More of this, Less of that
By Refadoc, Posted on : Thursday, 04 December 2014 - 10:48 pm IST
Derived from research studies all over the world, here are some additions and subtractions for a healthier lifestyle.
- Whole Wheat Bread: Consuming a diet rich in high fiber food is beneficial for the body. Fiber protects the body not only from heart disease but also from respiratory infections. A research study conducted on more than 40,000 people has proved that people consuming a high fiber rich diet are 22% less likely to die as compared to their counterparts.
- Berries: Eating a rich amount of berries helps to cut down the risk of contracting Parkinson’s disease. Choose from your own pick of berries – Gogi Berries, Raspberries or Blackberries.
- Zinc Rich Foods: Zinc rich diet is known to work against common colds. It has been proved that the duration of cold can be lessened by two days if a patient starts taking lozenges or syrup within the first 24 hours of the cold. However, the daily dosage of zinc should not exceed more than 160 mg per day.
- Irritation due to Hot Flashes: Though hot flashes can be irritating, a recent study has suggested that hot flashes and accompanying night sweats are a signal of growing heart disease and stroke.
- PSA Score Worries: High levels of PSA (Prostrate Specific Antigens) can be a sure shot sign of Prostate Cancer. A recent study has suggested that rapid rise in the PSA Levels does not always indicate Prostate Cancer.
- Sugared Soft Drinks: Everyone knows that soft drinks are not a good option. They contain oodles of sugar without any nutrition level. Soda is known to raise the blood pressure and give rise to heart related conditions.
Login to Add Comment
Anorexia Nervosa - Overview It has emerged out to be one of the biggest human weaknesses; we wish to want to be someone that we are not. We seek towards looking a tad bit different than w
Battling and Living With Parkinson’s Disease Parkinson’s disease is well known to be a progressive disorder which directly impairs the functioning of the Nerv
Whiplash – Basic Overview Whiplash is a kind of neck injury which generally occurs during the rear end automobile collisions. This injury occurs when the head of the affected person
Take a look at our best ways to make your journey a little less bumpy. Plan out your trip: If you are a traveler who keeps on missing our travel connections, take a
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Triple X Syndrome
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair