Foods You Should Never Refrigerate
By Refadoc, Posted on : Saturday, 13 December 2014 - 1:39 am IST
Is your kitchen shelf utterly cluttered lately? Have you been wondering about shifting some of the condiments up into your refrigerator to make some space! Good move perhaps, but take note of the things which you should never refrigerate:
- Hot Sauce: Just as the name implies, hot sauces are supposed to be stored in normal temperatures. They live happily in your pantry or kitchen for up to three years without getting spoiled.
- Potatoes: Potatoes are known to be adversely affected due to refrigeration. Upon refrigeration, the flavor goes out of the potatoes. It is recommended to store them in paper or plastic bags in your kitchen in order to trap the moisture and prevent decay. This way they can last for up to three weeks.
- Breads: It’s a commonly known fact that refrigeration dries up your bread inside out fast. Keep your breads out in your pantry at room temperature in order to increase their shelf life.
- Onions: Onions are best stored in their initial mesh bags as these bags allow the place for air circulation. Store your onions away from the potatoes as the latter emit moisture and gases which can cause the onions to rot soon.
- Batteries: Yes, this is true! Refrigerator is no place for your batteries. Instead, stash them away in your drawers at optimum room temperature. Extreme cold can diminish the performance of the batteries.
- Garlic: Did you know that Garlic can do well for two months if kept at room temperature. So, make sure that you keep them loose so that air can move around them.
- Tomatoes: Yes, tomatoes tend to get mealy in your refrigerator. It is better to leave them open around the kitchen, out of the plastic/paper bags. In order to speed up the ripening process, keep them in paper bags. Once they are ripe enough, they can last for three days more.
- Coffee: Coffee, when stored in your refrigerator can be affected both in its flavor as well as quality. Both ground coffee and coffee beans should not be stored in the refrigerator. Coffee can stay fresh in an airtight container in your pantry.
- Nail Polish: Many women store their nail polish in refrigerators! That is no place! Keeping them in your fridge can cause them to thicken. So, store them at room temperature instead away from direct sunlight.
Login to Add Comment
Vitamin D: The Lifesaving Vitamin Low levels of Vitamin D in the body have long been associated with diseases such as osteoporosis, diabetes, hypertension and even cancer.
With the change in the weather, the changes in our health are evident as well. Winters can often be very cruel for women. Changes can range from physical to psychological and can aff
Water forms one of the most integral components of our body and constitutes for about 1/3rds of our entire body weight. Drinking around 12 glasses of water every day is known to keep our body away
If you have an artery within your heart which has been clogged, then you might be suffering from Coronary Artery Disease (CAD). This disease is generally caused due to the buildup of the cholestero
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads