How To Make A Great First Impression
By Refadoc, Posted on : Monday, 25 August 2014 - 12:39 am IST
Okay, so you are going to meet someone for the first time and are slightly confused as to how to make a striking first impact on them! Impressing someone is not at all difficult, provided that you know the ways to make a special first impact. So, follow these below mentioned tips and you will be good to go!
- Quit the conversational self-absorption: in order to make a good first impression, it is very important to feel indulged in what the other person has to say. No doubt, you should be sharing impressive and important things about yourself, but that should not be the central idea. Make sure to indulge the other person in your conversation and insure that you stay away from bragging. Encourage mutual conversations and respond genuinely to the questions that are being brought up.
- Keeping Anxiousness at Bay: Though it is the first meeting, focus on the other person and what they have to say. Take the pressure lid off and learn to relax. Avoid the usual interrogation, no matter how much you would like to probe. In case you are quite anxious, make sure that you avoid habits such as nail biting and twitching of the legs. Speak slowly and calmly as speaking fast is a sure sign of nervousness.
- Bring ahead a sunny disposition: Being Yourself is the best and the most common advise that people may be offering you, but sometimes, it is best to put on a sunny mood. Being cheerful and getting to know the other person is the best thing that you could be doing.
- Watch the Body Language: When you are meeting a stranger for the first time, your body language may be reflecting what you might not be saying. Focus on making sure that you make a good amount of eye contact. Smile often and watch your posture. Sometimes, the body language can make all the difference in the world.
- Avoid Flattery: There is no doubt in the fact that people love flattery. Though they may suspect that you are flattering, they still like it. However, make sure that you flatter in a judicious way. Flatter the other person for their accomplishments or their achievements, but avoid going over the top with the flattery.
- Get in Sync with yourself: Make sure that your overall personality is in sync. Take care of your posture, voice, words as well as the gestures. People tend to be attracted to people just like they are! So, speak sparingly and reply to what the other person has to speak. Notice good things about the other person and try to ignore some of the things that you do not like at the first instance.
The key to making the best first impression is all within you!
Login to Add Comment
Cataract - Overview Cataract is better known as the clouding with envelops the eye of the patient and thus causes an impairment in the vision of the person. As a person starts to age, the
Type 1 Diabetes - Overview Type 1 Diabetes is also known commonly as Juvenile Diabetes or insulin dependent diabetes. This happens to be a chronic disease which leads the pancreas to prod
Vitamin B5- Pantothenic Acid : Overview Vitamin B5, which is also known as Pantothenic Acid can be easily derived from both plants and animals easily. Meats, grains,
Tendinitis: Basic Information Tendinitis is known to be an inflammation or an irritation around the tendon. Tendons are thick fibrous cords which attach the muscles to the bones. Tendinit
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
Headaches and Migraines
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc