Healthiest Fishes to Eat
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 24 February 2015 - 1:11 am IST
Just as it goes with meat, fishes too are packed with essential amino acids. The fact which makes fish a much more preferable choice is that it is also packed with Omega 3 Fatty Acids, which help to lower down the levels of bad cholesterol in the bloodstream and prevent joint pain and stiffness.
However, not all fishes are equally healthy. Some are known to contain large amounts of heavy metals such as Cadmium, Lead and Mercury. So, here are the healthiest fishes to eat:
- Salmon: Salmon has been classified as a low mercury fish which is loaded with essential omega 3 fatty acids. Its consumption is known to be greatly beneficial for kids as it contains both EPA and DHA – the fish oils which are essential for brain development.
- Light Tuna: Tuna is another great source of Omega 3 Fatty acids. It contains brain friendly fish oils EPA and DHA. It also contains lower levels of Mercury.
- Mackerel: Being a fatty fish that it is, Mackerel comes loaded with the goodness of Omega 3 Fatty Acids. It’s also known to be greatly beneficial for the brain and cognitive development.
- Sardines: Sardines are very high in levels of Omega 3 Fatty Acids and are low in the level of Mercury. Canned Sardines make this nutrient dense fish easy and ready for consumption.
- Herring: Herring is a Fatty fish which is known to contain the essential amino acids for muscle repair and development. It is also a great source of Omega 3 Fatty acids and is low on the level of Mercury.
- Catfish: Though Catfish is not as fatty as salmon, tuna, Mackerel and the rest, it is still known to be a rich source of Omega 3 fatty Acids and is known to be beneficial for both mind as well as body. The fish is also low in the levels of mercury.
Login to Add Comment
Thirty Five Reasons to Use Garlic: Garlic has been recommended by doctors all over the world as one of the best herbs. Garlic has so many beneficial ways in order to help your body to bec
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) : Overview Riboflavin is a sub type of B Vitamin. Riboflavin is found in milk, meats, eggs, nuts as well as green vegetables. Used along with a combination of othe
Sugar is sweet and tempting and if you’ve got a sweet tooth, then it can be pretty hard to be resisted. However, before you pour that another spoon into your cup of tea, here are some disturb
Blackberries Blackberries are one of the most common forms of Berry which is found all over the world. The fruit contains of small drupelets which are arranged in a circula
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
Headaches and Migraines
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
Eating rice won't make you fat