How To Argue Like A Winner
By Refadoc, Posted on : Monday, 24 November 2014 - 5:48 am IST
Persuasion power plays a major role in any argument. It does not matter if you go in for a face to face confrontation or a subtle way to put forward your point, it is important to keep your spirits up at all times. So, here are a few tips to boost your persuasive powers:
- Stay clear of the bad moods: If the other person is in a bad or an angry mood, chances are that you wont be able to put your point forward in a way you’ve wanted to. It is suggested to be patient and listen in order to find out more about their grievance.
- Get writing: However weird it may sound, it is advised to write down your three main points in advance. During the argument, make sure that you make your points clear to the other person and put them forward in the best way that you can.
- Say no to criticism: Rather than criticising the other person blatantly, it is recommended to raise one point at a time, rather than piling on all the issues.
- Try asking more questions: Rather than stating your own opinion, it is always better to question the other person. Show interest in listening towards the other person and direct the discussion towards the way you want it to go.
- Use Your body language: Your body language is your hidden weapon. Try using unsympathetic body language in a subtle way. Adopt the same stance which is being used by the other person. However, steer clear off their aggressive gestures.
- Discover the other person’s motivation: In most of the cases, the real motivation behind the fight is something very different from the apparent reason. For instance, your friend says that you don’t have time to meet her these days. However, the real reason behind the argument is her jealousy of your new job. It is important to know and understand the real motivation behind the argument in order to save time and to avoid argumentation over the wrong point.
Login to Add Comment
Ulcerative Colitis: Basic Overview Ulcerative Colitis is an IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease) which is known to cause a long lasting inflammation accompanied by ulcers within the digestive
The irony of human nature is that though we know about the things that may be harmful for our body, we cannot resist them. So, knowingly or unknowingly, take a look at our top ‘Worst foods&rs
Has that time come when we are so obsessed with keeping our jobs that we are refusing to leave our desks for it? Are we so busy picking up the back work of our colleagues that we have stopped dream
We conducted a recent survey across many fitness trainers and asked them one simple question: ‘is there any food item which you won’t eat and would recommend your clients to avoid as we
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Headaches and Migraines
Eating rice won't make you fat
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms