Put Your Cycling Shoes On
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 09 December 2014 - 2:33 pm IST
As kids, we all wanted to own a bicycle. We used to ride them all the way to the school and owning a bicycle was a novelty. However, with the passage of time, our priorities have changed entirely. People prefer cars and bikes as compared to the good old bicycles.
Cycling has emerged to be one of the best and simplest forms of exercises. They serve a wide variety of purposes and are low cost substitutes to physical work out. So, let’s find out why you should be going in for cycling everyday!
- Builds your strength: Bicycle is not just an exercise restricted to the legs. Contrary to the general opinion, cycling helps to build up the complete body strength in a holistic manner.
- Prevents Coronary Heart Disease: Cycling works out to give your heart, lungs as well as your blood vessels a much needed workout. Therefore, cycling reduces your chances of contracting coronary heart disease.
- Increases your muscle tone: Though slow, cycling is a sure shot way of increasing your muscle tone. It is a great workout for your legs, hips and knee joints.
- Builds Your Stamina: Cycling builds up your body’s stamina without even your knowledge. As soon as you begin cycling, you will be able to notice a change in your body’s capacity.
- Reduces your stress: Cycling is one of the best ways to be with nature and make some new friends. It helps you to de stress, clear out your head and makes you feel better about yourself!
- Shedding excess body fat: Cycling is one of the best ways to reduce and shed those extra kilos
- Improves your cardio vascular fitness: Cycling works out to improve your breathing and heart beat rate in a steady manner. It also engages the largest muscle group, the legs as well as raises your heart rate.
All in all, if fitness if your destination, then cycling is the way to go.
Login to Add Comment
Sleep Apnea - Overview Sleep Apnea has emerged out to be one of the most potential sleep disorders in which the breathing tends to stop and start intermittently. People who either snore l
Jetlag - Overview Jet Disorder which is commonly known as Jet Lag is a temporary sleep disorder which affects people who are prone to travelling frequently through different time zones. T
Cell phones have been condemned since the last couple of years as they have been positively linked to brain tumour. However, with an increased dependency on cell phones these days,
Uterine Fibroids which are emerging as one of the major medical conditions affecting women all over the world are rarely life threatening. They are benign tumors which make it very uncomfortable fo
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
Headaches and Migraines
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?