Nine Things That Lower Sperm Count
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 05 December 2014 - 10:52 pm IST
Every man is concerned about his sperm count. After all, these sperms determine his chances of having a baby in the near future. Sperm Count can be decreased due to trivial things from excessive drinking, maintaining unhealthy eating habits to something very strange ones like putting on a sunscreen.
So, take a look at our top picks on the things that lower a man’s sperm count.
- Processed Meats: A recent study has found that consuming processed meats such as sausage and bacon is known to harm the sperm quality. On the basis of the study conducted, men who ate processed meats everyday have 5.5% normal shaped sperm cells. However, on the other hand, their counterparts had 7.2% normal shaped sperm cells. Fish, on the other hand are an excellent source to boost sperm production.
- Being a vegan: So, processed meats are not good for you? So, is a vegan diet! Studies have suggested that diet rich in fruit and vegetables is known to harm the sperm fertility. Vegans are known to have lower sperm counts as compared to their counterparts. Vegans also have a less active sperm.
- Overusing the electronic gadgets: Frequent use of cell phones and laptops is known to hamper the production of sperms. The heat given off from the gadgets is known to increase the temperature of the scrotal sac, thereby causing a reduced sperm production. Men who talked for more than four hours on a phone every day, have weaker and fewer sperms.
- Consuming Soy: Consuming excessive soy or edamame is known to be detrimental to the reproductive system. Eating even half a serving of soy everyday is known to hamper the production of sperms. Isoflavones, which are found in soy products, are known to mimic the functioning of the female hormone, estrogen.
- Stressing: Stress is known to be bad for emotional as well as physical health. Therefore, your fertility is at risk if you worry too much! Prolonged stress is known to interfere with the production of testosterone.
- Abstaining from sex: If a guy is suffering from a low sperm count then even abstaining from sex for a single day is known to decrease the production of the sperm even more. Abstaining from sex is known to cause the sperm to change their shape.
- Excessive Drinking: Alcohol is one of the biggest reasons which decrease the production as well as the quality of the sperm. Drinking alcohol is known to reduce the levels of testosterone, leading to decrease in the sperm quality and production. Moderation while drinking is very important!
- Watching TV: The couch is not the best option if you are worried about your sperm count. A recent study has confirmed that men who watch a lot of TV are known to have fewer sperm as compared to men who work and exercise regularly. Couch potatoes are known to have a 44% chance of suffering from lower sperm count.
- Applying Sunscreen: Though it is commendable to apply sunscreen lotion before you head out in the sun, it is also known to impair your fertility. Sunscreen is known to hamper the production of sperm by almost 33%; the skin absorbs the chemicals which filter out the UV rays, interfering with the hormones.
Login to Add Comment
Everyone desires to have fair, smooth and dewy complexion. But, dust, dirt and pollution make skin dull and lifeless. The scorching summer sun also tans skin and makes one look darker. But, there a
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis which is also known as Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis is one of the most common kind of arthritis found in children below the age of 17. Some of the most common signs a
The irony of human nature is that though we know about the things that may be harmful for our body, we cannot resist them. So, knowingly or unknowingly, take a look at our top ‘Worst foods&rs
Neem Oil provides an effective treatment option for damaged skin and hair. The anti bacterial formula of Neem Oil makes it an amazing soother for the skin as well as the hair. Here are some of the
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Eating rice won't make you fat
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts