Signs of Clogged Arteries
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 16 January 2015 - 4:59 am IST
If you have an artery within your heart which has been clogged, then you might be suffering from Coronary Artery Disease (CAD). This disease is generally caused due to the buildup of the cholesterol and the fats within your arteries and is also commonly known as arthrosclerosis.
Arthrosclerosis is known to interfere with the passage of the blood flow to your heart due to the narrowing of the passage, owing to the blockage. In case this condition is not treated properly, it could lead to a heart attack eventually. Here are some of the major signs of a clogged artery:
- Angina: Angina is the most common symptom for people who are suffering from CAD. In Angina, people generally undergo heavy discomfort or pain in the centre of the chest. This pain is often described as a feeling of uneasiness or aching within the chest. Chest pain can also spread to the other areas of the body eventually.
- Difficulty while breathing: In case of a blocked artery, patients can often develop a problem during breathing. They can experience a shortness of breath and can often find it very hard to climb a flight of stairs.
- Nausea: People suffering from a blocked artery often experience nausea. Along with nausea, certain other gastrointestinal symptoms such as abdominal pains and vomiting can also occur.
- Dizziness: A blocked artery can prevent the oxygenated blood to reach to the heart and the brain. This can result in fainting, dizziness as well as loss of consciousness in some cases. Extreme weakness and anxiety can also be some of the major symptoms exhibited in people suffering from a clogged artery.
- Irregular Heartbeat: A rapid or an abnormal heartbeat is one of the major symptoms experienced by people suffering from a clogged artery. Since the heart is not able to gain the required amount of blood due to the clogging within the artery, it can result in either a rapid or a delayed, irregular heartbeat amongst patients.
Login to Add Comment
After viewing the television ad about the importance of iodine and sodium in our everyday food, it does not seem that too much sodium could prove to be a bad thing for u
Discontinuing the Habit: Bed Wetting: There have been instances of children growing up to the age of seven and more, and still indulging in bed wetting. Parents are plagued and children a
As kids, we all wanted to own a bicycle. We used to ride them all the way to the school and owning a bicycle was a novelty. However, with the passage of time, our priorities have changed entirely.
The festive season is upon us and with the endless parties we have to attend, if you must go, you must go gorgeous! Take a look at our top quick and inexpensive beauty tricks in orde
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
Headaches and Migraines