Quick Tips to Quit Snoring
By Refadoc, Posted on : Saturday, 24 January 2015 - 1:38 am IST
As children we were scared of the monsters hiding under the bed. As adults, we fear the monster of a partner who snores. Dealing with a snoring partner can be cumbersome and can cause you to lose much of your nightly sleep. It has also been proven that couples in a snoring relationship are known to have a lower marital satisfaction score.
Therefore, here are some of the simplest ways to treat snoring with homemade remedies:
- Adjust Your Position: Most people tend to sleep on their backs as compared to their sides. However, many doctors have suggested that when people sleep on their sides, their chances of snoring are almost halved. So, roll up and change your sleeping position.
- Play around with the pillows: Playing around with the pillow helps you to prevent snoring. Try resting a body pillow in between your legs as it helps to align your spine without causing any problem. Or, you can also wedge in a C shaped pregnancy pillow behind your back for more comfort.
- No to alcohol: Alcohol before bed is a complete no no. Drinking relaxes the muscles in your throat which increases your chances of snoring. Since you are more sedated once you sleep, your snoring is less likely to stir you awake and can leave your partner to suffer longer.
- Open Your Nose: In some cases, the flapping muscles in the throat are not the problem causing snoring. The problem lies with the clogged or the narrow nasal passages. If your nasal passage is clogged, use a saltwater spray in order to fix it. This spray is not only going to keep your nostrils clear, but is also going to allow in maintaining the moisture in your nose, warding away the dryness and the irritation.
- Be a Mouth Breather: People who snore while sleeping are known to puff their cheeks and exhale against a closed mouth. This can lead to snoring. If you try breathing through your mouth for most of the time, it can really help you with the snoring.
Login to Add Comment
Omega-3 fatty acid or n-3 fats, is perhaps the only fat that you should not shy away from! It is one of the most talked about fatty acid in the recent years and is essential for the body in more wa
Heat Rashes – Basic Overview Heat Rashes, which are also known as Prickly Heat or Miliaria is not a condition which just affects babies. It effects adults equally especially during
There is a very common misconception that thrives amongst women all over the world. It is that men are always in a mood for sex. This is not so. Just because they love something, does not mean that
Lemons Fruit Overview: Lemons came to become popular in the late 18th century when they were known to cure cases of Scurvy amongst sailors. The sailors found that Lemons and Or
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
Headaches and Migraines
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
Triple X Syndrome
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss