Staying Raw , Staying Healthy
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 02 June 2015 - 10:28 am IST
Cooking imparts flavour to the food, but eating the food raw provides us with the much needed nutrients that help us to stay healthy and fit. Though the choices are very limited when it comes to eating raw foods, here are few best ones which are going to guarantee you health and happiness.
- Raw Nuts: These are the powerhouse of healthy fats needed by the body. Consuming nuts help us to lower the LDL of the body and also reduces the risk of blood clotting. Nuts are also known to be the richest source of Vitamin E.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is known to fight against cancer. The plant contains Myrosinase, which is known to increase the ability of the liver to detoxify the carcinogens. People who opt for consuming broccoli steamed are able to avail only one third of the Myrosinase, as compared to the ones who consume it raw.
- Garlic: Garlic is known to produce a compound known as Allicin which protects the DNA. However, once cooked, the enzyme become inactive.
- Raw Juices: Rather than consuming the juices which come in, all bottled up, it is best to buy the fruits and vegetables and squeeze fresh juice. Fresh juice is very rich in vitamins and these vitamins are killed by the addition of preservatives. Packed juices contain a large amount of chemicals, added sugars as well as other unhealthy ingredients. Therefore, it is best to squeeze the juices right at home.
- Raw Salt: Whoever heard of raw salts? Raw mineral salts such as Himalayan, Fleur de sel and others are loaded with the essential minerals. Table Salt, which is widely consumed has been treated at a high temperature and has added chemicals and bleach.
- Raw cocoa: Cocoa contains different nutrients such as vitamins and minerals which are known to boost the production of the neurotransmitters and phyto chemicals in the body. Upon cooking, cocoa loses most of its nutrients.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are known to be richly loaded with calcium and magnesium. Also, it contains antioxidants and fibre which are much needed by the body. Therefore, it is recommended to have a chia breakfast rather than opting for the cereal for gaining a more nutritious diet.
So, by the introduction of some healthy, yet raw food products, you can gain the best of the health and nutrition.
Login to Add Comment
It happens to the best of us. We come across people who are so mean and difficult that we wonder how not to retaliate back. Mean bosses, uncooperative co-workers, whiny friends…., the list i
Hit the Sack! Have you been battling Insomnia lately? Are you encountering trouble falling asleep? There are many people who suffer from Insomnia all over the world and there are differen
Thyroid Problems and Pregnancy: The Inter relation There are many different reasons behind infertility in women. Sometimes, it can be really hard to put a finger on the issue which is cau
Overpowering Pelvic Pain Pelvic Pain is the one which affects the lowest part of the abdomen and the pelvis. In women, Pelvic Pain can refer to the onset of the symptoms which arise from
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy