Foods You Should Never Refrigerate
By Refadoc, Posted on : Saturday, 13 December 2014 - 1:39 am IST
Is your kitchen shelf utterly cluttered lately? Have you been wondering about shifting some of the condiments up into your refrigerator to make some space! Good move perhaps, but take note of the things which you should never refrigerate:
- Hot Sauce: Just as the name implies, hot sauces are supposed to be stored in normal temperatures. They live happily in your pantry or kitchen for up to three years without getting spoiled.
- Potatoes: Potatoes are known to be adversely affected due to refrigeration. Upon refrigeration, the flavor goes out of the potatoes. It is recommended to store them in paper or plastic bags in your kitchen in order to trap the moisture and prevent decay. This way they can last for up to three weeks.
- Breads: It’s a commonly known fact that refrigeration dries up your bread inside out fast. Keep your breads out in your pantry at room temperature in order to increase their shelf life.
- Onions: Onions are best stored in their initial mesh bags as these bags allow the place for air circulation. Store your onions away from the potatoes as the latter emit moisture and gases which can cause the onions to rot soon.
- Batteries: Yes, this is true! Refrigerator is no place for your batteries. Instead, stash them away in your drawers at optimum room temperature. Extreme cold can diminish the performance of the batteries.
- Garlic: Did you know that Garlic can do well for two months if kept at room temperature. So, make sure that you keep them loose so that air can move around them.
- Tomatoes: Yes, tomatoes tend to get mealy in your refrigerator. It is better to leave them open around the kitchen, out of the plastic/paper bags. In order to speed up the ripening process, keep them in paper bags. Once they are ripe enough, they can last for three days more.
- Coffee: Coffee, when stored in your refrigerator can be affected both in its flavor as well as quality. Both ground coffee and coffee beans should not be stored in the refrigerator. Coffee can stay fresh in an airtight container in your pantry.
- Nail Polish: Many women store their nail polish in refrigerators! That is no place! Keeping them in your fridge can cause them to thicken. So, store them at room temperature instead away from direct sunlight.
Login to Add Comment
Baker's Cyst - Basic Overview Baker's Cyst is the formation of a fluid filled cyst which causes a bulge and a feeling of tightness around the affected person's knee. The pain associated w
“Congratulations! You are pregnant!” Hearing these words can change the life of a woman upside down. Though this change is good, women are often perplexed during their first pregnancy.
Though Neck Pain does not tend to get the same attention as the back pain, it is pretty common amongst people all over the world. However, if you are susceptible towards Neck Pain, here are some hi
Dates have often been labeled as the fruit of the desert. However, its consumption has increased all over the world owing to the amazing health benefits that it provides. From relieving constipatio
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
Triple X Syndrome
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Headaches and Migraines