Medicinal Herbs and their Uses
By Refadoc, Posted on : Monday, 21 December 2015 - 9:57 am IST
Medicinal Herbs and their Common Uses
A lot of foods that we consume on an everyday basis are for the maintenance of our good health. However, one of the few complaints that we hear every day is that the healthy food does not taste good enough. Here comes, the herbs and spices. These are better known as the providers of the aromatic flavourings to our food. However, these tend to add flavour and aroma without adding any additional fats and calories to our diet regimen.
However, these herbs and spices are also known to secretly provide our bodies with a lot of additional health benefits that are little known to us. These health benefits range from increasing the life of the person to fighting pains and chronic illnesses. Here is a list of some of the health benefits of herbs:
- Black Tea leaves: These are the herbs which are best known to reduce the risks that come with the heart problems. A few cups of black tea every day is a good amount that is needed in order to keep heart diseases at bay.
- Mints: These are known to be a very powerful cure for stomach-aches and can also be used effectively as a relaxation herb and a diuretic. The best possible way to take this herb is to ingest it as a whole.
- Parsley: This herb is full of vitamins and has come out to be very specific in treating bad breath. This herb has a very high amount of chlorophyll and thus is a great option to treat bad breath. It is recommended to consume them in the food directly and drink them blended in a smoothie.
- Ginger: Ginger has been known to treat nausea and motion sickness easily. Chewing on the ginger stick is known to help with the treatment of nausea. Also, it should be taken with tea and candies.
- Ginseng: Ginseng has proved to be very helpful in fighting with fatigue. It is generally consumed with energy drinks or in a capsule form. Ginseng tea has proved to be very helpful in order to deal with fatigue.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is known to control blood sugar levels of a person. People who are suffering from Type II Diabetes are the ones which are benefitted the most from Cinnamon. It is consumed greatly along with a variety of food and beverages. In order to take it in a higher concentration, it can also be purchased over the top.
- Sage: This herb is known to have a faint and very pleasing smell. Memory recall is one of the major benefits of Sage consumption. Also, people dealing with a mild form of Alzheimer’s disease too have been known to be benefitted with Sage. It can be taken in the form of capsules or liquid form.
- Fennel Seeds: Though they are easily available, they are known to treat bloating as well as constipation in patients. Fennel is consumed in both a capsule form as well as accompanied by tea.
- Rosemary: Rosemary as a herb is exceedingly used all over the world as a memory enhancer. Used in some of the aromatherapy products as well as essential oils.
These herbs and spices which are easily available in our own kitchens can be used to treat a large amount of disease and improve the quality of our everyday life! Therefore, their regular consumption should be encouraged.
Login to Add Comment
Going green and vegetarian is the latest trend! Not only does it include reducing the meat intake, but also helps to benefit your entire system. There are drastic changes such as t
In order to write for her new book on common colds, the writer Jennifer Ackerman offered her nose for some random experimentation. She allowed herself to be sprayed with Rhinovirus, one of the 200
Kiwis make wonderful fruits as they are rich in taste and nutritional value. However, check out the five major reasons why you should be making Kiwi as a part of your everyday diet r
Cauliflower – Amazing Health Benefits It is a very commonly known fact that the fruits and vegetables which
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
Headaches and Migraines
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy