Signs That Say Its Time to Leave Your Job
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 28 November 2014 - 5:05 am IST
A few months ago, my life was going wonderfully well. I had a great job working at one of the biggest multinationals, my salary was a whooping six figure and I had a great educational degree to back me up. It all looked good and I was climbing high up the corporate ladder and a great position lay ahead of me. However, something seemed amiss. All this was good, but something else was wanted off from life and I could not figure out what I missed.
Often, we are not aware of what we want, but we are aware of what we don’t want. There are a few warning signs which mean that it’s about time to leave your job and move onto something which suits you better. Take a look:
- Caffeine is your new best friend: If Coffee is your new best friend; it means you are severely overworked and you need a break. Often, people dealing with a huge workload need coffee in order to stay alert during the daytime and to function well at the office.
- Email’s on Your Mind: Email is the first thing that you check in the morning and the last thing you check before you go to sleep. Not to mention that it often wakes you up in the middle of the night with the consistent beeping.
- Pains all across your body: If you are noticing strange pains and aches all over your body at random times, without any major cause or malady, it is time to rethink.
- Indulging in Comfort Foods: Have your experienced a sudden urge to eat something while at work? Grabbing a bag of chips or be addicted to cola while working?
- Your Phone is Your Constant Companion: Work keeps you busy all day long. This is to such an extent that you carry your phone everywhere! To your Yoga class, to social gatherings, at the dinner table or even to the loo.
- Fights with Your Better Half: Often it is recommended not to take your work to your home. However, if you job is letting you fight with your partner regarding trivial issues such as bills or laundry, it’s almost time to rethink.
- You hate Sunday Evenings: Sundays are the days to relax and to spend quality time with your loved ones. However, if you start panicking on Sunday evening, thinking about the upcoming Monday morning and going back to work, it’s a major sign that you don’t love doing what you do.
The above mentioned signs are subtle ways of your conscience and your body to let you know that you truly aren’t enjoying doing what you do. It’s almost time to think about it twice and realize the things that truly matter and the ones that you want to pursue.
Login to Add Comment
Do you envy the beautiful locks of your colleague or the girl you meet on the elevator? Well, shiny and gorgeous hair is every girl’s dream. Fabulous hair can make or break a deal. Usually pe
Accidents are rampant all over India. Be it on the road, in homes or in workplaces, they are an everyday occurrence. However, what do people do when they see an accident? Most of us are j
Vitamin B1 : Overview Vitamin B1, which is also known commonly as Thiamin, is known as a kind of B- complex vitamin. Commonly, Vitamin B1 is found in all variety of foods in adequate amou
Vitamin B-12: Overview Vitamin B12 is a water soluble vitamin. When the body has used this vitamin, then the leftover vitamins can be easily washed off from the body via urine. However, t
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Headaches and Migraines
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms