Keeping Stress At Bay With Stress Management
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 11 July 2014 - 4:22 pm IST
Keeping Stress at Bay With Stress Management
Stress is a very common syndrome that every one of us feels at one phase of our lives or the other. Stress usually happens when we handle something which is more than we are used to on an everyday basis. When people feel stressed, the body responds back in return as if we are caught up in a dangerous situation. When caught under a stressful condition, the hormone secretion increases, the heart beat increases and thus, the body generates a great amount of energy. This is often known as the fight and the flight situation in an everyday life.
Stress can be even helpful and useful for people. However, in case the stress happens for a longer duration of time, it can come out to have bad effects. Stress has often been linked to situations such as headaches, stomach pains, back pains and even trouble sleeping. Stress can come out to weaken the immune system of the body. In case a person is already suffering from a tense situation, then stress can come out to worsen the condition of the patient. The work life, interpersonal relationships as well as school life of people can suffer to a great extent.
How Can You Handle Stress?
However, despite the above mentioned scenario, stress can easily be managed. In order to get stress under control, the following steps can be taken:
- Find out the root cause of the reason for your stress
- Look out for the ways that can be used in order to decrease the amount of stress
- Learn out better and healthy ways for relieving the stress as well as remove its harmful effects.
Measurement of the Stressful Levels:
Sometimes, people are often able to figure out the real cause of their stress. Stress can be attributed towards a major change in the lifestyle of people or the loss of someone who is dear to someone. However, it is very important for people to find out what is the real cause of their stress. Every single person feels differently from the other person while coping up with a stressful situation. Tracking of stress can help the patients to keep a tab on their stress management. When patients keep a tab on their stress, they are able to keep a note as to why they reacted towards a situation with a particular way. Some of the below mentioned steps can be undertaken in order to keep the stress at bay:
- You need to learn new ways in order to keep a tab over your time management. In case you do that, then you can make a better schedule of your daily activities and keep those things in priority which mean a lot to you.
- Look for better ways to cope up with your stress. Look at the ways with which you have been dealing with stress in the past. Appreciate what can work out and what can’t.
- Make sure that you take good care of yourself under all situations. Make sure that you take plenty of rest and quit smoking.
- Alcohol consumption should be kept at bay
- Try out some new ways of thinking. In case you worry about the small things, then ensure that you can change that way of thinking.
- Speak up and try to open up your views and opinions. Talk about the needs that you have and voice your opinions. Getting a good communication going can go out and help you to feel and act in a thoughtful way.
- Ask for help when you need it. It has been known that people who have a strong network of family and friends can cope better with stress as compared to their counterparts.
Sometimes, it can be felt that people find it’s too hard to deal with stress on their own. Therefore, talking to someone that you trust can really help you out.
How Can You Get Rid of Stress
People always find it better when they can find a way to get the stress out of their system. The best possible ways to get rid of stress are different for different people all over the way. Some of the best ideas are as follows:
- Regular Exercise: Getting a regular exercise is the best possible way to get rid of and manage success. Sometimes, walking too is great for distressing oneself.
- Writing: Writing about the things that bother one is one of the most amazing ways too.
- Talking things out: Talking out things, laughing, crying etc are great ways to de- stressing one’s system.
- Learn to relax: Some of the best possible ways to stress is by taking in breathing exercises as well as muscle relaxation exercises, such as massage, aromatherapy are great ways to de- stress.
- Focus: getting the focus right is the best way. Trying meditation as well as imagery exercises and self hypnosis are the best ways to deal with stress. Listening to music too can come out to help people to cope with success. Laughing is the best possible way to laugh the stress of life.
Stress can easily be managed by people by adopting a different approach towards life as well as taking a whole new viewpoint towards life!
Login to Add Comment
Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS) - Overview Restless Leg Syndrome, also known as RLS is known to be a common reason for the occurrence of pain in the legs. With the syndrome,
Sleep Apnea - Overview Sleep Apnea has emerged out to be one of the most potential sleep disorders in which the breathing tends to stop and start intermittently. People who either snore l
Osteoarthritis: Basic Overview Osteoarthritis is one of the most common forms of arthritis which affects millions of people all over the world. This condition occurs when the protective c
Periods are no fun when they strike every month. Not only do they come with annoying symptoms, but also make you wolf down any food which you can spot nearby. Here are some of the best foods which
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health