Nature's Best Sources of Vitamin C
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 21 January 2015 - 3:22 am IST
Vitamin C is one necessary vitamin which is never harmful for your body. However, one of the major misconceptions which surround this Vitamin is that Lemons and Oranges are the richest sources of it. Though it is true that citrus fruits come loaded with Vitamin C, it is a huge misconception that they top the list! Here are some of the best sources of Vitamin C:
- Strawberries: One cup of Strawberries contains 89.4 mg of Vitamin C. Strawberries are also a rich source of Anthocyanins which are known to lower the blood pressure and make your blood vessels even more elastic.
- Green Bell Pepper: One cup of sautéed bell pepper contains around 101.8 mg of the Vitamin! Shocked?
- Red Bell Pepper: One half cup of Red Bell Pepper contains 115 mg of Vitamin C. Ripe; red bell peppers are also known to have twice the amount of the Vitamin as compared to Green Peppers and are also loaded in Vitamin A.
- Oranges: One cup of Orange, unpeeled contains 120.7 mg of Vitamin C. Eating the peel is necessary if you want to load up on the Vitamin.
- Kiwis: One cup of Green Kiwi contains 166.9 mg of Vitamin C. The fruit is also a rich source of antioxidants and helps you to sleep better.
- Black Currants: One cup of Black Currants contains around 203 mg of Vitamin C. Fresh berries are always a great option, but black currant is also an excellent source of Quercetin, an antioxidant which is known to improve the overall heart health.
- Peaches: One cup of Peaches is known to contain around 235 mg of Vitamin C. You can choose from a variety of Peaches – frozen, sliced and sweetened, according to your taste.
- Yellow Bell Peppers: One cup of Yellow Bell Peppers is known to contain around 272 mg of Vitamin C. They are also known to improve the overall immune function of the person, aids in the better communication and protects the skin against overall sun damage. Bell Peppers are also known to diminish the risk of many different kinds of skin cancers.
- Guava: Guava tops our list of the fruits which contain the maximum amount of Vitamin C. One cup of Guava contains 376 mg of Vitamin C, which is four times more than our daily recommended intake. The fruit is also a rich source of Lycopene, which is an antioxidant known to fight against prostate cancer. Guava also contains 688 mg of potassium and 9 grams of fiber per intake. Eating the entire fruit, along with the rind and the seeds is known to make your all jam packed with the essential nutrients.
Login to Add Comment
Liver Failure - Overview Liver failure is known to be a life threatening condition in which there happens to be a severe weakening of the liver. The liver is known to be a vital organ wit
So, you have been dealing with stress lately? Have you been taking those anti depression pills? That is a complete no! Nature holds the keys to the best stress busters which may also appeal to your
Beetroot Beetroot, which is also commonly known as Beet has been gaining popularity all over the world in the past couple of years. The vegetable is known to improve athlet
Blackberries Blackberries are one of the most common forms of Berry which is found all over the world. The fruit contains of small drupelets which are arranged in a circula
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin