Go Green, Trim Your Waste
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 23 December 2014 - 1:21 pm IST
Right from the farms to our fork, humans tend to waste around 40% of the food. In addition to our economical to our ethical ramifications, this predisposed wastage of food is known to affect our environment adversely. Therefore, look carefully in order to see how each of us wastes so much food. In order to reduce the amount of food wasted, take a look at these top five tips to prevent wastage:
- Smart Shopping: It is recommended to plan a week’s worth of dinners and to make a detailed shopping list in order to prevent any chances of overbuying. You should also try to leave a few nights free for the leftovers. Stick to your initial list and then be honest with yourself by not buying any product which can go unused or wasted.
- If it’s in sight, it’s all right: Keeping your food visible tends to work wonders in most of the cases. This means that you will be avoiding the cluttered fridge and cabinets where the eatables tend to be pushed back. Put the newer groceries on the backside and the older ones in the front.
- Avoid the portion distortion: It is recommended to not dish out too much. It’s very easy and takes seconds but we don’t tend to save what is left on the plate. Beware of the fact that today’s big plates tend to make a reasonable amount of food to look tiny.
- Love the leftovers: It is very easy to store your leftovers in the fridge; however it is very difficult to consume them the next day. Yesterday’s leftovers can make excellent lunches and they can also save you time and money.
- Expiration Exasperation: Trust your basic senses before you rely on the packaging date on the back of the food products. Sell by dates are often aimed at the retailers and they often tend to leave about a week for the customers to enjoy the item at home. Also, best by is less stringent than use by!
Login to Add Comment
Aging is considered to be a natural process by everyone. It’s a phenomenon which has to happen, irrespective of whatever measures we may consider in order to avoid it. Though it cannot be avo
Vitamin B-12: Overview Vitamin B12 is a water soluble vitamin. When the body has used this vitamin, then the leftover vitamins can be easily washed off from the body via urine. However, t
Bladder Cancer: Basic Overview Bladder Cancer is a kind of cancer which begins in the urinary bladder – a small, balloon shaped organ which is found in the pelvic a
Cabbage Cabbage is often cited down in the same category as that of Lettuce. The vegetable is known well for its beneficial nutrients. Cabbage is known to vary in its color
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
Triple X Syndrome
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health