Put Your Cycling Shoes On
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 09 December 2014 - 2:33 pm IST
As kids, we all wanted to own a bicycle. We used to ride them all the way to the school and owning a bicycle was a novelty. However, with the passage of time, our priorities have changed entirely. People prefer cars and bikes as compared to the good old bicycles.
Cycling has emerged to be one of the best and simplest forms of exercises. They serve a wide variety of purposes and are low cost substitutes to physical work out. So, let’s find out why you should be going in for cycling everyday!
- Builds your strength: Bicycle is not just an exercise restricted to the legs. Contrary to the general opinion, cycling helps to build up the complete body strength in a holistic manner.
- Prevents Coronary Heart Disease: Cycling works out to give your heart, lungs as well as your blood vessels a much needed workout. Therefore, cycling reduces your chances of contracting coronary heart disease.
- Increases your muscle tone: Though slow, cycling is a sure shot way of increasing your muscle tone. It is a great workout for your legs, hips and knee joints.
- Builds Your Stamina: Cycling builds up your body’s stamina without even your knowledge. As soon as you begin cycling, you will be able to notice a change in your body’s capacity.
- Reduces your stress: Cycling is one of the best ways to be with nature and make some new friends. It helps you to de stress, clear out your head and makes you feel better about yourself!
- Shedding excess body fat: Cycling is one of the best ways to reduce and shed those extra kilos
- Improves your cardio vascular fitness: Cycling works out to improve your breathing and heart beat rate in a steady manner. It also engages the largest muscle group, the legs as well as raises your heart rate.
All in all, if fitness if your destination, then cycling is the way to go.
Login to Add Comment
People often contemplate over the best way to cook their food which is able to contain the flavour as well as the nutrient content of the ingredients. Though many ways of cooking food are known, ho
Bruxism – Basic Overview Bruxism is a condition in which the affected person grinds gnashes or clenches their teeth. A person suffering from Bruxism clenches their teeth unconscious
Thyroid Cancer: Basic Overview Thyroid Cancer occurs in the thyroid gland of the affected person. The Thyroid gland is a butterfly shaped gland which is found at the base of the neck. The
Right from the farms to our fork, humans tend to waste around 40% of the food. In addition to our economical to our ethical ramifications, this predisposed wastage of food is known to affect our en
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Triple X Syndrome