Go Green, Trim Your Waste
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 23 December 2014 - 1:21 pm IST
Right from the farms to our fork, humans tend to waste around 40% of the food. In addition to our economical to our ethical ramifications, this predisposed wastage of food is known to affect our environment adversely. Therefore, look carefully in order to see how each of us wastes so much food. In order to reduce the amount of food wasted, take a look at these top five tips to prevent wastage:
- Smart Shopping: It is recommended to plan a week’s worth of dinners and to make a detailed shopping list in order to prevent any chances of overbuying. You should also try to leave a few nights free for the leftovers. Stick to your initial list and then be honest with yourself by not buying any product which can go unused or wasted.
- If it’s in sight, it’s all right: Keeping your food visible tends to work wonders in most of the cases. This means that you will be avoiding the cluttered fridge and cabinets where the eatables tend to be pushed back. Put the newer groceries on the backside and the older ones in the front.
- Avoid the portion distortion: It is recommended to not dish out too much. It’s very easy and takes seconds but we don’t tend to save what is left on the plate. Beware of the fact that today’s big plates tend to make a reasonable amount of food to look tiny.
- Love the leftovers: It is very easy to store your leftovers in the fridge; however it is very difficult to consume them the next day. Yesterday’s leftovers can make excellent lunches and they can also save you time and money.
- Expiration Exasperation: Trust your basic senses before you rely on the packaging date on the back of the food products. Sell by dates are often aimed at the retailers and they often tend to leave about a week for the customers to enjoy the item at home. Also, best by is less stringent than use by!
Login to Add Comment
Everyone desires to have fair, smooth and dewy complexion. But, dust, dirt and pollution make skin dull and lifeless. The scorching summer sun also tans skin and makes one look darker. But, there a
Simply can’t get rid of dark circles under the eyes? Well, fret not;it is a common problem with simple solutions. Dark circles are basically discoloration or darkness of the skin around the e
E. Coli Bacteria Infections - Overview E. coli is a bacterium which lives in the intestines of healthy people and animals. Most of the varieties of E. coli are known to be harmless to hum
Getting the right lip and cheek stain is the best way to stand out in a crowd. So, if you have been fussing on your blush for a long time now, check out some of our best tips in order to gain an am
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
Eating rice won't make you fat
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar