Health Benefits of Grapes
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 29 April 2015 - 2:22 pm IST
The ways to consume Grapes are endless. You can choose from red, green and purple grapes, depending on your need and requirement. And who can forget the wines and the raisins? The fruit, which is included in the category of berries, is one of the most popular fruits all over the world. The health benefits of grapes include from warding off cancer to controlling the high blood pressure and constipation.
Nutritional Breakdown of Grapes:
Around one cup or 32 grapes contain the following:
Proteins 1.09 grams
Fat 0.24 grams
Fiber 1.4 grams
Vitamin C 4.8 Milligrams
Vitamin a 10 Micrograms
Potassium 288 Milligrams
Iron 0.54 Grams
Folate 3 Micrograms
Grapes are very rich in water content and are good for keeping your skin hydrated. Grapes are also high in their antioxidant content which makes them a rich source of Lutein and Zeaxanthin. Grapes are also well known to boost the power of the flavanoids such as Myricetin and Quercetin in the body to fight against the free radicals in the blood stream.
Health Benefits of Grapes:
- Fighting against Cancer: Grapes are a rich source of antioxidants such as Polyphenols which are known to slow down or to prevent many different kinds of cancer, such as Esophageal, Lung, Mouth, Pharynx, Endometrial, Pancreatic, Prostate as well as Colon cancer. Resveratol which is also a type of Polyphenols.
- Heart Disease: The Flavanoids Quercetin which is a natural anti inflammatory agent is found in the grapes. It is known to protect the body against damage caused due to low density lipoprotein. Quercetin is also known to have many anti cancer effects. The fiber content in the grapes is known to support the heart health.
- High Blood Pressure: Potassium is known to have many health benefits for the body. Potassium intake is known to help fight against the high blood pressure amongst patients.
- Constipation: Since grapes are a rich source of both water as well as fiber, they are known to keep you hydrated as well as keep your bowel movements regular.
- Allergies: Due to the anti inflammatory qualities of Quercetin, grapes are known to decrease down the symptoms of allergies, such as the common cold.
Login to Add Comment
There is a general myth that once a person turns eighteen, the growth of their bones stop permanently. Though there is a shard of truth in this myth, there is no doubt in the fact
Gas / Gas Pains: Basic Overview Gas or Gas Pains is a very common condition which affects people at a regular basis. These pains can strike at almost any time. Passing intestinal gas or f
Typhoid Fever - Overview Salmonella Typhi is the name of the bacteria which is known to cause typhoid in human beings. In the developed nations all over the world, this disease has been c
Culinary Scientists and food experts from all over the world bring you some of the most delightful tips in order to make your food choices not only healthy, but nutritious at the same time. They re
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits