Medicinal Herbs and their Uses
By Refadoc, Posted on : Monday, 21 December 2015 - 9:57 am IST
Medicinal Herbs and their Common Uses
A lot of foods that we consume on an everyday basis are for the maintenance of our good health. However, one of the few complaints that we hear every day is that the healthy food does not taste good enough. Here comes, the herbs and spices. These are better known as the providers of the aromatic flavourings to our food. However, these tend to add flavour and aroma without adding any additional fats and calories to our diet regimen.
However, these herbs and spices are also known to secretly provide our bodies with a lot of additional health benefits that are little known to us. These health benefits range from increasing the life of the person to fighting pains and chronic illnesses. Here is a list of some of the health benefits of herbs:
- Black Tea leaves: These are the herbs which are best known to reduce the risks that come with the heart problems. A few cups of black tea every day is a good amount that is needed in order to keep heart diseases at bay.
- Mints: These are known to be a very powerful cure for stomach-aches and can also be used effectively as a relaxation herb and a diuretic. The best possible way to take this herb is to ingest it as a whole.
- Parsley: This herb is full of vitamins and has come out to be very specific in treating bad breath. This herb has a very high amount of chlorophyll and thus is a great option to treat bad breath. It is recommended to consume them in the food directly and drink them blended in a smoothie.
- Ginger: Ginger has been known to treat nausea and motion sickness easily. Chewing on the ginger stick is known to help with the treatment of nausea. Also, it should be taken with tea and candies.
- Ginseng: Ginseng has proved to be very helpful in fighting with fatigue. It is generally consumed with energy drinks or in a capsule form. Ginseng tea has proved to be very helpful in order to deal with fatigue.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is known to control blood sugar levels of a person. People who are suffering from Type II Diabetes are the ones which are benefitted the most from Cinnamon. It is consumed greatly along with a variety of food and beverages. In order to take it in a higher concentration, it can also be purchased over the top.
- Sage: This herb is known to have a faint and very pleasing smell. Memory recall is one of the major benefits of Sage consumption. Also, people dealing with a mild form of Alzheimer’s disease too have been known to be benefitted with Sage. It can be taken in the form of capsules or liquid form.
- Fennel Seeds: Though they are easily available, they are known to treat bloating as well as constipation in patients. Fennel is consumed in both a capsule form as well as accompanied by tea.
- Rosemary: Rosemary as a herb is exceedingly used all over the world as a memory enhancer. Used in some of the aromatherapy products as well as essential oils.
These herbs and spices which are easily available in our own kitchens can be used to treat a large amount of disease and improve the quality of our everyday life! Therefore, their regular consumption should be encouraged.
Login to Add Comment
The problem with alcoholism is that the person who suffers from it cannot see its symptoms. Only the people around him are able to judge that it’s time for an intervention. There is a line be
Discontinuing the Habit: Bed Wetting: There have been instances of children growing up to the age of seven and more, and still indulging in bed wetting. Parents are plagued and children a
A bout of cold is often accompanied by a red nose, puffy eyes and dark circles around the washed out and faded skin. But, here are a few tips in order to look great even when you a
Increasingly people all over the world are putting on spectacles or contact lens in order to correct their vision. However, a lot of them are not aware that there are exercises in place for the cor
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll