Getting Your Sight Right
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 24 December 2014 - 5:04 am IST
There are many things which are known to affect your eye health, from your diet patterns to exercise and even your make up! Are your habits sight friendly or not? Let’s take a look:
- Sweet Potato and Beetroots: Sweet Potatoes are known to be an excellent source of Vitamin A which is a night vision booster. On the other hand, beetroots are rich in Anthocyanins which helps to protect you against Retinopathy (a major cause of blindness) by protecting your blood capillaries and preventing any bleeding.
- Turn down the air conditioning: Air Conditioners are known to dry out the air from your eyes. If you have to sit in an air conditioned room, make sure that you group out some plants together in order to add some humidity to the room.
- Regular Exercising: People suffering from Glaucoma are greatly benefitted from regular exercising as it helps to reduce the intraocular pressure which increases when the aqueous humor pushes on to the eye. A recent study has shown that people who walked for 40 minutes four times a week stopped requiring any medication for treating Glaucoma.
- Follow your nose: It is recommended to dilute some jasmine essential oil and to dab it on your arm and sniff. This increases the beta waves in our brain, making it more active. This tends to help you to focus better.
- Trash Mascara: It is recommended to give up or change your mascara after every three months and other eye makeup such as your eyeliner after every six months. Your eye makeup is a breeding ground for bacteria which can cause eye infections.
- Gain your Beta Carotene: Mangoes, Papayas, Carrots and other fruits and vegetables which are orange-yellow in color and are rich in organic compound producing Vitamin A, should be taken in plenty. Night blindness is caused due to deficiency of Vitamin A.
- Check your Blood Pressure: It is recommended to check your blood pressure after every 1 month. High blood pressure and Diabetes can both be linked to blindness as they both tend to damage the blood vessels.
- Eat your fish: Eat your fish, without the chips! Studies have shown that people who consume diets which are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and low in Omega 6 are less likely to develop macular degeneration as compared to their counterparts.
- Go for Gray: It is recommended to choose Gray tinted sunglasses as the color gives less color distortion as compared to the amber tinted ones.
Login to Add Comment
All over the world, eggs are considered the perfect staple diet for breakfasts. Being a storehouse of nutrients and protein, it has come out to be an integral part of a healthy diet. Eggs are the b
Are you feeling sad? Does “feeling sad” sound like an understatement? There are times when nothing seems to be going right in your life and sadness engulfs you.Whether it is work relate
Bulimia Nervosa - Overview Bulimia Nervosa, which is also known as Bulimia, is a very serious and life threatening eating disorder. Though this disease cannot be diagnosed on the basis of
Vitamin B3- Niacin : Overview Vitamin B3 which is commonly known as Niacin is required by the body for the maintenance of one’s general health. It is known to improve cholesterol le
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Eating rice won't make you fat
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health