How To Argue Like A Winner
By Refadoc, Posted on : Monday, 24 November 2014 - 5:48 am IST
Persuasion power plays a major role in any argument. It does not matter if you go in for a face to face confrontation or a subtle way to put forward your point, it is important to keep your spirits up at all times. So, here are a few tips to boost your persuasive powers:
- Stay clear of the bad moods: If the other person is in a bad or an angry mood, chances are that you wont be able to put your point forward in a way you’ve wanted to. It is suggested to be patient and listen in order to find out more about their grievance.
- Get writing: However weird it may sound, it is advised to write down your three main points in advance. During the argument, make sure that you make your points clear to the other person and put them forward in the best way that you can.
- Say no to criticism: Rather than criticising the other person blatantly, it is recommended to raise one point at a time, rather than piling on all the issues.
- Try asking more questions: Rather than stating your own opinion, it is always better to question the other person. Show interest in listening towards the other person and direct the discussion towards the way you want it to go.
- Use Your body language: Your body language is your hidden weapon. Try using unsympathetic body language in a subtle way. Adopt the same stance which is being used by the other person. However, steer clear off their aggressive gestures.
- Discover the other person’s motivation: In most of the cases, the real motivation behind the fight is something very different from the apparent reason. For instance, your friend says that you don’t have time to meet her these days. However, the real reason behind the argument is her jealousy of your new job. It is important to know and understand the real motivation behind the argument in order to save time and to avoid argumentation over the wrong point.
Login to Add Comment
Yips : Basic Overview Yips is the occurrence of involuntary wrist spasms which are caused basically in golfers during putting. However, Yips is also known to affect people who play cricke
Wheat Allergy – Basic Overview Wheat Allergy – as is suggestive from the name is an allergic reaction which occurs to foods containing wheat. People suffering from Wheat Aller
These days there are many varied categories of friends – best friends, close friends, casual friends and ex- friends. The rule of an ideal friendship forever has been
Is your kitchen shelf utterly cluttered lately? Have you been wondering about shifting some of the condiments up into your refrigerator to make some space! Good move perhaps, but take note of the t
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits