Healthiest Fishes to Eat
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 24 February 2015 - 1:11 am IST
Just as it goes with meat, fishes too are packed with essential amino acids. The fact which makes fish a much more preferable choice is that it is also packed with Omega 3 Fatty Acids, which help to lower down the levels of bad cholesterol in the bloodstream and prevent joint pain and stiffness.
However, not all fishes are equally healthy. Some are known to contain large amounts of heavy metals such as Cadmium, Lead and Mercury. So, here are the healthiest fishes to eat:
- Salmon: Salmon has been classified as a low mercury fish which is loaded with essential omega 3 fatty acids. Its consumption is known to be greatly beneficial for kids as it contains both EPA and DHA – the fish oils which are essential for brain development.
- Light Tuna: Tuna is another great source of Omega 3 Fatty acids. It contains brain friendly fish oils EPA and DHA. It also contains lower levels of Mercury.
- Mackerel: Being a fatty fish that it is, Mackerel comes loaded with the goodness of Omega 3 Fatty Acids. It’s also known to be greatly beneficial for the brain and cognitive development.
- Sardines: Sardines are very high in levels of Omega 3 Fatty Acids and are low in the level of Mercury. Canned Sardines make this nutrient dense fish easy and ready for consumption.
- Herring: Herring is a Fatty fish which is known to contain the essential amino acids for muscle repair and development. It is also a great source of Omega 3 Fatty acids and is low on the level of Mercury.
- Catfish: Though Catfish is not as fatty as salmon, tuna, Mackerel and the rest, it is still known to be a rich source of Omega 3 fatty Acids and is known to be beneficial for both mind as well as body. The fish is also low in the levels of mercury.
Login to Add Comment
What is the major barrier when you are trying to shed those few extra kilos? The answer is hunger! Contrary to popular beliefs, instead of eating less while you are dieting
Pregnancy is a very crucial stage in every woman’s life. Therefore, if you have been trying to conceive, it is very important to keep a tab on the food choices that you make. There have been
Brussels sprouts Brussels sprouts are something we all hated eating up as kids. They suffer from a bad reputation; however that does not mean that they are not beneficial f
Shilajit is considered to be one of the most important substances ever found in the Ayurvedic world. It means ‘nectar of God’. Shilajit has been used for thousands of years in order to
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Triple X Syndrome
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits