By Refadoc, Posted on : Monday, 12 January 2015 - 10:33 pm IST
Mango Fruit : Overview
Mango is one fruit that is so tasty often termed as ‘The King of Fruits’ that people often forget about its benefits. Mango's are one of the richest source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Minerals like Calcium,Phosphors, Potassium.
Health Benefits of Mango:
- Prevents Cancer: Mango is a rich source of antioxidant compounds which are known to protect against colon, breast, leukemia as well as prostate cancer. The fruit contains compounds such as Quercetin, Isoquercitrin, Astragalin, Fisetin, Gallic Acid as well as Methylgallat which are known to work against fighting cancer cells.
- Lowers the blood cholesterol: Mango is a rich source of Fiber, Pectin and Vitamin C which helps to lower the level of Blood Cholesterol and LDL.
- Clears the skin: Mango can both be eaten and can be used topically in order to clear the clogged pores or to get rid of the pimples.
- Good for the eyes: Mango is known to supply around 25% of the body’s daily requirement of Vitamin A. This makes the fruit great for the eyesight and prevents night blindness.
- Alkalizes the entire body: Mango is a rich source of Malic Acid, Tartaric Acid as well as a little Citric Acid which helps to maintain the alkaline levels of the body.
- Diabetic Control: Mango is known to normalize the levels of insulin in the bloodstream. Boiling a mango, soaking it in the night and then consuming it’s decoction in the morning is very helpful for Diabetic patients.
- Improves the sexual drive: Mango is a brilliant source of Vitamin E which helps to boost up your sex drive and libido and make you better in bed.
- Improves Digestion: Mangoes contain the enzymes which are known to help in the breakdown of the proteins. The fiber present in Mangoes is also known to help with the digestion and elimination.
- Fights Heat Stroke: The juice from a Green Mango is known to protect the body from Heat Stroke.
- Boosts the Immune System: Mango contains a good amount of Vitamin C and A. It also contains of Carotenoids which are known to help the immune system get better and stronger than before.
Login to Add Comment
Around 50 million people all over the world suffer from auto Immune diseases. An autoimmune disease is the one which develops when the immune system of the body, which is responsible for de
Yes, offices can be tiresome and boring at times. Sometimes, all you want to do is sit down at your desk and munch along on that bag of chips. Other times, coffee seems like you new best friend. Li
Right from the farms to our fork, humans tend to waste around 40% of the food. In addition to our economical to our ethical ramifications, this predisposed wastage of food is known to affect our en
Though exercises are known to increase the blood supply to your muscles as well as your scalp, certain dietary changes are known to work wonders to make sure that you have breathtakingly beautiful
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health