How To Make A Great First Impression
By Refadoc, Posted on : Monday, 25 August 2014 - 12:39 am IST
Okay, so you are going to meet someone for the first time and are slightly confused as to how to make a striking first impact on them! Impressing someone is not at all difficult, provided that you know the ways to make a special first impact. So, follow these below mentioned tips and you will be good to go!
- Quit the conversational self-absorption: in order to make a good first impression, it is very important to feel indulged in what the other person has to say. No doubt, you should be sharing impressive and important things about yourself, but that should not be the central idea. Make sure to indulge the other person in your conversation and insure that you stay away from bragging. Encourage mutual conversations and respond genuinely to the questions that are being brought up.
- Keeping Anxiousness at Bay: Though it is the first meeting, focus on the other person and what they have to say. Take the pressure lid off and learn to relax. Avoid the usual interrogation, no matter how much you would like to probe. In case you are quite anxious, make sure that you avoid habits such as nail biting and twitching of the legs. Speak slowly and calmly as speaking fast is a sure sign of nervousness.
- Bring ahead a sunny disposition: Being Yourself is the best and the most common advise that people may be offering you, but sometimes, it is best to put on a sunny mood. Being cheerful and getting to know the other person is the best thing that you could be doing.
- Watch the Body Language: When you are meeting a stranger for the first time, your body language may be reflecting what you might not be saying. Focus on making sure that you make a good amount of eye contact. Smile often and watch your posture. Sometimes, the body language can make all the difference in the world.
- Avoid Flattery: There is no doubt in the fact that people love flattery. Though they may suspect that you are flattering, they still like it. However, make sure that you flatter in a judicious way. Flatter the other person for their accomplishments or their achievements, but avoid going over the top with the flattery.
- Get in Sync with yourself: Make sure that your overall personality is in sync. Take care of your posture, voice, words as well as the gestures. People tend to be attracted to people just like they are! So, speak sparingly and reply to what the other person has to speak. Notice good things about the other person and try to ignore some of the things that you do not like at the first instance.
The key to making the best first impression is all within you!
Login to Add Comment
Aging is something unavoidable. It comes with time and overcomes the entire body. Its symptoms are prevalent all over the body and gradually affect various systems. All these symptoms develop gradu
Discontinuing the Habit: Bed Wetting: There have been instances of children growing up to the age of seven and more, and still indulging in bed wetting. Parents are plagued and children a
Being fashionable is great for a casual evening cocktail party, but it does not work in the corporate life! If you are going to be late every morning for work, your boss is surely
No one ever said that an egg a day, keeps the doctor at bay. However, latest research has clearly demonstrated that eating an egg every day does not raise your risk of contracting heart disease amo
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc