Natural Ways to Quit Smoking
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 09 December 2014 - 10:16 pm IST
New Year is soon approaching and I am sure that many of you might be resolving to quit smoking. However, it is very difficult to keep up that promise for a long time. Smoking is one of the leading causes of deaths and lung cancer all over the world. There is never a bad time to quit smoking. So, if you resolve to quit smoking, here are a few natural remedies to help you quit this bad habit.
- Oats: Yes, you will be surprised. Oats are very rich in fiber, omega 3 fatty acids, potassium as well as foliate. Including Oats in your everyday diet is going to lower down the level of bad cholesterol in your bloodstream and is going to decrease your chances of developing clogged arteries. Oats are also rich in avenathramides which reduce the levels of stress, strengthen your nervous system and decrease your chances of having a heart attack. Oats are going to aid in quitting smoking as an extract derived from green oats deals with withdrawal symptoms that accompany quitting.
- Cayenne Pepper: Cayenne Pepper is going to ease the craving for a cigarette. It helps to desensitize your respiratory system by decreasing your craving for a cigarette. Taking the spice on an everyday basis is going to benefit you greatly.
- Ginseng: Ginseng has proved to prevent the release of the neurotransmitter Dopamine. Dopamine – the hormone responsible for making people feel better about smoking is a part of your active addiction. Adding a teaspoon of Ginseng to your breakfast can help to decrease your craving for the Cigarette.
- Herbal Cigarettes: These have proved to be a great alternative in order to break the addiction process. Since smokers are quite prone and habitual to reach out for a cigarette out of routine, opting for an Herbal Cigarette seems like a good plan. These cigarettes contain fewer chemicals and carcinogens as compared to the regular ones. They are not addictive and contain zero nicotine. Lime, mint, cinnamon, cloves, lemongrass and licorice are the major ingredients used in order to make these cigarettes.
- Lobelia: This herb has been proved to help people in fighting against the side effects of withdrawal symptoms. Lobeline, the major ingredient of Lobelia is known to trigger same reactions in the body as that of nicotine. It also leads to the secretion of Dopamine, producing similar effects.
- Valerian: Valerian is one of the major herbs which is used to aid people to deal with anxiety, stress as well as insomnia. Valerian is also a muscle relaxant which makes it easy for people to deal with the smoking cessation and insomnia which accompanies it.
So, take the plunge and quit the bad habit once and for all. We are sure that with the help of the above mentioned home remedies you will be able to kick back the habit.
Login to Add Comment
Symptoms of Eating Disorder Do you suspect that your child is suffering from an Eating Disorder? In recent times various studies have confirmed that Bulimia and Anorexia ha
Tuberculosis: Basic Overview Tuberculosis is a serious ailment and infection which affects your lungs. The bacterium which is responsible for causing Tuberculosis spreads from one person
Vitamin D: The Lifesaving Vitamin Low levels of Vitamin D in the body have long been associated with diseases such as osteoporosis, diabetes, hypertension and even cancer.
The irony of human nature is that though we know about the things that may be harmful for our body, we cannot resist them. So, knowingly or unknowingly, take a look at our top ‘Worst foods&rs
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
Headaches and Migraines
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?