Signs of Iron Deficiency
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 04 February 2015 - 1:31 pm IST
It is a commonly known fact that women are at a higher risk of suffering from Iron deficiency. Around the world, Iron is one of the most common of all the nutritional deficiencies. Iron is needed by the body for the production of Hemoglobin, which helps the red blood cells to deliver oxygen all over the body. Without the adequate amount of Iron in the blood, a person could suffer from Anemia. So, take a look at the below mentioned symptoms to know if you are suffering from Iron deficiency:
- Endless Exhaustion: Women tend to feel exhausted most of the times due to their hectic lifestyle. However, they often tend to dismiss this symptom, attributing to many other factors. The lower amount of Iron in the bloodstream can lead to less oxygen reaching to your vital tissues and results in a feeling of weakness, fatigue as well as irritability.
- Heavy Menstrual Periods: In women, too heavy periods are one of the major reasons behind Iron deficiency. If you are experiencing a heavy menstrual flow, it is recommended to check in with your gynecologist.
- Paleness of the skin: Hemoglobin is the compound which provides your blood with the red color. Pale skin means that your body is low in the hemoglobin level. If you suffer from a pale complexion, low iron is the culprit.
- Shortness of Breath: No matter how much you breathe, if you are suffering from an iron deficiency, you will be feeling out of air most of the times. No matter how trivial you travel, be it climbing a short flight of stairs or your usual workout, you will be feeling short of breath.
- Restless Legs Syndrome: It has been found that around 15% of people who suffer from Restless Legs Syndrome also suffer from Iron deficiency. The lower the level of iron in the bloodstream, the worse are going to be the symptoms.
- Your Head Hurts: If you are suffering from an Iron deficiency, your brain tissues will hurt due to the lack of oxygen. The brain arteries tend to swell, resulting in causing headaches.
- Bouts of Anxiety: Iron deficiency can make people feel anxious for no apparent reason. Due to the lack of oxygen in the bloodstream, the body’s sympathetic nervous system tends to feel racy, which makes you quite anxious.
- Losing Excessive Hair: Iron deficiency can often blow up into a full blown anemic condition in no time. This can also lead to the loss of hair.
- An underactive Thyroid Gland: Iron deficiency can often lead your body to slow down the thyroid function and can block out the metabolism boosting affects of the body. Hypothyroidism is often a common condition experienced by people suffering from an Iron deficiency.
Login to Add Comment
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Triple X Syndrome
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women