Getting The Home Work Blues?
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 07 January 2015 - 6:09 am IST
More and more people are working from home these days. However, research from two major British Universities have shown that people who work from home are at least as prone to stress as the other regular office staff. They are prone to loneliness, loss of concentration, irritability as well as sleep problems along with many other potential health hazards.
Here are some of the major ideas from the experts for the people who work from home:
- Make sure that you keep regular email contact with all your other colleagues. Try to be a part of the loop and send your boss and email report of your work if they like so.
- If you are self employed and working from home, consider sharing your office space with others.
- Try building contacts at networking events with the people who belong to the same field as you do.
- Make a point to go out for lunch break in the afternoon and try going for an evening walk once you have completed your day’s work.
- Get to know the people who are around you even when you are working. It helps to bust off the pent up stress.
- Draw a clear line between your home life and your work life. Try dressing up for work, keep fixed hours for work and ignore the household jobs while you are working through the day. Try walking or commuting during the morning or the evening, even if it is to take your dog out for a walk.
Login to Add Comment
We all know that relationships are difficult. One needs to nurture and cherish a relationship to make it work. But, sometimes we become so comfortable in a relationship, that we fail to see that th
Baker's Cyst - Basic Overview Baker's Cyst is the formation of a fluid filled cyst which causes a bulge and a feeling of tightness around the affected person's knee. The pain associated w
Multiple Myeloma: Basic Overview Multiple Myeloma is a type of cancer which forms within the white blood cells, which are also commonly known as plasma cells. Plasma cells are vital in or
Fibroadenoma: Basic Information Fibroadenoma is a kind of a solid, non cancerous breast tumour which tends to occur basically in teenage girls or women under the age of 30 years. Fibroade
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi