Healthiest Fishes to Eat
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 24 February 2015 - 1:11 am IST
Just as it goes with meat, fishes too are packed with essential amino acids. The fact which makes fish a much more preferable choice is that it is also packed with Omega 3 Fatty Acids, which help to lower down the levels of bad cholesterol in the bloodstream and prevent joint pain and stiffness.
However, not all fishes are equally healthy. Some are known to contain large amounts of heavy metals such as Cadmium, Lead and Mercury. So, here are the healthiest fishes to eat:
- Salmon: Salmon has been classified as a low mercury fish which is loaded with essential omega 3 fatty acids. Its consumption is known to be greatly beneficial for kids as it contains both EPA and DHA – the fish oils which are essential for brain development.
- Light Tuna: Tuna is another great source of Omega 3 Fatty acids. It contains brain friendly fish oils EPA and DHA. It also contains lower levels of Mercury.
- Mackerel: Being a fatty fish that it is, Mackerel comes loaded with the goodness of Omega 3 Fatty Acids. It’s also known to be greatly beneficial for the brain and cognitive development.
- Sardines: Sardines are very high in levels of Omega 3 Fatty Acids and are low in the level of Mercury. Canned Sardines make this nutrient dense fish easy and ready for consumption.
- Herring: Herring is a Fatty fish which is known to contain the essential amino acids for muscle repair and development. It is also a great source of Omega 3 Fatty acids and is low on the level of Mercury.
- Catfish: Though Catfish is not as fatty as salmon, tuna, Mackerel and the rest, it is still known to be a rich source of Omega 3 fatty Acids and is known to be beneficial for both mind as well as body. The fish is also low in the levels of mercury.
Login to Add Comment
Liver Failure - Overview Liver failure is known to be a life threatening condition in which there happens to be a severe weakening of the liver. The liver is known to be a vital organ wit
Vitamin D : Overview Vitamin D is a vitamin which can be easily found in a few foods such as fishes (Tuna, Sardines, Mackerels and Herring) as well as in dairy products, juices as well as
Iron: Iron is one of the most integral minerals required by the body. Infants, teenage girls and pregnant women are most prone to suffer from Iron deficiency. Due to the deficiency of Iro
Potassium: Potassium and the growth and maintenance of body go hand in hand. This mineral has emerged to be one of the most vital one in order to maintain the water balance of the c
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Eating rice won't make you fat
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects