Health Benefits of Grapes
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 29 April 2015 - 2:22 pm IST
The ways to consume Grapes are endless. You can choose from red, green and purple grapes, depending on your need and requirement. And who can forget the wines and the raisins? The fruit, which is included in the category of berries, is one of the most popular fruits all over the world. The health benefits of grapes include from warding off cancer to controlling the high blood pressure and constipation.
Nutritional Breakdown of Grapes:
Around one cup or 32 grapes contain the following:
Proteins 1.09 grams
Fat 0.24 grams
Fiber 1.4 grams
Vitamin C 4.8 Milligrams
Vitamin a 10 Micrograms
Potassium 288 Milligrams
Iron 0.54 Grams
Folate 3 Micrograms
Grapes are very rich in water content and are good for keeping your skin hydrated. Grapes are also high in their antioxidant content which makes them a rich source of Lutein and Zeaxanthin. Grapes are also well known to boost the power of the flavanoids such as Myricetin and Quercetin in the body to fight against the free radicals in the blood stream.
Health Benefits of Grapes:
- Fighting against Cancer: Grapes are a rich source of antioxidants such as Polyphenols which are known to slow down or to prevent many different kinds of cancer, such as Esophageal, Lung, Mouth, Pharynx, Endometrial, Pancreatic, Prostate as well as Colon cancer. Resveratol which is also a type of Polyphenols.
- Heart Disease: The Flavanoids Quercetin which is a natural anti inflammatory agent is found in the grapes. It is known to protect the body against damage caused due to low density lipoprotein. Quercetin is also known to have many anti cancer effects. The fiber content in the grapes is known to support the heart health.
- High Blood Pressure: Potassium is known to have many health benefits for the body. Potassium intake is known to help fight against the high blood pressure amongst patients.
- Constipation: Since grapes are a rich source of both water as well as fiber, they are known to keep you hydrated as well as keep your bowel movements regular.
- Allergies: Due to the anti inflammatory qualities of Quercetin, grapes are known to decrease down the symptoms of allergies, such as the common cold.
Login to Add Comment
Bulimia Nervosa - Overview Bulimia Nervosa, which is also known as Bulimia, is a very serious and life threatening eating disorder. Though this disease cannot be diagnosed on the basis of
Iodine: Iodine is known to help the regulation of the energy production as well as the weight growth within the body. It also goes out to promote the proper growth of hair, nails, skin an
Magnesium Magnesium is vital for the formation and maintenance of the bone protein and for the formation of new blood cells. It goes out to activate the Vitamin B in the body and relaxes
Right from the farms to our fork, humans tend to waste around 40% of the food. In addition to our economical to our ethical ramifications, this predisposed wastage of food is known to affect our en
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon