Natural Ways to Quit Smoking
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 09 December 2014 - 10:16 pm IST
New Year is soon approaching and I am sure that many of you might be resolving to quit smoking. However, it is very difficult to keep up that promise for a long time. Smoking is one of the leading causes of deaths and lung cancer all over the world. There is never a bad time to quit smoking. So, if you resolve to quit smoking, here are a few natural remedies to help you quit this bad habit.
- Oats: Yes, you will be surprised. Oats are very rich in fiber, omega 3 fatty acids, potassium as well as foliate. Including Oats in your everyday diet is going to lower down the level of bad cholesterol in your bloodstream and is going to decrease your chances of developing clogged arteries. Oats are also rich in avenathramides which reduce the levels of stress, strengthen your nervous system and decrease your chances of having a heart attack. Oats are going to aid in quitting smoking as an extract derived from green oats deals with withdrawal symptoms that accompany quitting.
- Cayenne Pepper: Cayenne Pepper is going to ease the craving for a cigarette. It helps to desensitize your respiratory system by decreasing your craving for a cigarette. Taking the spice on an everyday basis is going to benefit you greatly.
- Ginseng: Ginseng has proved to prevent the release of the neurotransmitter Dopamine. Dopamine – the hormone responsible for making people feel better about smoking is a part of your active addiction. Adding a teaspoon of Ginseng to your breakfast can help to decrease your craving for the Cigarette.
- Herbal Cigarettes: These have proved to be a great alternative in order to break the addiction process. Since smokers are quite prone and habitual to reach out for a cigarette out of routine, opting for an Herbal Cigarette seems like a good plan. These cigarettes contain fewer chemicals and carcinogens as compared to the regular ones. They are not addictive and contain zero nicotine. Lime, mint, cinnamon, cloves, lemongrass and licorice are the major ingredients used in order to make these cigarettes.
- Lobelia: This herb has been proved to help people in fighting against the side effects of withdrawal symptoms. Lobeline, the major ingredient of Lobelia is known to trigger same reactions in the body as that of nicotine. It also leads to the secretion of Dopamine, producing similar effects.
- Valerian: Valerian is one of the major herbs which is used to aid people to deal with anxiety, stress as well as insomnia. Valerian is also a muscle relaxant which makes it easy for people to deal with the smoking cessation and insomnia which accompanies it.
So, take the plunge and quit the bad habit once and for all. We are sure that with the help of the above mentioned home remedies you will be able to kick back the habit.
Login to Add Comment
If you have a little more weight and a hanging tummy but are looking forward to gain those wonderfully looking abs, then do not despair! Here is a list of ten fibre rich foods whic
Amenorrhea: Basic Information Amenorrhea, which is otherwise commonly known as missed periods, is a condition which widely affects women all over the world. This condition is marked by ab
Nail Fungus Infection: Basic Overview Nail Fungus Infection is a very common condition which tends to begin as a white or a yellow spot under the fingernail or the toenail of an affected
You might have seen people around you remark as to how well meditation is treating them and how well they are able to concentrate after meditation. Many beginners find it very hard to start meditat
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects