More of this, Less of that
By Refadoc, Posted on : Thursday, 04 December 2014 - 10:48 pm IST
Derived from research studies all over the world, here are some additions and subtractions for a healthier lifestyle.
- Whole Wheat Bread: Consuming a diet rich in high fiber food is beneficial for the body. Fiber protects the body not only from heart disease but also from respiratory infections. A research study conducted on more than 40,000 people has proved that people consuming a high fiber rich diet are 22% less likely to die as compared to their counterparts.
- Berries: Eating a rich amount of berries helps to cut down the risk of contracting Parkinson’s disease. Choose from your own pick of berries – Gogi Berries, Raspberries or Blackberries.
- Zinc Rich Foods: Zinc rich diet is known to work against common colds. It has been proved that the duration of cold can be lessened by two days if a patient starts taking lozenges or syrup within the first 24 hours of the cold. However, the daily dosage of zinc should not exceed more than 160 mg per day.
- Irritation due to Hot Flashes: Though hot flashes can be irritating, a recent study has suggested that hot flashes and accompanying night sweats are a signal of growing heart disease and stroke.
- PSA Score Worries: High levels of PSA (Prostrate Specific Antigens) can be a sure shot sign of Prostate Cancer. A recent study has suggested that rapid rise in the PSA Levels does not always indicate Prostate Cancer.
- Sugared Soft Drinks: Everyone knows that soft drinks are not a good option. They contain oodles of sugar without any nutrition level. Soda is known to raise the blood pressure and give rise to heart related conditions.
Login to Add Comment
Aging is considered to be a natural process by everyone. It’s a phenomenon which has to happen, irrespective of whatever measures we may consider in order to avoid it. Though it cannot be avo
Some people decide to make healthy living their lifelong goal. However, it’s not about the time that you devote to your diet plan; it’s the way in which you start and f
“Congratulations! You are pregnant!” Hearing these words can change the life of a woman upside down. Though this change is good, women are often perplexed during their first pregnancy.
A recent medical research has indicated that a lifetime of improper walking can result in Osteoarthritis. So, if you know that your gait can do you harm, here are some of the best ways to fix your
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
Triple X Syndrome
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
Headaches and Migraines
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads