Staying Raw , Staying Healthy
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 02 June 2015 - 10:28 am IST
Cooking imparts flavour to the food, but eating the food raw provides us with the much needed nutrients that help us to stay healthy and fit. Though the choices are very limited when it comes to eating raw foods, here are few best ones which are going to guarantee you health and happiness.
- Raw Nuts: These are the powerhouse of healthy fats needed by the body. Consuming nuts help us to lower the LDL of the body and also reduces the risk of blood clotting. Nuts are also known to be the richest source of Vitamin E.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is known to fight against cancer. The plant contains Myrosinase, which is known to increase the ability of the liver to detoxify the carcinogens. People who opt for consuming broccoli steamed are able to avail only one third of the Myrosinase, as compared to the ones who consume it raw.
- Garlic: Garlic is known to produce a compound known as Allicin which protects the DNA. However, once cooked, the enzyme become inactive.
- Raw Juices: Rather than consuming the juices which come in, all bottled up, it is best to buy the fruits and vegetables and squeeze fresh juice. Fresh juice is very rich in vitamins and these vitamins are killed by the addition of preservatives. Packed juices contain a large amount of chemicals, added sugars as well as other unhealthy ingredients. Therefore, it is best to squeeze the juices right at home.
- Raw Salt: Whoever heard of raw salts? Raw mineral salts such as Himalayan, Fleur de sel and others are loaded with the essential minerals. Table Salt, which is widely consumed has been treated at a high temperature and has added chemicals and bleach.
- Raw cocoa: Cocoa contains different nutrients such as vitamins and minerals which are known to boost the production of the neurotransmitters and phyto chemicals in the body. Upon cooking, cocoa loses most of its nutrients.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are known to be richly loaded with calcium and magnesium. Also, it contains antioxidants and fibre which are much needed by the body. Therefore, it is recommended to have a chia breakfast rather than opting for the cereal for gaining a more nutritious diet.
So, by the introduction of some healthy, yet raw food products, you can gain the best of the health and nutrition.
Login to Add Comment
Thirty Five Reasons to Use Garlic: Garlic has been recommended by doctors all over the world as one of the best herbs. Garlic has so many beneficial ways in order to help your body to bec
Scalp Psoriasis - Overview Scalp Psoriasis is one of the most common skin disorders which go out to affect the scalp of the person. This leads to the creation of raised, reddish as well a
It’s 12 am and you are foraging the fridge for an after dinner snack. But are you wondering if your midnight snack should be nixed? Dieticians have suggested that eating in the evening or ove
Broccoli Broccoli – the vegetable which is not only loaded with all the essential nutrients but is also known widely because of its therapeutic properties. Broccoli c
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Eating rice won't make you fat
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?