How To Argue Like A Winner
By Refadoc, Posted on : Monday, 24 November 2014 - 5:48 am IST
Persuasion power plays a major role in any argument. It does not matter if you go in for a face to face confrontation or a subtle way to put forward your point, it is important to keep your spirits up at all times. So, here are a few tips to boost your persuasive powers:
- Stay clear of the bad moods: If the other person is in a bad or an angry mood, chances are that you wont be able to put your point forward in a way you’ve wanted to. It is suggested to be patient and listen in order to find out more about their grievance.
- Get writing: However weird it may sound, it is advised to write down your three main points in advance. During the argument, make sure that you make your points clear to the other person and put them forward in the best way that you can.
- Say no to criticism: Rather than criticising the other person blatantly, it is recommended to raise one point at a time, rather than piling on all the issues.
- Try asking more questions: Rather than stating your own opinion, it is always better to question the other person. Show interest in listening towards the other person and direct the discussion towards the way you want it to go.
- Use Your body language: Your body language is your hidden weapon. Try using unsympathetic body language in a subtle way. Adopt the same stance which is being used by the other person. However, steer clear off their aggressive gestures.
- Discover the other person’s motivation: In most of the cases, the real motivation behind the fight is something very different from the apparent reason. For instance, your friend says that you don’t have time to meet her these days. However, the real reason behind the argument is her jealousy of your new job. It is important to know and understand the real motivation behind the argument in order to save time and to avoid argumentation over the wrong point.
Login to Add Comment
Steam cooking is the simplest way towards healthy eating and cooking. You may be working out in gyms or dieting your way through life, but if you end up consuming oily and fried f
Iron: Iron is one of the most integral minerals required by the body. Infants, teenage girls and pregnant women are most prone to suffer from Iron deficiency. Due to the deficiency of Iro
A few months ago, my life was going wonderfully well. I had a great job working at one of the biggest multinationals, my salary was a whooping six figure and I had a great educatio
A large number of people all over the world presume that CT Scans, one of the major diagnostic tools available to us, is safe. If you are one of those people, read this: A st
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy