Simple Ways To Prevent Alzheimer's Disease
By Refadoc, Posted on : Saturday, 29 November 2014 - 5:15 am IST
Alzheimer’s disease is one of the most common forms Dementia all over the world. It has been estimated that by the next half of this century, there will be around 16 million people all over the world suffering from Dementia. Some of the most common signs and symptoms of the disease include short term memory loss and an increased sense of forgetfulness.
In the later stages, the symptoms of the disease include increased mood swings, confusion as well as a long term memory loss. There is no known cure for Alzheimer’s disease. However, lifestyle as well as dietary factors tend to make great strides towards preventing dementia.
So, here are a few measures to prevent the disease:
- Keep your brain active: Instead of watching TV, indulge in cards and puzzles in order to increase the brain volume of the person. People who play games, read more books as well as go to museums are less prone to develop Alzheimer’s as compared to people who lead a sedentary lifestyle.
- Avoid being contemptuous: People who are cynical are at a greater risk of contracting dementia as compared to their counterparts. People who go high on distrusting people around them are three times more likely to develop Alzheimer’s disease as compared to their other counterparts.
- Increasing your Vitamin E Intake: Vitamin E is known to have a very positive impact in order to reduce the chances of contracting dementia. Vitamin E is known to delay the decline of the brain by 19%. Higher levels of Vitamin E in the food can protect a person against possible memory disorders
- Lifestyle changes: By changing your normal lifestyle habits, there is a greater chance of reducing your probability of contracting dementia. Taking regular exercises, quitting smoking, maintaining a low body weight, eating a balanced and healthy diet and decreasing your alcohol intake are major factors which can reduce the chances of dementia.
- Increasing Vitamin D Intake: Lower levels of Vitamin D have known to increase your chances of contracting dementia. A person having a lower level of Vitamin D is 53% more likely to contract dementia as compared to their counterparts as suggested by one of the studies.
- Avoiding Sugar Intake: People with high blood sugar levels are more likely to develop Alzheimer’s as compared to their counterparts. With the higher levels of blood glucose, the chances of contracting dementia are increased manifold. Sugar tends to have a toxic effect on the brain, especially over the memory centres.
Following the above mentioned rules can help you to keep dementia at bay and can help you to lead a long and healthy life.
Login to Add Comment
Dark circles under the eyes are one of the biggest problems that women and girls face all over the world. Dark circles take away the freshness of the face of the people and give them a look of pale
Autumn is here. Soon, the beautiful winters too will be knocking at our doors. Winters however, can prove to be very harsh for our skins and they can cause chapping and drying whic
Is your kitchen shelf utterly cluttered lately? Have you been wondering about shifting some of the condiments up into your refrigerator to make some space! Good move perhaps, but take note of the t
If you have seen George Clooney travel in the movie up in the Air, I am sure that you too, would be longing for that ultra cool way of travelling, without being ruffled by the jet lag, motion sickn
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts