Skin Conscious? Know the Foods to Avoid
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 02 January 2015 - 4:03 am IST
Often, we are aware of the foods which are bad for our body, but are we aware of the foods which are harmful to our skin and should be avoided? Take a look at the list of the foods that you should watch out for, as suggested by most reliable dermatologist!
- Excessive Salt: We all need salt in our food, but when salt is consumed excessively, it can cause the skin to become puffy and bloated. In the longer run, salt is known to ruin the texture and the elasticity of the skin.
- Caffeine: Caffeine is an ultimate powerhouse of energy but is not so good for your skin. Caffeine is known to thin and age down your skin. It also dehydrates the epidermis of the skin and causes the occurrence of fine lines and wrinkles prematurely.
- Alcohol: Alcohol not only causes dehydration, but also causes the dilation of the vascular veins and the loss of the fluids from the body via the skin. This makes the skin look dry, dull and scaly.
- Processed Foods: Refined and processed foods are known to be low in fiber content and high in the glycemic index. They also contain large amount of salt and calcium. These foods affect your skin and health on many different levels. Therefore, try substituting your refined products with wholesome foods such as grains and seeds for instance.
- Sugar: Sugar not only increases your calories but also serves no purpose to your body or to your skin. It contains toxins which are known to cause acne and play around with your hormones.
Therefore, it is recommended to opt for fruits such as Papayas, Blueberries, Strawberries, Oranges as well as Kiwis in order to boost up the production of collagen in your body and to promote the blood flow throughout your capillaries. This will provide you with a radiant glow from within. Drinking up to eight glasses of water every day is also known to work wonders for your skin!
Have any more queries related to your skin? Get in touch with the most recommended dermatologist in your city now!
Login to Add Comment
After a harrowing week at work, have you been looking for ways to de-stress yourself? Stress is one of the major factors which cause us to snap in crucial times. So, let’s tr
Baker's Cyst - Basic Overview Baker's Cyst is the formation of a fluid filled cyst which causes a bulge and a feeling of tightness around the affected person's knee. The pain associated w
A few months ago, my life was going wonderfully well. I had a great job working at one of the biggest multinationals, my salary was a whooping six figure and I had a great educatio
“Congratulations! You are pregnant!” Hearing these words can change the life of a woman upside down. Though this change is good, women are often perplexed during their first pregnancy.
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Triple X Syndrome
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects