Healthiest Fishes to Eat
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 24 February 2015 - 1:11 am IST
Just as it goes with meat, fishes too are packed with essential amino acids. The fact which makes fish a much more preferable choice is that it is also packed with Omega 3 Fatty Acids, which help to lower down the levels of bad cholesterol in the bloodstream and prevent joint pain and stiffness.
However, not all fishes are equally healthy. Some are known to contain large amounts of heavy metals such as Cadmium, Lead and Mercury. So, here are the healthiest fishes to eat:
- Salmon: Salmon has been classified as a low mercury fish which is loaded with essential omega 3 fatty acids. Its consumption is known to be greatly beneficial for kids as it contains both EPA and DHA – the fish oils which are essential for brain development.
- Light Tuna: Tuna is another great source of Omega 3 Fatty acids. It contains brain friendly fish oils EPA and DHA. It also contains lower levels of Mercury.
- Mackerel: Being a fatty fish that it is, Mackerel comes loaded with the goodness of Omega 3 Fatty Acids. It’s also known to be greatly beneficial for the brain and cognitive development.
- Sardines: Sardines are very high in levels of Omega 3 Fatty Acids and are low in the level of Mercury. Canned Sardines make this nutrient dense fish easy and ready for consumption.
- Herring: Herring is a Fatty fish which is known to contain the essential amino acids for muscle repair and development. It is also a great source of Omega 3 Fatty acids and is low on the level of Mercury.
- Catfish: Though Catfish is not as fatty as salmon, tuna, Mackerel and the rest, it is still known to be a rich source of Omega 3 fatty Acids and is known to be beneficial for both mind as well as body. The fish is also low in the levels of mercury.
Login to Add Comment
Night time is the ideal time to go to sleep or snuggle in and watch movies with a huge bowl of popcorn. However, what if I tell you that there are some tips with which you can de b
Raw Garlic: The Hidden Truth Raw Garlic has been known to prevent blood clots and keeping the blood pressure down. However, most recipes require the garlic to be cooked and
So, you have been dealing with stress lately? Have you been taking those anti depression pills? That is a complete no! Nature holds the keys to the best stress busters which may also appeal to your
Nothing sounds better on a summer evening than a cold lager waiting for you at the end of the day. Beer is a crowd pleaser, throughout different tastes and seasons and brings to you many unexpected
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Headaches and Migraines
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy