Getting Your Sight Right
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 24 December 2014 - 5:04 am IST
There are many things which are known to affect your eye health, from your diet patterns to exercise and even your make up! Are your habits sight friendly or not? Let’s take a look:
- Sweet Potato and Beetroots: Sweet Potatoes are known to be an excellent source of Vitamin A which is a night vision booster. On the other hand, beetroots are rich in Anthocyanins which helps to protect you against Retinopathy (a major cause of blindness) by protecting your blood capillaries and preventing any bleeding.
- Turn down the air conditioning: Air Conditioners are known to dry out the air from your eyes. If you have to sit in an air conditioned room, make sure that you group out some plants together in order to add some humidity to the room.
- Regular Exercising: People suffering from Glaucoma are greatly benefitted from regular exercising as it helps to reduce the intraocular pressure which increases when the aqueous humor pushes on to the eye. A recent study has shown that people who walked for 40 minutes four times a week stopped requiring any medication for treating Glaucoma.
- Follow your nose: It is recommended to dilute some jasmine essential oil and to dab it on your arm and sniff. This increases the beta waves in our brain, making it more active. This tends to help you to focus better.
- Trash Mascara: It is recommended to give up or change your mascara after every three months and other eye makeup such as your eyeliner after every six months. Your eye makeup is a breeding ground for bacteria which can cause eye infections.
- Gain your Beta Carotene: Mangoes, Papayas, Carrots and other fruits and vegetables which are orange-yellow in color and are rich in organic compound producing Vitamin A, should be taken in plenty. Night blindness is caused due to deficiency of Vitamin A.
- Check your Blood Pressure: It is recommended to check your blood pressure after every 1 month. High blood pressure and Diabetes can both be linked to blindness as they both tend to damage the blood vessels.
- Eat your fish: Eat your fish, without the chips! Studies have shown that people who consume diets which are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and low in Omega 6 are less likely to develop macular degeneration as compared to their counterparts.
- Go for Gray: It is recommended to choose Gray tinted sunglasses as the color gives less color distortion as compared to the amber tinted ones.
Login to Add Comment
Male Infertility - Overview There are numerous reasons which lead towards infertility in men. All around the world around 10 to 20% couples suffer from infertility. Infertility is not sol
Hirsutism – Basic Information Hirsutism is a condition which leads to the production of unwanted, male pattern hair growth amongst women. Hirsutism leads to an excessive amount of s
Psoriatic Arthritis: Basic Overview As it’s evident from the name, Psoriatic Arthritis is a form of arthritis which affects the people who suffer from Psoriasis, an acute skin condi
Hepatitis A: Basic Information Hepatitis A is a form of highly contagious liver infection which is caused due to the Hepatitis A Virus. This Virus is one of the many kinds of hepatitis vi
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
Triple X Syndrome
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon