Getting Your Sight Right
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 24 December 2014 - 5:04 am IST
There are many things which are known to affect your eye health, from your diet patterns to exercise and even your make up! Are your habits sight friendly or not? Let’s take a look:
- Sweet Potato and Beetroots: Sweet Potatoes are known to be an excellent source of Vitamin A which is a night vision booster. On the other hand, beetroots are rich in Anthocyanins which helps to protect you against Retinopathy (a major cause of blindness) by protecting your blood capillaries and preventing any bleeding.
- Turn down the air conditioning: Air Conditioners are known to dry out the air from your eyes. If you have to sit in an air conditioned room, make sure that you group out some plants together in order to add some humidity to the room.
- Regular Exercising: People suffering from Glaucoma are greatly benefitted from regular exercising as it helps to reduce the intraocular pressure which increases when the aqueous humor pushes on to the eye. A recent study has shown that people who walked for 40 minutes four times a week stopped requiring any medication for treating Glaucoma.
- Follow your nose: It is recommended to dilute some jasmine essential oil and to dab it on your arm and sniff. This increases the beta waves in our brain, making it more active. This tends to help you to focus better.
- Trash Mascara: It is recommended to give up or change your mascara after every three months and other eye makeup such as your eyeliner after every six months. Your eye makeup is a breeding ground for bacteria which can cause eye infections.
- Gain your Beta Carotene: Mangoes, Papayas, Carrots and other fruits and vegetables which are orange-yellow in color and are rich in organic compound producing Vitamin A, should be taken in plenty. Night blindness is caused due to deficiency of Vitamin A.
- Check your Blood Pressure: It is recommended to check your blood pressure after every 1 month. High blood pressure and Diabetes can both be linked to blindness as they both tend to damage the blood vessels.
- Eat your fish: Eat your fish, without the chips! Studies have shown that people who consume diets which are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and low in Omega 6 are less likely to develop macular degeneration as compared to their counterparts.
- Go for Gray: It is recommended to choose Gray tinted sunglasses as the color gives less color distortion as compared to the amber tinted ones.
Login to Add Comment
Does your skin look dull and lifeless despite using the best moisturizers and serums in the market? Well, the problem could be pollution, dirt and grime making your skin dry and dull. To have radia
If you have a little more weight and a hanging tummy but are looking forward to gain those wonderfully looking abs, then do not despair! Here is a list of ten fibre rich foods whic
Epilepsy - Overview Brain has emerged out to be the master computer which governs the running of all the systems of our human body. Therefore, all the functions of
Malaria – A Basic Overview Malaria is a mosquito borne infection which occurs in humans and other primate animals due to the parasites carried by the mosquitoes. One of the major sy
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Triple X Syndrome
Headaches and Migraines
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
Eating rice won't make you fat
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits