Nature's Best Sources of Vitamin C
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 21 January 2015 - 3:22 am IST
Vitamin C is one necessary vitamin which is never harmful for your body. However, one of the major misconceptions which surround this Vitamin is that Lemons and Oranges are the richest sources of it. Though it is true that citrus fruits come loaded with Vitamin C, it is a huge misconception that they top the list! Here are some of the best sources of Vitamin C:
- Strawberries: One cup of Strawberries contains 89.4 mg of Vitamin C. Strawberries are also a rich source of Anthocyanins which are known to lower the blood pressure and make your blood vessels even more elastic.
- Green Bell Pepper: One cup of sautéed bell pepper contains around 101.8 mg of the Vitamin! Shocked?
- Red Bell Pepper: One half cup of Red Bell Pepper contains 115 mg of Vitamin C. Ripe; red bell peppers are also known to have twice the amount of the Vitamin as compared to Green Peppers and are also loaded in Vitamin A.
- Oranges: One cup of Orange, unpeeled contains 120.7 mg of Vitamin C. Eating the peel is necessary if you want to load up on the Vitamin.
- Kiwis: One cup of Green Kiwi contains 166.9 mg of Vitamin C. The fruit is also a rich source of antioxidants and helps you to sleep better.
- Black Currants: One cup of Black Currants contains around 203 mg of Vitamin C. Fresh berries are always a great option, but black currant is also an excellent source of Quercetin, an antioxidant which is known to improve the overall heart health.
- Peaches: One cup of Peaches is known to contain around 235 mg of Vitamin C. You can choose from a variety of Peaches – frozen, sliced and sweetened, according to your taste.
- Yellow Bell Peppers: One cup of Yellow Bell Peppers is known to contain around 272 mg of Vitamin C. They are also known to improve the overall immune function of the person, aids in the better communication and protects the skin against overall sun damage. Bell Peppers are also known to diminish the risk of many different kinds of skin cancers.
- Guava: Guava tops our list of the fruits which contain the maximum amount of Vitamin C. One cup of Guava contains 376 mg of Vitamin C, which is four times more than our daily recommended intake. The fruit is also a rich source of Lycopene, which is an antioxidant known to fight against prostate cancer. Guava also contains 688 mg of potassium and 9 grams of fiber per intake. Eating the entire fruit, along with the rind and the seeds is known to make your all jam packed with the essential nutrients.
Login to Add Comment
Vitamin C - Ascorbic Acid : Overview Vitamin C has been dubbed as one of the most safest and effective nutrients all over the world. Though plants and certain animals have the abilit
Lettuce Overview: Lettuce has often been termed as the perfect food for weight loss and a super food! The vegetable comes loaded with health benefits and comprises of a great amount of pr
Avocado Avocados might be fatty, but that does not mean that they are bad for your health! Did you know that Avocados are a nutritional powerhouse which has numerou
Beetroot Beetroot, which is also commonly known as Beet has been gaining popularity all over the world in the past couple of years. The vegetable is known to improve athlet
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin