Quick Tips to Quit Snoring
By Refadoc, Posted on : Saturday, 24 January 2015 - 1:38 am IST
As children we were scared of the monsters hiding under the bed. As adults, we fear the monster of a partner who snores. Dealing with a snoring partner can be cumbersome and can cause you to lose much of your nightly sleep. It has also been proven that couples in a snoring relationship are known to have a lower marital satisfaction score.
Therefore, here are some of the simplest ways to treat snoring with homemade remedies:
- Adjust Your Position: Most people tend to sleep on their backs as compared to their sides. However, many doctors have suggested that when people sleep on their sides, their chances of snoring are almost halved. So, roll up and change your sleeping position.
- Play around with the pillows: Playing around with the pillow helps you to prevent snoring. Try resting a body pillow in between your legs as it helps to align your spine without causing any problem. Or, you can also wedge in a C shaped pregnancy pillow behind your back for more comfort.
- No to alcohol: Alcohol before bed is a complete no no. Drinking relaxes the muscles in your throat which increases your chances of snoring. Since you are more sedated once you sleep, your snoring is less likely to stir you awake and can leave your partner to suffer longer.
- Open Your Nose: In some cases, the flapping muscles in the throat are not the problem causing snoring. The problem lies with the clogged or the narrow nasal passages. If your nasal passage is clogged, use a saltwater spray in order to fix it. This spray is not only going to keep your nostrils clear, but is also going to allow in maintaining the moisture in your nose, warding away the dryness and the irritation.
- Be a Mouth Breather: People who snore while sleeping are known to puff their cheeks and exhale against a closed mouth. This can lead to snoring. If you try breathing through your mouth for most of the time, it can really help you with the snoring.
Login to Add Comment
After a harrowing week at work, have you been looking for ways to de-stress yourself? Stress is one of the major factors which cause us to snap in crucial times. So, let’s tr
Male Infertility - Overview There are numerous reasons which lead towards infertility in men. All around the world around 10 to 20% couples suffer from infertility. Infertility is not sol
Vitamin A : Overview Vitamin A which is also commonly known as Retinoid is widely famous for promoting good vision, healthy immune system as well as cell growth in humans. There are
Ticks are the same organisms which can cause Lyme disease in dogs. Here are some of the five main reasons why you should be protecting your dog from ticks. Happiness and Comf
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Headaches and Migraines
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
Triple X Syndrome
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health