Foods You Should Never Refrigerate
By Refadoc, Posted on : Saturday, 13 December 2014 - 1:39 am IST
Is your kitchen shelf utterly cluttered lately? Have you been wondering about shifting some of the condiments up into your refrigerator to make some space! Good move perhaps, but take note of the things which you should never refrigerate:
- Hot Sauce: Just as the name implies, hot sauces are supposed to be stored in normal temperatures. They live happily in your pantry or kitchen for up to three years without getting spoiled.
- Potatoes: Potatoes are known to be adversely affected due to refrigeration. Upon refrigeration, the flavor goes out of the potatoes. It is recommended to store them in paper or plastic bags in your kitchen in order to trap the moisture and prevent decay. This way they can last for up to three weeks.
- Breads: It’s a commonly known fact that refrigeration dries up your bread inside out fast. Keep your breads out in your pantry at room temperature in order to increase their shelf life.
- Onions: Onions are best stored in their initial mesh bags as these bags allow the place for air circulation. Store your onions away from the potatoes as the latter emit moisture and gases which can cause the onions to rot soon.
- Batteries: Yes, this is true! Refrigerator is no place for your batteries. Instead, stash them away in your drawers at optimum room temperature. Extreme cold can diminish the performance of the batteries.
- Garlic: Did you know that Garlic can do well for two months if kept at room temperature. So, make sure that you keep them loose so that air can move around them.
- Tomatoes: Yes, tomatoes tend to get mealy in your refrigerator. It is better to leave them open around the kitchen, out of the plastic/paper bags. In order to speed up the ripening process, keep them in paper bags. Once they are ripe enough, they can last for three days more.
- Coffee: Coffee, when stored in your refrigerator can be affected both in its flavor as well as quality. Both ground coffee and coffee beans should not be stored in the refrigerator. Coffee can stay fresh in an airtight container in your pantry.
- Nail Polish: Many women store their nail polish in refrigerators! That is no place! Keeping them in your fridge can cause them to thicken. So, store them at room temperature instead away from direct sunlight.
Login to Add Comment
Mothers are often perturbed watching their kids come back home with the Tiffin unopened. It’s no wonder that kids today are quite hard to please. Mothers need to be innovative and keep in min
The festive season is upon us and with the endless parties we have to attend, if you must go, you must go gorgeous! Take a look at our top quick and inexpensive beauty tricks in orde
A recent medical research has indicated that a lifetime of improper walking can result in Osteoarthritis. So, if you know that your gait can do you harm, here are some of the best ways to fix your
A recent study has found that hookahs or popular water pipes are not able to get rid of the smoke of heavy metals. Contrary to what most people around the world think, hookah water pipes ar
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
Headaches and Migraines
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health