrots: Carrots are a rich source of fiber and vitamins. Consuming carrots is known to prevent the development of certain cancers. Raw carrots are excellent sources to reduce your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes, if you suffer from a genetic disposition of the same.
- Pears: Pears are packed in Potassium and Fiber. Adding them to your diet not only allows you to lower down your carbohydrate intake but also allows you to fix up your sudden hunger pangs.
- Cabbage: Cabbages have a low glycogenic index of 10 which suits people suffering from Diabetes. It is also a very rich source of Vitamin K and C.
- Spinach: Spinach is a well known super food! Latest research has suggested that green, leafy and fresh spinach are low in calories and carbohydrate content. If you are a diabetic, Spinach is something which you should eat daily and freely.
- Water: Water is known to mobilize the high sugar content in the bloodstream and therefore helps in preventing any aggravation. It is recommended to drink almost 2.5 liters of water every day as it lowers the chances of cardiovascular as well as diabetic ailments.
- Green Tea: Green Tea is a proven miracle for a variety of ailments. Consuming a cup of unsweetened green tea everyday helps the body to get rid of the radicals and activates the antioxidants in order to normalize the blood sugar level. This helps to reduce the risk of diabetes.
Login to Add Comment
Losing precious scalp hair is one of the worst nightmares for any man or woman. Excessive hair loss dents one’s self esteem and makes one appear older than his/her age. Even though losing abo
Okay, does someone mention Belly fat and food in one single line? Isn’t it something which is very contradictory to each other? Yes, as per the belief of the world, the only way to get rid of
Chlamydia is one of the most commonly spread STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) all over the world. The infection for this disease is spread quite easily from one person to the other and often no
Take a look at our best ways to make your journey a little less bumpy. Plan out your trip: If you are a traveler who keeps on missing our travel connections, take a
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Triple X Syndrome
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin