Napping Like a Pregnant Pro!
By Refadoc, Posted on : Monday, 09 March 2015 - 11:46 am IST
Bed rest during the final weeks of the pregnancy can be hard for the mother to be, both emotionally as well as physically.
There are many challenges which stand in the way of a pregnant woman to gain a good night’s sleep. Spending weeks and months in the bed can cause a lot of havoc on your natural sleeping and waking up cycle. Here are some basic and simple steps in order to keep your body rhythm on the right track during the course of your pregnancy.
- Maintaining a normal day and night routine: Though you will be spending most of your day in the bed, it is recommended to keep in touch with the normal daytime activities such as taking a shower in the morning or dressing in your daytime clothes.
- Get some sunlight: In case you are able to move, it is recommended to move your chair or your bed close to a window so that you can enjoy the daytime sunlight. It will not only boost your spirits, but also will keep your internal clock on check.
- Creating a daytime schedule: Maintain an everyday daytime routine such as reading the newspaper in the day or to watch a movie. Make sure that you are able to follow your schedule as closely as you can.
- Nap, but not too much: Bed rest is very important for pregnant women. So, go ahead and nap during your daytime. However, fix some scheduled time for it and if you are snoozing late into the day, it would be very hard to sleep during the night time.
- Eat meals at the same time: Having meals at the same time everyday is going to go a long way and make sure that you can keep your body on a schedule. Ask your friends to stop by and to join you for meals from time to time.
Login to Add Comment
“Congratulations! You are pregnant!” Hearing these words can change the life of a woman upside down. Though this change is good, women are often perplexed during their first pregnancy.
Though babies might appeal to you generally, having one in the house could be a lot of hard work. That tiny person would belong to you forever and will be bring along a lot of changes in your life
It is no fun being sick. And especially when you are pregnant, being sick should be the last thing that you should be thinking about. Being sick while you are pregnant does not only affect your hea
Bitter Gourd is considered to be one of the best natural food for pregnant women all over the world. Unlike a lot of misconceptions regarding Bitter Gourd, it is very safe to consume it during the
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin