Put Your Cycling Shoes On
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 09 December 2014 - 2:33 pm IST
As kids, we all wanted to own a bicycle. We used to ride them all the way to the school and owning a bicycle was a novelty. However, with the passage of time, our priorities have changed entirely. People prefer cars and bikes as compared to the good old bicycles.
Cycling has emerged to be one of the best and simplest forms of exercises. They serve a wide variety of purposes and are low cost substitutes to physical work out. So, let’s find out why you should be going in for cycling everyday!
- Builds your strength: Bicycle is not just an exercise restricted to the legs. Contrary to the general opinion, cycling helps to build up the complete body strength in a holistic manner.
- Prevents Coronary Heart Disease: Cycling works out to give your heart, lungs as well as your blood vessels a much needed workout. Therefore, cycling reduces your chances of contracting coronary heart disease.
- Increases your muscle tone: Though slow, cycling is a sure shot way of increasing your muscle tone. It is a great workout for your legs, hips and knee joints.
- Builds Your Stamina: Cycling builds up your body’s stamina without even your knowledge. As soon as you begin cycling, you will be able to notice a change in your body’s capacity.
- Reduces your stress: Cycling is one of the best ways to be with nature and make some new friends. It helps you to de stress, clear out your head and makes you feel better about yourself!
- Shedding excess body fat: Cycling is one of the best ways to reduce and shed those extra kilos
- Improves your cardio vascular fitness: Cycling works out to improve your breathing and heart beat rate in a steady manner. It also engages the largest muscle group, the legs as well as raises your heart rate.
All in all, if fitness if your destination, then cycling is the way to go.
Login to Add Comment
Smoking as a habit is known to kill around 443,000 people all over the world every year. Not only that, it has emerged to be one of the most prominent causes for the increase
Bipolar Disorder - Basic Overview Bipolar Disorder is a mental disorder which often shows major characteristics like consistent shifts in the mood of a person as well as fluctuation
What is the major barrier when you are trying to shed those few extra kilos? The answer is hunger! Contrary to popular beliefs, instead of eating less while you are dieting
Grapefruit: Though it may be surprising, certain foods can affect your medication. That is why, it is always better to check with your doctor befo
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
Eating rice won't make you fat
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
Triple X Syndrome
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
Headaches and Migraines
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?