Go Green, Trim Your Waste
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 23 December 2014 - 1:21 pm IST
Right from the farms to our fork, humans tend to waste around 40% of the food. In addition to our economical to our ethical ramifications, this predisposed wastage of food is known to affect our environment adversely. Therefore, look carefully in order to see how each of us wastes so much food. In order to reduce the amount of food wasted, take a look at these top five tips to prevent wastage:
- Smart Shopping: It is recommended to plan a week’s worth of dinners and to make a detailed shopping list in order to prevent any chances of overbuying. You should also try to leave a few nights free for the leftovers. Stick to your initial list and then be honest with yourself by not buying any product which can go unused or wasted.
- If it’s in sight, it’s all right: Keeping your food visible tends to work wonders in most of the cases. This means that you will be avoiding the cluttered fridge and cabinets where the eatables tend to be pushed back. Put the newer groceries on the backside and the older ones in the front.
- Avoid the portion distortion: It is recommended to not dish out too much. It’s very easy and takes seconds but we don’t tend to save what is left on the plate. Beware of the fact that today’s big plates tend to make a reasonable amount of food to look tiny.
- Love the leftovers: It is very easy to store your leftovers in the fridge; however it is very difficult to consume them the next day. Yesterday’s leftovers can make excellent lunches and they can also save you time and money.
- Expiration Exasperation: Trust your basic senses before you rely on the packaging date on the back of the food products. Sell by dates are often aimed at the retailers and they often tend to leave about a week for the customers to enjoy the item at home. Also, best by is less stringent than use by!
Login to Add Comment
Hepatitis C: Basic Overview Hepatitis C is an infection which is caused by a virus attacking the liver leading to the inflammation of the organ. Most people who are infected with Hepatiti
Butt Acne is a condition which affects women all over the world. How often have you run your hand along the back side to find that the skin is riddled with pimples? If you think th
Yes, offices can be tiresome and boring at times. Sometimes, all you want to do is sit down at your desk and munch along on that bag of chips. Other times, coffee seems like you new best friend. Li
India has been crowned as the Diabetes capital of the world. Therefore, take a look at the ways in order to reduce the toll of the disease, which can shorten your life span by almost 15 years. Here
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts