By Refadoc, Posted on : Monday, 12 January 2015 - 10:33 pm IST
Mango Fruit : Overview
Mango is one fruit that is so tasty often termed as ‘The King of Fruits’ that people often forget about its benefits. Mango's are one of the richest source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Minerals like Calcium,Phosphors, Potassium.
Health Benefits of Mango:
- Prevents Cancer: Mango is a rich source of antioxidant compounds which are known to protect against colon, breast, leukemia as well as prostate cancer. The fruit contains compounds such as Quercetin, Isoquercitrin, Astragalin, Fisetin, Gallic Acid as well as Methylgallat which are known to work against fighting cancer cells.
- Lowers the blood cholesterol: Mango is a rich source of Fiber, Pectin and Vitamin C which helps to lower the level of Blood Cholesterol and LDL.
- Clears the skin: Mango can both be eaten and can be used topically in order to clear the clogged pores or to get rid of the pimples.
- Good for the eyes: Mango is known to supply around 25% of the body’s daily requirement of Vitamin A. This makes the fruit great for the eyesight and prevents night blindness.
- Alkalizes the entire body: Mango is a rich source of Malic Acid, Tartaric Acid as well as a little Citric Acid which helps to maintain the alkaline levels of the body.
- Diabetic Control: Mango is known to normalize the levels of insulin in the bloodstream. Boiling a mango, soaking it in the night and then consuming it’s decoction in the morning is very helpful for Diabetic patients.
- Improves the sexual drive: Mango is a brilliant source of Vitamin E which helps to boost up your sex drive and libido and make you better in bed.
- Improves Digestion: Mangoes contain the enzymes which are known to help in the breakdown of the proteins. The fiber present in Mangoes is also known to help with the digestion and elimination.
- Fights Heat Stroke: The juice from a Green Mango is known to protect the body from Heat Stroke.
- Boosts the Immune System: Mango contains a good amount of Vitamin C and A. It also contains of Carotenoids which are known to help the immune system get better and stronger than before.
Login to Add Comment
Steam cooking is the simplest way towards healthy eating and cooking. You may be working out in gyms or dieting your way through life, but if you end up consuming oily and fried f
Bulimia Nervosa - Overview Bulimia Nervosa, which is also known as Bulimia, is a very serious and life threatening eating disorder. Though this disease cannot be diagnosed on the basis of
Vertigo and Dizziness - Overview Vertigo and Dizziness are known to occur when there is a conflict between the signals that are sent to the brain by the balance as well as the position se
Vitamin B3- Niacin : Overview Vitamin B3 which is commonly known as Niacin is required by the body for the maintenance of one’s general health. It is known to improve cholesterol le
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
Headaches and Migraines
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka