Healthy Superfoods you will love!
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 19 September 2014 - 12:49 pm IST
Welcome autumn! The seasons of mist and fruitful mellowness! However, fall has something more which it has got to offer to you. It brings along with a list of super foods which not only are going to boost your immunity but are going to be of a savoury taste as well. So, take a look at our best picks for you this season:
- Apples: An apple a day, keeps the doctor at bay! Make sure that you pick some fresh apples this fall and consume them with their skin intact. Apples not only contain flavonoids, which are super beneficial for your heart, but also contain antioxidants and 4 grams of fibres per serving! So, pick up those luscious apples and have them to your heart’s fill!
- Pears: Both sweet and succulent, pears are the favourite fruit of everyone! They can be cooked, baked, poached or eaten raw. The major health benefits that pears have to offer are a great serving of Vitamin C and Copper along with 4 grams of fibre per serving!
- Turnips: Turnips, with their earthly flavour, are a popular dish all over the world. They can be added with other vegetables and can be cooked in a soup form and can be consumed. Turnips are a great source of Vitamin C and fibre and should be included in your fall grocery list!
- Cauliflowers: Offering a sweet, yet nutty flavour, cauliflowers are an amazing addition to your palate this winter. They can be mashed with potatoes or can be added to your soups. Rich in compounds which are known to prevent cancers, cauliflowers are also known to contain phytonutrients which are known to lower the levels of cholesterol and are an excellent source of Vitamin C.
- Pumpkins: Though similar to squash, pumpkins can be also used in order to make pies, puddings and cakes. They are now even a constituent of lattes. Pumpkins are a rich source of potassium and are known to cover about 20% of your daily requirement of fibres. They are loaded with Vitamin B and can be added into your diet to provide you a sweet deal!
- Sweet Potatoes: Sweet Potatoes can be easily roasted as it helps to retain the amount of vitamins. These winter delights are a great source of Vitamin A as well as iron. Also, they are known to contain anti inflammatory benefits which can come in quite handy during the winter season!
- Pomegranate: Though infamous due to their sweet and sour taste, this fruit is a powerhouse of antioxidants! Its juice can be used in order to marinate food and its seeds can be easily used in salads. Pomegranate juice is known to have higher antioxidant contents as compared to red wine. Also, it is a great source of Vitamin C and Folate.
- Dates: This desert fruit can be easily incorporated into your desserts or could be stuffed into your pies. It is known to be very low in fat and is a good source of fibre and potassium.
- Kiwis: In order to add a tropical tinge to your food with a sweet taste, Kiwis can be used! Not only do they contain a higher amount of Vitamin C as compared to citrus fruits, but they are also a very high source of potassium and copper!
Winters are a great way to welcome a variety of fruits and vegetables which are rich in nutrients and also provide you with a great assortment!
Login to Add Comment
We all desire to have flat toned stomach free flab and love handles. But, only a few of us can boast of having a flat belly. Belly fat is the hardest to lose and it not only has makes one appear fa
Knee Pain : Overview Though often associated with people older in age, knee pain has come out to be a disease which today, is affecting people from all age groups. Knee pain can arise fro
HeartBurn - Overview Heartburn as the name suggests is a burning sensation in the chest that one feels just behind the breastbone sometimes. Heartburn pain is often the one which can get
Cauliflower – Amazing Health Benefits It is a very commonly known fact that the fruits and vegetables which
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
Triple X Syndrome
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
Headaches and Migraines