Foods You Should Never Refrigerate
By Refadoc, Posted on : Saturday, 13 December 2014 - 1:39 am IST
Is your kitchen shelf utterly cluttered lately? Have you been wondering about shifting some of the condiments up into your refrigerator to make some space! Good move perhaps, but take note of the things which you should never refrigerate:
- Hot Sauce: Just as the name implies, hot sauces are supposed to be stored in normal temperatures. They live happily in your pantry or kitchen for up to three years without getting spoiled.
- Potatoes: Potatoes are known to be adversely affected due to refrigeration. Upon refrigeration, the flavor goes out of the potatoes. It is recommended to store them in paper or plastic bags in your kitchen in order to trap the moisture and prevent decay. This way they can last for up to three weeks.
- Breads: It’s a commonly known fact that refrigeration dries up your bread inside out fast. Keep your breads out in your pantry at room temperature in order to increase their shelf life.
- Onions: Onions are best stored in their initial mesh bags as these bags allow the place for air circulation. Store your onions away from the potatoes as the latter emit moisture and gases which can cause the onions to rot soon.
- Batteries: Yes, this is true! Refrigerator is no place for your batteries. Instead, stash them away in your drawers at optimum room temperature. Extreme cold can diminish the performance of the batteries.
- Garlic: Did you know that Garlic can do well for two months if kept at room temperature. So, make sure that you keep them loose so that air can move around them.
- Tomatoes: Yes, tomatoes tend to get mealy in your refrigerator. It is better to leave them open around the kitchen, out of the plastic/paper bags. In order to speed up the ripening process, keep them in paper bags. Once they are ripe enough, they can last for three days more.
- Coffee: Coffee, when stored in your refrigerator can be affected both in its flavor as well as quality. Both ground coffee and coffee beans should not be stored in the refrigerator. Coffee can stay fresh in an airtight container in your pantry.
- Nail Polish: Many women store their nail polish in refrigerators! That is no place! Keeping them in your fridge can cause them to thicken. So, store them at room temperature instead away from direct sunlight.
Login to Add Comment
Omega-3 fatty acid or n-3 fats, is perhaps the only fat that you should not shy away from! It is one of the most talked about fatty acid in the recent years and is essential for the body in more wa
Insomnia is very common condition which affects so many people all over the world. A lot of people are frustrated with the lack of sleep. Around 10% people all over the world have
Diverticulitis: Basic Overview Though very rarely known, Diverticulahappens to be small and bulging pouches which are found in the inner lining of
A recent research has proved that being optimistic and wishing for good things in life can make you healthier and can even prolong your life span. One of the recent reviews on the
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin