By Refadoc, Posted on : Monday, 12 January 2015 - 10:49 pm IST
Lettuce has often been termed as the perfect food for weight loss and a super food! The vegetable comes loaded with health benefits and comprises of a great amount of protein per serving. With different kinds of Lettuce such as the Romaine Lettuce and the Iceberg Lettuce available in the market, people have a wide range of options to choose from!
Health Benefits of Lettuce:
- Low in Calories: Lettuce comes with low calorie content and an almost zero fat content. A Lettuce has only 12 calories as per a shredded cup which makes it excellent for weight loss.
- Helps in the weight loss: As with the above point, Lettuce is a rich source of Fiber and Cellulose. This makes it great for your digestive system and helps you to lose weight fast. Lettuce is also helpful in order to remove the bile salts from your body and helps to break down the accumulated cholesterol from the system.
- Maintains a Healthy Heart: Lettuce is a rich source of Vitamin C and Beta Carotene. These both work together to prevent the oxidation of the cholesterol and prevents the buildup of plaque.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: Lettuce is known to be a rich source of both Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids. And that is a perfect combination for your body!
- Proteins: Lettuce can provide you with almost 20% of your body’s total needed Protein intake.
- Helps with Insomnia: Lettuce contains a white fluid which is known as Lactucarium. This fluid has relaxing and sleep inducing properties which come in handy if you are suffering from Insomnia.
- Alkaline Formation: The minerals present in Lettuce are known to remove the toxins from the bloodstream and are known to keep your alkaline levels in check. These minerals are also known to help provide your body with a greater energy and clearer thinking process.
- Lower Glycemic Index: Lettuce has a lower Glycemic Index of about 15 and its Glycemic Load is even lesser at zero! This makes it perfect for the regulation of the blood sugar and weight management.
- Tastes Great: Lastly, the vegetable comes with a sweet taste which makes it one of the most liked vegetables all over the world. Lettuce is one of the few foods which is found organically and prewashed and tastes much better than the others!
Login to Add Comment
Bulimia Nervosa - Overview Bulimia Nervosa, which is also known as Bulimia, is a very serious and life threatening eating disorder. Though this disease cannot be diagnosed on the basis of
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) : Overview Riboflavin is a sub type of B Vitamin. Riboflavin is found in milk, meats, eggs, nuts as well as green vegetables. Used along with a combination of othe
Asparagus Asparagus are considered to be the exotic delicacy of the vegetable world. This unique vegetable is famous for its strong savory taste. There are many different v
Olives Olives, not only do they taste amazing when served with cocktails, but they also have a large number of health benefits. Health benefits of Olives
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
Eating rice won't make you fat
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Headaches and Migraines
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar