Signs and Symptoms That You are Aging
By Refadoc, Posted on : Monday, 07 July 2014 - 9:12 am IST
Aging is something unavoidable. It comes with time and overcomes the entire body. Its symptoms are prevalent all over the body and gradually affect various systems. All these symptoms develop gradually and vary diversely from person to person.
Some of the common signs of aging are as follows:
- A gradual decrease in the energy and vitality of the body.
- An increasing propensity to become tired very easily.
- Disturbed sleeping patterns, followed by bouts of tiredness
- Decreasing memory and attention span.
- Changes in behaviour patterns
- Changes over the skin followed by wrinkles, blemishes, loss of elasticity as well as loss of hair
- Change in the hair colour from natural to greyish white
- Decreasing vision and loss of hearing
- Disrupted bowel movements
- Decrease in the libido
- Increasing sexual dysfunction
- Increased urinary problems such as changes in the frequency as well as the incontinence
- Changes or stoppage in the menstrual cycle in case of women
- Obesity in the abdominal area followed by a difficulty in shedding the weight
Apart from these symptoms, when aging begins to dawn upon, the body’s fighting mechanism is weakened and thus the body becomes prone to many diseases such as the following:
- Heart attacks
- Osteoporosis (Weakness of bones, leading to brittleness)
- Hearing loss and loss of vision
- Alzheimer’s disease
Once the process of aging begins to start, the body’s susceptibility towards infections increases greatly and a person becomes a victim to various maladies, ranging from normal fever to hypothermia. The bones tend to become slimmer and brittle due to the age and tend to break more easily. Also, the problem of joint pains starts, beginning from the normal stiffness in the bones to arthritis. Stooped posture is also a sign for aging and skin becomes shallow, pale and loses its elasticity due to the lack of collagen and elastin.
The thought process becomes slowed down and thus, there is a great decrease in the visual acuity of a person. Not only that, the reflex actions becomes slow and there is a lack of co ordination between the brain and the muscles.
Aging universally has the above mentioned symptoms and signs, though they may vary from person to person generally.
Login to Add Comment
Stress is emerging one of the silent killers these days. It gives rise to conditions such as heart disease as well as depression which strains both your physical as well as your me
Thirty Five Reasons to Use Garlic: Garlic has been recommended by doctors all over the world as one of the best herbs. Garlic has so many beneficial ways in order to help your body to bec
Potassium: Potassium and the growth and maintenance of body go hand in hand. This mineral has emerged to be one of the most vital one in order to maintain the water balance of the c
Your posture is not all about how you look. It also tends to have a major impact on how you feel and on what you do. Yes, surprising it may sound but your posture can have a real impact on the way
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Eating rice won't make you fat
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss