By Refadoc, Posted on : Monday, 12 January 2015 - 10:33 pm IST
Mango Fruit : Overview
Mango is one fruit that is so tasty often termed as ‘The King of Fruits’ that people often forget about its benefits. Mango's are one of the richest source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Minerals like Calcium,Phosphors, Potassium.
Health Benefits of Mango:
- Prevents Cancer: Mango is a rich source of antioxidant compounds which are known to protect against colon, breast, leukemia as well as prostate cancer. The fruit contains compounds such as Quercetin, Isoquercitrin, Astragalin, Fisetin, Gallic Acid as well as Methylgallat which are known to work against fighting cancer cells.
- Lowers the blood cholesterol: Mango is a rich source of Fiber, Pectin and Vitamin C which helps to lower the level of Blood Cholesterol and LDL.
- Clears the skin: Mango can both be eaten and can be used topically in order to clear the clogged pores or to get rid of the pimples.
- Good for the eyes: Mango is known to supply around 25% of the body’s daily requirement of Vitamin A. This makes the fruit great for the eyesight and prevents night blindness.
- Alkalizes the entire body: Mango is a rich source of Malic Acid, Tartaric Acid as well as a little Citric Acid which helps to maintain the alkaline levels of the body.
- Diabetic Control: Mango is known to normalize the levels of insulin in the bloodstream. Boiling a mango, soaking it in the night and then consuming it’s decoction in the morning is very helpful for Diabetic patients.
- Improves the sexual drive: Mango is a brilliant source of Vitamin E which helps to boost up your sex drive and libido and make you better in bed.
- Improves Digestion: Mangoes contain the enzymes which are known to help in the breakdown of the proteins. The fiber present in Mangoes is also known to help with the digestion and elimination.
- Fights Heat Stroke: The juice from a Green Mango is known to protect the body from Heat Stroke.
- Boosts the Immune System: Mango contains a good amount of Vitamin C and A. It also contains of Carotenoids which are known to help the immune system get better and stronger than before.
Login to Add Comment
Night time is the ideal time to go to sleep or snuggle in and watch movies with a huge bowl of popcorn. However, what if I tell you that there are some tips with which you can de b
The stats and recent studies conducted by universities all over the world conclude that the basic reason for the occurrence of ulcers in the small intestine and the stomach could be the impending s
Calcium: Calcium is known to be one of the most essential minerals required by humans. It is known to ease insomnia and thus helps to regulate the movement of the nutrients throughout the
Bananas: The world’s First Fruit Bananas have emerged to be one of the most widely consumed fruits all around the world. This fruit not only is packed with nutrients,
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Headaches and Migraines
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
Eating rice won't make you fat