Simple Ways To Prevent Alzheimer's Disease
By Refadoc, Posted on : Saturday, 29 November 2014 - 5:15 am IST
Alzheimer’s disease is one of the most common forms Dementia all over the world. It has been estimated that by the next half of this century, there will be around 16 million people all over the world suffering from Dementia. Some of the most common signs and symptoms of the disease include short term memory loss and an increased sense of forgetfulness.
In the later stages, the symptoms of the disease include increased mood swings, confusion as well as a long term memory loss. There is no known cure for Alzheimer’s disease. However, lifestyle as well as dietary factors tend to make great strides towards preventing dementia.
So, here are a few measures to prevent the disease:
- Keep your brain active: Instead of watching TV, indulge in cards and puzzles in order to increase the brain volume of the person. People who play games, read more books as well as go to museums are less prone to develop Alzheimer’s as compared to people who lead a sedentary lifestyle.
- Avoid being contemptuous: People who are cynical are at a greater risk of contracting dementia as compared to their counterparts. People who go high on distrusting people around them are three times more likely to develop Alzheimer’s disease as compared to their other counterparts.
- Increasing your Vitamin E Intake: Vitamin E is known to have a very positive impact in order to reduce the chances of contracting dementia. Vitamin E is known to delay the decline of the brain by 19%. Higher levels of Vitamin E in the food can protect a person against possible memory disorders
- Lifestyle changes: By changing your normal lifestyle habits, there is a greater chance of reducing your probability of contracting dementia. Taking regular exercises, quitting smoking, maintaining a low body weight, eating a balanced and healthy diet and decreasing your alcohol intake are major factors which can reduce the chances of dementia.
- Increasing Vitamin D Intake: Lower levels of Vitamin D have known to increase your chances of contracting dementia. A person having a lower level of Vitamin D is 53% more likely to contract dementia as compared to their counterparts as suggested by one of the studies.
- Avoiding Sugar Intake: People with high blood sugar levels are more likely to develop Alzheimer’s as compared to their counterparts. With the higher levels of blood glucose, the chances of contracting dementia are increased manifold. Sugar tends to have a toxic effect on the brain, especially over the memory centres.
Following the above mentioned rules can help you to keep dementia at bay and can help you to lead a long and healthy life.
Login to Add Comment
Head Lice Infestation - Overview As kids, nearly everyone has been infected with head lice at one time or the other. Head Lice are the tiny insects which feed on the blood of the human sc
Hepatitis B: Basic Overview Hepatitis B is a serious liver infection which is caused due to the Hepatitis B Virus (HBV). This infection often proves to be chronic, making it last for more
Hepatitis C: Basic Overview Hepatitis C is an infection which is caused by a virus attacking the liver leading to the inflammation of the organ. Most people who are infected with Hepatiti
Neem Oil provides an effective treatment option for damaged skin and hair. The anti bacterial formula of Neem Oil makes it an amazing soother for the skin as well as the hair. Here are some of the
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin