Skin Conscious? Know the Foods to Avoid
By Refadoc, Posted on : Friday, 02 January 2015 - 4:03 am IST
Often, we are aware of the foods which are bad for our body, but are we aware of the foods which are harmful to our skin and should be avoided? Take a look at the list of the foods that you should watch out for, as suggested by most reliable dermatologist!
- Excessive Salt: We all need salt in our food, but when salt is consumed excessively, it can cause the skin to become puffy and bloated. In the longer run, salt is known to ruin the texture and the elasticity of the skin.
- Caffeine: Caffeine is an ultimate powerhouse of energy but is not so good for your skin. Caffeine is known to thin and age down your skin. It also dehydrates the epidermis of the skin and causes the occurrence of fine lines and wrinkles prematurely.
- Alcohol: Alcohol not only causes dehydration, but also causes the dilation of the vascular veins and the loss of the fluids from the body via the skin. This makes the skin look dry, dull and scaly.
- Processed Foods: Refined and processed foods are known to be low in fiber content and high in the glycemic index. They also contain large amount of salt and calcium. These foods affect your skin and health on many different levels. Therefore, try substituting your refined products with wholesome foods such as grains and seeds for instance.
- Sugar: Sugar not only increases your calories but also serves no purpose to your body or to your skin. It contains toxins which are known to cause acne and play around with your hormones.
Therefore, it is recommended to opt for fruits such as Papayas, Blueberries, Strawberries, Oranges as well as Kiwis in order to boost up the production of collagen in your body and to promote the blood flow throughout your capillaries. This will provide you with a radiant glow from within. Drinking up to eight glasses of water every day is also known to work wonders for your skin!
Have any more queries related to your skin? Get in touch with the most recommended dermatologist in your city now!
Login to Add Comment
Anaemia - Overview Anemia has widely emerged out to be known as the condition in which the human body comes to lack the RBC’s (Red Blood Cells), thereby decreasing the amount of hem
Jetlag - Overview Jet Disorder which is commonly known as Jet Lag is a temporary sleep disorder which affects people who are prone to travelling frequently through different time zones. T
Magnesium Magnesium is vital for the formation and maintenance of the bone protein and for the formation of new blood cells. It goes out to activate the Vitamin B in the body and relaxes
Yips : Basic Overview Yips is the occurrence of involuntary wrist spasms which are caused basically in golfers during putting. However, Yips is also known to affect people who play cricke
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Triple X Syndrome
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits