Signs and Symptoms That You are Aging
By Refadoc, Posted on : Monday, 07 July 2014 - 9:12 am IST
Aging is something unavoidable. It comes with time and overcomes the entire body. Its symptoms are prevalent all over the body and gradually affect various systems. All these symptoms develop gradually and vary diversely from person to person.
Some of the common signs of aging are as follows:
- A gradual decrease in the energy and vitality of the body.
- An increasing propensity to become tired very easily.
- Disturbed sleeping patterns, followed by bouts of tiredness
- Decreasing memory and attention span.
- Changes in behaviour patterns
- Changes over the skin followed by wrinkles, blemishes, loss of elasticity as well as loss of hair
- Change in the hair colour from natural to greyish white
- Decreasing vision and loss of hearing
- Disrupted bowel movements
- Decrease in the libido
- Increasing sexual dysfunction
- Increased urinary problems such as changes in the frequency as well as the incontinence
- Changes or stoppage in the menstrual cycle in case of women
- Obesity in the abdominal area followed by a difficulty in shedding the weight
Apart from these symptoms, when aging begins to dawn upon, the body’s fighting mechanism is weakened and thus the body becomes prone to many diseases such as the following:
- Heart attacks
- Osteoporosis (Weakness of bones, leading to brittleness)
- Hearing loss and loss of vision
- Alzheimer’s disease
Once the process of aging begins to start, the body’s susceptibility towards infections increases greatly and a person becomes a victim to various maladies, ranging from normal fever to hypothermia. The bones tend to become slimmer and brittle due to the age and tend to break more easily. Also, the problem of joint pains starts, beginning from the normal stiffness in the bones to arthritis. Stooped posture is also a sign for aging and skin becomes shallow, pale and loses its elasticity due to the lack of collagen and elastin.
The thought process becomes slowed down and thus, there is a great decrease in the visual acuity of a person. Not only that, the reflex actions becomes slow and there is a lack of co ordination between the brain and the muscles.
Aging universally has the above mentioned symptoms and signs, though they may vary from person to person generally.
Login to Add Comment
Melanoma– Living It, Surviving It Melanoma, which is also commonly known as skin cancer is known to be an abnormal growth in the number of the skin cells. Often one of the major rea
Tendinitis: Basic Information Tendinitis is known to be an inflammation or an irritation around the tendon. Tendons are thick fibrous cords which attach the muscles to the bones. Tendinit
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways! Marriage – a social institution which is known to survive the test of the time and give us many challenges throughout the period of our asso
No one ever said that an egg a day, keeps the doctor at bay. However, latest research has clearly demonstrated that eating an egg every day does not raise your risk of contracting heart disease amo
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair