Nine Things That Lower Sperm Count
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 05 December 2014 - 10:52 pm IST
Every man is concerned about his sperm count. After all, these sperms determine his chances of having a baby in the near future. Sperm Count can be decreased due to trivial things from excessive drinking, maintaining unhealthy eating habits to something very strange ones like putting on a sunscreen.
So, take a look at our top picks on the things that lower a man’s sperm count.
- Processed Meats: A recent study has found that consuming processed meats such as sausage and bacon is known to harm the sperm quality. On the basis of the study conducted, men who ate processed meats everyday have 5.5% normal shaped sperm cells. However, on the other hand, their counterparts had 7.2% normal shaped sperm cells. Fish, on the other hand are an excellent source to boost sperm production.
- Being a vegan: So, processed meats are not good for you? So, is a vegan diet! Studies have suggested that diet rich in fruit and vegetables is known to harm the sperm fertility. Vegans are known to have lower sperm counts as compared to their counterparts. Vegans also have a less active sperm.
- Overusing the electronic gadgets: Frequent use of cell phones and laptops is known to hamper the production of sperms. The heat given off from the gadgets is known to increase the temperature of the scrotal sac, thereby causing a reduced sperm production. Men who talked for more than four hours on a phone every day, have weaker and fewer sperms.
- Consuming Soy: Consuming excessive soy or edamame is known to be detrimental to the reproductive system. Eating even half a serving of soy everyday is known to hamper the production of sperms. Isoflavones, which are found in soy products, are known to mimic the functioning of the female hormone, estrogen.
- Stressing: Stress is known to be bad for emotional as well as physical health. Therefore, your fertility is at risk if you worry too much! Prolonged stress is known to interfere with the production of testosterone.
- Abstaining from sex: If a guy is suffering from a low sperm count then even abstaining from sex for a single day is known to decrease the production of the sperm even more. Abstaining from sex is known to cause the sperm to change their shape.
- Excessive Drinking: Alcohol is one of the biggest reasons which decrease the production as well as the quality of the sperm. Drinking alcohol is known to reduce the levels of testosterone, leading to decrease in the sperm quality and production. Moderation while drinking is very important!
- Watching TV: The couch is not the best option if you are worried about your sperm count. A recent study has confirmed that men who watch a lot of TV are known to have fewer sperm as compared to men who work and exercise regularly. Couch potatoes are known to have a 44% chance of suffering from lower sperm count.
- Applying Sunscreen: Though it is commendable to apply sunscreen lotion before you head out in the sun, it is also known to impair your fertility. Sunscreen is known to hamper the production of sperm by almost 33%; the skin absorbs the chemicals which filter out the UV rays, interfering with the hormones.
Login to Add Comment
Steam cooking is the simplest way towards healthy eating and cooking. You may be working out in gyms or dieting your way through life, but if you end up consuming oily and fried f
Dark circles under the eyes are one of the biggest problems that women and girls face all over the world. Dark circles take away the freshness of the face of the people and give them a look of pale
Back Pain is a very common complaint all over the world. Almost 72% people all over the world have at least experienced back pain once in their life. This ailment has come to emerge as one of the b
Vulvodynia – Basic Overview Vulvodynia is a chronic condition around the vaginal or the vulvar region. There is no identifiable cause for this condition. This pain is often accompan
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy