Signs of Clogged Arteries
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 16 January 2015 - 4:59 am IST
If you have an artery within your heart which has been clogged, then you might be suffering from Coronary Artery Disease (CAD). This disease is generally caused due to the buildup of the cholesterol and the fats within your arteries and is also commonly known as arthrosclerosis.
Arthrosclerosis is known to interfere with the passage of the blood flow to your heart due to the narrowing of the passage, owing to the blockage. In case this condition is not treated properly, it could lead to a heart attack eventually. Here are some of the major signs of a clogged artery:
- Angina: Angina is the most common symptom for people who are suffering from CAD. In Angina, people generally undergo heavy discomfort or pain in the centre of the chest. This pain is often described as a feeling of uneasiness or aching within the chest. Chest pain can also spread to the other areas of the body eventually.
- Difficulty while breathing: In case of a blocked artery, patients can often develop a problem during breathing. They can experience a shortness of breath and can often find it very hard to climb a flight of stairs.
- Nausea: People suffering from a blocked artery often experience nausea. Along with nausea, certain other gastrointestinal symptoms such as abdominal pains and vomiting can also occur.
- Dizziness: A blocked artery can prevent the oxygenated blood to reach to the heart and the brain. This can result in fainting, dizziness as well as loss of consciousness in some cases. Extreme weakness and anxiety can also be some of the major symptoms exhibited in people suffering from a clogged artery.
- Irregular Heartbeat: A rapid or an abnormal heartbeat is one of the major symptoms experienced by people suffering from a clogged artery. Since the heart is not able to gain the required amount of blood due to the clogging within the artery, it can result in either a rapid or a delayed, irregular heartbeat amongst patients.
Login to Add Comment
Tendinitis: Basic Information Tendinitis is known to be an inflammation or an irritation around the tendon. Tendons are thick fibrous cords which attach the muscles to the bones. Tendinit
These days there are many varied categories of friends – best friends, close friends, casual friends and ex- friends. The rule of an ideal friendship forever has been
Fibroadenoma: Basic Information Fibroadenoma is a kind of a solid, non cancerous breast tumour which tends to occur basically in teenage girls or women under the age of 30 years. Fibroade
Raw Garlic: The Hidden Truth Raw Garlic has been known to prevent blood clots and keeping the blood pressure down. However, most recipes require the garlic to be cooked and
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin