Health Benefits of Apple
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 28 April 2015 - 1:11 pm IST
Apple : The Healthiest Food
An old Welsh proverb goes by ‘An Apple a day keeps the doctors away’. We are all familiar with this proverb, but what is it that makes the fruit so popular amongst people all over the world?
Apple is the most cultivated and consumed fruit all over the world. It has often been called the miracle food. This is because the fruit is a rich source of antioxidants, flavanoids as well as dietary fiber. The phytonutrients as well as antioxidants found in apples help to reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, diabetes as well as heart disease.
Apples, without a doubt deserve to be called as Nutritional Powerhouses. They are very rich in the following nutrients:
- Vitamin C: Apples are a rich source of Vitamin C, which is a powerful natural antioxidant which is capable of blocking out some of the damage caused due to the free radicals as well as is capable of boosting the body’s resistance against the infectious agents.
- B complex Vitamins: Apples are a rich source of Riboflavin, Thiamin as well as Vitamin B 6. These vitamins hold an important part in maintaining the red blood cells as well as the nervous system of the body in a good shape.
- Dietary Fiber: Diets rich in fiber are known to prevent the development of certain diseases as well as helps to prevent the accumulation of bad cholesterol in the bloodstream.
- Phytonutrients: Apples are a rich source of Polyphenolic Compounds. These nutrients help to protect the body against the bad effects of free radicals.
- Apples are also a rich source of potassium, Calcium and phosphorus.
Health Benefits of Apples:
Scientific Research has proved that apples are one of the best foods found in nature and should be added to our everyday diet. The following are the major health benefits of the fruit:
- Improves Neurological Health: Apples have proved to be good for one’s neurological health. The fruit is very rich in the antioxidant ‘quercetin’ which is known to reduce the rate of cellular death caused due to oxidation and inflammation of the neurons.
- Prevents Alzheimer’s disease: Evidence has pointed to the fact that apples help to protect the neuron cells against oxidation and stress induced neurotoxicity which further helps to reduce the risk of developing neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease.
- Prevents the risk of stroke: A recent study has proved that men and women who consumed apples as a part of their everyday diet have the lowest risk of developing stroke.
- Lowers bad cholesterol: Apples are really the miracle fruit! It has been proved that people who consume an apple everyday are known to have a 23% lesser chance of harboring bad cholesterol as compared to their counterparts.
- Reduces the risk of Diabetes: Apples are also known to reduce your chances of developing Diabetes. People who consume apples as a part of their everyday diet have a 7% lower chance of developing diabetes as compared to their counterparts.
Consuming an apple a day also helps to prevent vascular death in people above the age of 50. However, Apple seeds contain cyanide, which is a powerful poison. Eating too many apple seeds can be potentially dangerous. Most of the fiber and antioxidants are present in the peel of the fruit. Therefore, it is highly beneficial to eat the fruit without peeling.
Login to Add Comment
Vitamin A : Overview Vitamin A which is also commonly known as Retinoid is widely famous for promoting good vision, healthy immune system as well as cell growth in humans. There are
Pregnancy is a very crucial stage in every woman’s life. Therefore, if you have been trying to conceive, it is very important to keep a tab on the food choices that you make. There have been
Pets can be difficult to handle. They can be often fussy about their food. So, here are some of the most common pet foods which are being debunked. Preparing their food yours
Grapes The ways to consume Grapes are endless. You can choose from red, green and purple grapes, depending on your need and requirement. And who can forget the wines and th
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
Headaches and Migraines
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Eating rice won't make you fat
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health