Headaches and Migraines - Health Center
Headaches and Migraines
By Refadoc, Posted on : Thursday, 19 November 2015 - 6:18 am IST
Keeping Migraines at Bay Simply
Some everyday habits can be incorporated into your everyday lifestyle in order to make sure that you can keep your migraines at bay. Take a look at some of the best and natural ways to keep migraines away:
- Streamlining your eating Habits: Usually, we tend to wait too long between two subsequent meals which causes a dip in the blood sugar level of the body leading to triggering of a migraine. Therefore, carry a pocketful of healthy snacks such as nuts, dried fruit or vegetables handy, so that you can always munch on something between meals. Staying well hydrated is also known to keep migraines at bay.
- Choosing a Dietary Supplement: When you supplement your diet with extra vitamins such as B12, Magnesium, Coenzyme Q10 or other herbs, it may help to keep migraines at bay. However, it is recommended to consult a doctor regarding your choice of supplements if you are pregnant or are undergoing treatment.
- Boosting Up your Cardio Exercises: In a research study which has been conducted recently, it has been found out that people who cycled three times a week are known to have a lower chance of contracting migraines or related headaches as compared to their counterparts. Indulging in any kind of cardiovascular exercise is known to keep headaches and migraines at bay. Also, you tend to build up your routine gradually, but three times a week is the minimum time recommended by the doctors.
- Take Some Time Off: Stress is one of the major contributing factors towards the development of Migraines. Therefore, take out some time from your schedule and work frenzy and devote sometime to yourself. Stress can lead to the release of cortisone which causes the kicking in of the migraines.
- Reassess your birth control pills: Birth control pills are rich in estrogens which tend to cause hormonal imbalance in the body leading to the kicking in of the migraines or aggravating the ones which are already presence. Talk to your doctor and if it helps, try getting off your pills in order to reduce the levels of estrogens, which could lead to a drop in your migraines as well.
Migraine though needs proper treatments, can be kept under optimum control with the help of these simple steps as mentioned above.