Getting Your Sight Right
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 24 December 2014 - 5:04 am IST
There are many things which are known to affect your eye health, from your diet patterns to exercise and even your make up! Are your habits sight friendly or not? Let’s take a look:
- Sweet Potato and Beetroots: Sweet Potatoes are known to be an excellent source of Vitamin A which is a night vision booster. On the other hand, beetroots are rich in Anthocyanins which helps to protect you against Retinopathy (a major cause of blindness) by protecting your blood capillaries and preventing any bleeding.
- Turn down the air conditioning: Air Conditioners are known to dry out the air from your eyes. If you have to sit in an air conditioned room, make sure that you group out some plants together in order to add some humidity to the room.
- Regular Exercising: People suffering from Glaucoma are greatly benefitted from regular exercising as it helps to reduce the intraocular pressure which increases when the aqueous humor pushes on to the eye. A recent study has shown that people who walked for 40 minutes four times a week stopped requiring any medication for treating Glaucoma.
- Follow your nose: It is recommended to dilute some jasmine essential oil and to dab it on your arm and sniff. This increases the beta waves in our brain, making it more active. This tends to help you to focus better.
- Trash Mascara: It is recommended to give up or change your mascara after every three months and other eye makeup such as your eyeliner after every six months. Your eye makeup is a breeding ground for bacteria which can cause eye infections.
- Gain your Beta Carotene: Mangoes, Papayas, Carrots and other fruits and vegetables which are orange-yellow in color and are rich in organic compound producing Vitamin A, should be taken in plenty. Night blindness is caused due to deficiency of Vitamin A.
- Check your Blood Pressure: It is recommended to check your blood pressure after every 1 month. High blood pressure and Diabetes can both be linked to blindness as they both tend to damage the blood vessels.
- Eat your fish: Eat your fish, without the chips! Studies have shown that people who consume diets which are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and low in Omega 6 are less likely to develop macular degeneration as compared to their counterparts.
- Go for Gray: It is recommended to choose Gray tinted sunglasses as the color gives less color distortion as compared to the amber tinted ones.
Login to Add Comment
Thyroid Problems and Pregnancy: The Inter relation There are many different reasons behind infertility in women. Sometimes, it can be really hard to put a finger on the issue which is cau
Want to know the fast track to unhappiness? Start comparing! If you want to feel really down for no reason at all, you should start comparing yourself with the people aroun
Sleep Apnea - Overview Sleep Apnea has emerged out to be one of the most potential sleep disorders in which the breathing tends to stop and start intermittently. People who either snore l
Ulcerative Colitis: Basic Overview Ulcerative Colitis is an IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease) which is known to cause a long lasting inflammation accompanied by ulcers within the digestive
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
Eating rice won't make you fat
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin