Put Your Cycling Shoes On
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 09 December 2014 - 2:33 pm IST
As kids, we all wanted to own a bicycle. We used to ride them all the way to the school and owning a bicycle was a novelty. However, with the passage of time, our priorities have changed entirely. People prefer cars and bikes as compared to the good old bicycles.
Cycling has emerged to be one of the best and simplest forms of exercises. They serve a wide variety of purposes and are low cost substitutes to physical work out. So, let’s find out why you should be going in for cycling everyday!
- Builds your strength: Bicycle is not just an exercise restricted to the legs. Contrary to the general opinion, cycling helps to build up the complete body strength in a holistic manner.
- Prevents Coronary Heart Disease: Cycling works out to give your heart, lungs as well as your blood vessels a much needed workout. Therefore, cycling reduces your chances of contracting coronary heart disease.
- Increases your muscle tone: Though slow, cycling is a sure shot way of increasing your muscle tone. It is a great workout for your legs, hips and knee joints.
- Builds Your Stamina: Cycling builds up your body’s stamina without even your knowledge. As soon as you begin cycling, you will be able to notice a change in your body’s capacity.
- Reduces your stress: Cycling is one of the best ways to be with nature and make some new friends. It helps you to de stress, clear out your head and makes you feel better about yourself!
- Shedding excess body fat: Cycling is one of the best ways to reduce and shed those extra kilos
- Improves your cardio vascular fitness: Cycling works out to improve your breathing and heart beat rate in a steady manner. It also engages the largest muscle group, the legs as well as raises your heart rate.
All in all, if fitness if your destination, then cycling is the way to go.
Login to Add Comment
Some people decide to make healthy living their lifelong goal. However, it’s not about the time that you devote to your diet plan; it’s the way in which you start and f
West Nile Virus Infection The West Nile Infection is caused due to a virus carried by the mosquitoes. Often, most people who suffer from this infection do not show any possible signs and
Cancer – the name itself gives people chills. The disease has emerged to be notoriously known for its severity and high death rate. In most of the cases, people are not able to understand the
Your posture is not all about how you look. It also tends to have a major impact on how you feel and on what you do. Yes, surprising it may sound but your posture can have a real impact on the way
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Eating rice won't make you fat
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms