Health Benefits of Grapes
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 29 April 2015 - 2:22 pm IST
The ways to consume Grapes are endless. You can choose from red, green and purple grapes, depending on your need and requirement. And who can forget the wines and the raisins? The fruit, which is included in the category of berries, is one of the most popular fruits all over the world. The health benefits of grapes include from warding off cancer to controlling the high blood pressure and constipation.
Nutritional Breakdown of Grapes:
Around one cup or 32 grapes contain the following:
Proteins 1.09 grams
Fat 0.24 grams
Fiber 1.4 grams
Vitamin C 4.8 Milligrams
Vitamin a 10 Micrograms
Potassium 288 Milligrams
Iron 0.54 Grams
Folate 3 Micrograms
Grapes are very rich in water content and are good for keeping your skin hydrated. Grapes are also high in their antioxidant content which makes them a rich source of Lutein and Zeaxanthin. Grapes are also well known to boost the power of the flavanoids such as Myricetin and Quercetin in the body to fight against the free radicals in the blood stream.
Health Benefits of Grapes:
- Fighting against Cancer: Grapes are a rich source of antioxidants such as Polyphenols which are known to slow down or to prevent many different kinds of cancer, such as Esophageal, Lung, Mouth, Pharynx, Endometrial, Pancreatic, Prostate as well as Colon cancer. Resveratol which is also a type of Polyphenols.
- Heart Disease: The Flavanoids Quercetin which is a natural anti inflammatory agent is found in the grapes. It is known to protect the body against damage caused due to low density lipoprotein. Quercetin is also known to have many anti cancer effects. The fiber content in the grapes is known to support the heart health.
- High Blood Pressure: Potassium is known to have many health benefits for the body. Potassium intake is known to help fight against the high blood pressure amongst patients.
- Constipation: Since grapes are a rich source of both water as well as fiber, they are known to keep you hydrated as well as keep your bowel movements regular.
- Allergies: Due to the anti inflammatory qualities of Quercetin, grapes are known to decrease down the symptoms of allergies, such as the common cold.
Login to Add Comment
Zinc Zinc, through not so well known, happens to be one of the most important mineral that our body needs. It goes out to help in the protein and carbohydrate metabolism as well as helps
It’s 12 am and you are foraging the fridge for an after dinner snack. But are you wondering if your midnight snack should be nixed? Dieticians have suggested that eating in the evening or ove
Lemons Fruit Overview: Lemons came to become popular in the late 18th century when they were known to cure cases of Scurvy amongst sailors. The sailors found that Lemons and Or
Green Tea is popular all over the world owing to its various health benefits. It is known to protect against heart disease, diabetes, cancer, weight gain and even tooth decay. However, recent
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Triple X Syndrome
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss