Maintain, Don't Gain Over the Holidays
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 16 December 2014 - 5:57 am IST
Its winter season and Christmas is almost knocking at our doors. Holidays don’t only bring along blissful holiday cheer but also is the time for big meals, the customary holiday sweets and beverages. Many people gain weight over the holidays which they find hard to lose later on. However, with the help of the following tips, you don’t have to gain those extra kilos without compromising the joys of the festive season.
- Check what’s on your plate: Keeping a tab on what you have on your plate matters the most. Make sure that you cut down your calories by 100-200 during your breakfast and your lunch. Ensure that you add two teaspoons of chia seeds to your iced tea or your juice before you take them. Take a small plate and try not to refill it. Also, try skipping your evening meal and treat a cocktail party like a dinner party instead.
- Navigate through the party like a pro: Survey the food that is available and try choosing the ones which are healthy and low on the calories as compared to the ones which look more delicious. Don’t wait until the final week of December in order to keep a tab on your weight. We definitely want you to enjoy your holidays, without that affecting your weight.
- Never arrive to a party hungry: Instead, plan before you face the temptation known as food. Never go to a party starving. Make sure that you have a nutritious snack before you leave. If you do arrive starving, try drinking some water in order to fill up before you take on the food challenge.
- Pace your appetite: Pacing your appetite is very crucial. Adopt a strategy and work according to that. For instance, some people have a principle of eating only during the first half of the party. Chewing more slowly is going to fill you up with less food. Eat at your very own leisurely pace and exercise some control.
- Limit Your Alcohol Intake: Avoid consuming too much alcohol at the parties. Alcohol not only adds to your calorie intake but also helps you to lose control over what you eat. If you feel like losing control over your drink intake, try sipping some water or club soda instead.
- Choose Your Own Sweets: Be very choosy and selective when it comes to desserts. Limit yourself to consume only small portions of what you like. Sample every dessert before you choose one. Many people tend to eat one bite and stop. However, most people cannot exercise that kind of control. If you think that you cannot stop after a bite, go for smaller portions of a single dessert instead of piling up your plate with the different treats that you intend to try.
- Walk it off: In the end, walking does the trick! Make walking your holiday tradition. Not only does it help to burn off the extra calories, but it tends to take you away from the food for a while. Get off that couch and get moving. You can either go solo or can make walking with your family a new regimen. Walking is not only going to benefit you physically, but is also going to put your mindset into a more careful perspective about what you eat.
The true spirit of holidays is to spend some quality time with the ones you love and to cherish that for a lifetime.
Login to Add Comment
If you have a little more weight and a hanging tummy but are looking forward to gain those wonderfully looking abs, then do not despair! Here is a list of ten fibre rich foods whic
India has been crowned as the Diabetes capital of the world. Therefore, take a look at the ways in order to reduce the toll of the disease, which can shorten your life span by almost 15 years. Here
Pets can be difficult to handle. They can be often fussy about their food. So, here are some of the most common pet foods which are being debunked. Preparing their food yours
One of the recent researches have been able to find that for people of age 70 and above, who struggle with a chronic illness, loneliness can often be a complicating factor. Researchers looked at 12
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Headaches and Migraines