Major Symptoms of Stroke
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 04 February 2015 - 1:23 pm IST
Stroke is a condition which is caused due to the clot or the bleeding inside the brain. About 80% of the strokes are caused due to the bleeding in the brain (Hemorrhagic stroke).
If the stroke is diagnosed within the first 3-4 hours, with the use of clot busting medications, the condition can be controlled. Here are some of the major symptoms of Stroke which you should be looking out for:
- Trouble with vision or Blurriness: Stroke can often lead to double vision, blurring as well as loss of vision in one eye. Around 44% people all over the world experience this symptom.
- Difficulty speaking or confusion: Stroke can often impair the ability of the person to express you or understand the speech. Repeating the phrase or slurring of the words can lead to an inability of the person to speak.
- Weakness of the arms or the legs: If you are suffering from a stroke, it is common for an arm or a leg to feel weak or numb. Often the affected limb is opposite from the one where the stroke has affected the brain.
- Dizziness or Loss of Balance: Dizziness, Nausea as well as trouble while walking are some of the major symptoms of a stroke. Patients can often confuse the symptoms of a stroke with other conditions. Sometimes a sudden sense of dizziness can be attributed to another vital syndrome other than stroke.
- Pain: Pain is not a typical syndrome of stroke. If you experience a sudden pain in the arm, leg, on one side of the face or the chest, it should not be brushed off. Around 62% people who suffered from Stroke have experienced pain in either one part of their body or the other.
- Severe Headaches: Severe Headaches are one of the most common symptoms of headaches. Adults suffering from stroke like symptoms are said to be suffering from migraines. It is important to get a MRI done in order to affirm the symptoms of the condition.
- Fatigue or Mental Changes: One of the recent studies has suggested that women are more prone to suffer from stroke as compared to men. They often suffer from weakness, fatigue, disorientation as well as change in the overall mental status.
- Hiccups: Usually, Hiccups are often thought to be a normal nuisance. However, when the stroke affects the breathing centre of the brain, it can often trigger a sudden case of hiccups.
Login to Add Comment
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Headaches and Migraines
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin