How To Make A Great First Impression
By Refadoc, Posted on : Monday, 25 August 2014 - 12:39 am IST
Okay, so you are going to meet someone for the first time and are slightly confused as to how to make a striking first impact on them! Impressing someone is not at all difficult, provided that you know the ways to make a special first impact. So, follow these below mentioned tips and you will be good to go!
- Quit the conversational self-absorption: in order to make a good first impression, it is very important to feel indulged in what the other person has to say. No doubt, you should be sharing impressive and important things about yourself, but that should not be the central idea. Make sure to indulge the other person in your conversation and insure that you stay away from bragging. Encourage mutual conversations and respond genuinely to the questions that are being brought up.
- Keeping Anxiousness at Bay: Though it is the first meeting, focus on the other person and what they have to say. Take the pressure lid off and learn to relax. Avoid the usual interrogation, no matter how much you would like to probe. In case you are quite anxious, make sure that you avoid habits such as nail biting and twitching of the legs. Speak slowly and calmly as speaking fast is a sure sign of nervousness.
- Bring ahead a sunny disposition: Being Yourself is the best and the most common advise that people may be offering you, but sometimes, it is best to put on a sunny mood. Being cheerful and getting to know the other person is the best thing that you could be doing.
- Watch the Body Language: When you are meeting a stranger for the first time, your body language may be reflecting what you might not be saying. Focus on making sure that you make a good amount of eye contact. Smile often and watch your posture. Sometimes, the body language can make all the difference in the world.
- Avoid Flattery: There is no doubt in the fact that people love flattery. Though they may suspect that you are flattering, they still like it. However, make sure that you flatter in a judicious way. Flatter the other person for their accomplishments or their achievements, but avoid going over the top with the flattery.
- Get in Sync with yourself: Make sure that your overall personality is in sync. Take care of your posture, voice, words as well as the gestures. People tend to be attracted to people just like they are! So, speak sparingly and reply to what the other person has to speak. Notice good things about the other person and try to ignore some of the things that you do not like at the first instance.
The key to making the best first impression is all within you!
Login to Add Comment
Everyone desires to have fair, smooth and dewy complexion. But, dust, dirt and pollution make skin dull and lifeless. The scorching summer sun also tans skin and makes one look darker. But, there a
As seasons change, it becomes very common to see people fighting allergies. It has been noted that one out of three people fight allergies once the weather changes. These allergies may vary from mi
Insomnia is very common condition which affects so many people all over the world. A lot of people are frustrated with the lack of sleep. Around 10% people all over the world have
This one is for the ladies! Have you been waiting to jump back into the game and want to know the rules by which the world is playing by? Take a look at some of our best dating tips which are going
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Headaches and Migraines
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll