Have Yourself an Allergy Free Holidays
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 16 December 2014 - 5:53 am IST
It’s that time of the year when friends and family gather together in order to celebrate the holidays and the happy times with each other. However, in order to enjoy this time, we have to put a special focus on our health and our lifestyle. This time of the year can be very difficult for people who suffer from allergies as the holidays carry with them hidden risks and potential germs.
So, here are a few expert tips in order to make sure that you have happy and allergy free holidays:
- Clean down your tree: During the festive season, mini allergies explosions with a variety of complain are quite common. Your very own Christmas tree can be a live trigger releasing mold spores into your home within days when you put it up. Therefore, make sure that you wipe the tree down properly and dry it before putting it up in your home. Also, different molds tend to be present on a live tree, so, the risk of spore counts within your home goes up by six times within a week of putting the tree. Installing a HEPA air filter can provide you with some relief from the spores and molds.
- Try going Scent Free: If you or your family members suffer from allergies, then the strong fragrances emerging from potpourri, scented candles as well as decorations can cause irritation to the eyes, ears and the nose. Try making use of the natural decorations such as flowers such as carnations, tulips and orchids instead of going artificial.
- Choose a Scrubbing Plant: Certain plants are known to scrub and clean the indoor air which is very helpful during the winter season in order to remove the pollutants and to improve the indoor air quality. Aloe Vera, English ivy, Bamboo palm and rubber plant are a few major scrubbing plants you can choose from.
- Clean the air: Using a room or a HEPA air filter can help you to reduce the chances of the indoor air pollutants accumulation such as cat dander or dog hair.
- Try remaining Dry: If your home is humidified regularly, try not overdoing it. Try to measure the use of the indoor moisture level in your home with the help of a hygrometer in order to keep the indoor humidity levels at no level higher than 40-50%.
- Snow Sprays are a strict no: Try avoiding the use of the snow sprays which can aggravate the nasal and the sinus passages of people suffering from allergies such as Asthma.
- Watch out for plant allergens: Poinsettias are one of the most popular holiday decorations, which can trigger allergic skin symptoms upon contact with its leaves. So, keep a tab on the plants which you must have indoors.
Login to Add Comment
Head Lice Infestation - Overview As kids, nearly everyone has been infected with head lice at one time or the other. Head Lice are the tiny insects which feed on the blood of the human sc
Hirsutism – Basic Information Hirsutism is a condition which leads to the production of unwanted, male pattern hair growth amongst women. Hirsutism leads to an excessive amount of s
Ramsay Hunt Disease – Basic Overview Ramsay Hunt Disease, which is also known as Herpes Zoster Oticus occurs when a Shingles infection affects the facial nerve near the ears. Ramsay
What is the major barrier when you are trying to shed those few extra kilos? The answer is hunger! Contrary to popular beliefs, instead of eating less while you are dieting
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
Eating rice won't make you fat
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc