Initial Signs and Symptoms of Alzheimer Disease
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 29 November 2016 - 5:20 pm IST
A large number of people all over the world suffer from this problem and the initial signs of it trigger from minor problems with one’s memory. The most concerning fact about Alzheimer’s is it is a progressive condition. That is the disease affects multiple brain functions and thus, the symptoms gradually become more severe in course of time.
The cause and the risk factor
Inspite of striking advancement of medical science, the exact cause behind the medical condition still remains in the dark. However, medical experts have identified certain factors that increase your risk of developing the disease. These include:
- Advancing age
- A family history and
- Suffering from severe head injuries even in the distant past
Latest clinical findings confirm that people who exhibit early signs and symptoms of Alzheimer disease are prone to develop vascular dementia.
Symptoms at an advancing stage of the condition
Over time, as the condition gets its better grip on an individual, more complicated symptoms keep surfacing. These include:
- Being in an acute state of confusion and disorientation
- Repeatedly getting lost in familiar places
- Difficulty in planning as well as in decision making
- Difficulties with one’s speech and language
- Undergoing a thorough personality change, turning into more aggressive, demanding and suspicious
- Randomly suffering from hallucinations and delusions
- Suffering from anxiety
People who are more prone to the disease
According to clinical findings, people above the age of 65 are more prone to this condition. As such, the disease affects a slightly large number of women as compared to men. According to statistics, 1 out of every 14 people above the age of 65 is likely to develop the condition. Whereas, 1 out of 6 people above the age of 80 are susceptible to it. However, Alzheimer cases are reported from people in their 40s as well.
In most cases, diagnosis of the treatment takes a long time. This happens because the disease gets the better of an individual at a slow pace. As soon as you start experiencing small slips in your memory, it is better to visit your General Practitioner. Timely diagnosis of the condition helps a patient to be better prepared for the future.
Here are some common ways to prevent Alzheimer's disease. In case, if you come across any of the following difficulties, you should take things seriously and seek medical help immediately.
- Suddenly developing difficulties with familiar tasks like operating with the TV remote or the microwave
- Performing repetitive behaviors
- Decrease in one’s fine motor skills, like writing neatly, buttoning the shirt, tying the shoe lace, or threading a needle
- Getting lost and wandering about in one’s familiar place
If the right treatment is provided on time, patients suffering from the condition go through lesser sufferings. Refadoc is the perfect online directory that can get you connected to competent doctors for treating Alzheimer cases.
Login to Add Comment
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Eating rice won't make you fat
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
Headaches and Migraines
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka