Surprising Benefits of Ginger
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 29 April 2015 - 1:54 pm IST
Ginger is one herb which is known all over the world due to its therapeutic properties such as anti inflammatory properties and its relevance in getting rid of gastrointestinal diseases. The herb is known to be a powerhouse of all the essential nutrients which we need to keep our body healthy and young. The herb can be used in many different ways and is an active ingredient which is used during cooking or drinking. It is also used as a food preservative and a medicinal agent across many cultures throughout centuries.
Here are some of the most famous and noteworthy health benefits of Ginger:
- Fights Inflammation: Ginger is a very natural painkiller which is known to have anti inflammatory properties and substances.
- Maintains blood circulation: Ginger is a rich source of minerals such as Magnesium, Zinc and Chromium. These minerals are very helpful in fighting against chills, fever as well as excessive sweating. These minerals are also helpful in maintaining a normal blood circulation.
- Treats Motion Sickness: Ginger works an excellent remedy in order to combat the symptoms which are caused due to motion sickness.
- Increases the Absorption: Ginger is known to stimulate the gastric enzyme secretions which are known to increase the overall absorption of the nutrients in the body.
- Prevents Cold and Flu: It has been proved that drinking two tablespoons of chopped ginger and hot water can be used to successfully treat common cold and flu.
- Cures Stomach Discomfort: Ginger is known to aid with the digestion of the food and helps to deal with the stomach discomfort. It is known to reduce any signs of inflammation in the same way as medicines do.
- Prevents Colon Cancer: a study has proved that Ginger helps to slow down or prevent the occurence of Colon Cancer amongst people who use it daily.
- Treats Respiratory Conditions: Ginger is known to help effectively with colds and other respiratory disorders as it helps to expand the lungs and loosens the phlegm.
- Treats Ovarian Cancer: Ginger is also known to cause the death of the Ovarian Cancer Cells amongst patients.
- Improves the overall Immune System: Ginger provides a major boost to the immune system of a person. Eating a small portion of Ginger everyday is known to reduce the deposition of fat along the arteries and prevents the chances of stroke. It is also known to decease the chances of stomach infections and helps with throat irritation as well.
- Fights Morning Sickness: It has been proved that Ginger is 75% effective in prevent morning sickness and dealing with stomach flu.
Login to Add Comment
People often contemplate over the best way to cook their food which is able to contain the flavour as well as the nutrient content of the ingredients. Though many ways of cooking food are known, ho
Sodium: Sodium is one of the major components of our everyday diet. Table salt (Sodium Chloride) is the major source of Sodium for humans. This mineral is known to control the blood press
Potassium: Potassium and the growth and maintenance of body go hand in hand. This mineral has emerged to be one of the most vital one in order to maintain the water balance of the c
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a condition which affects the large intestine (Colon) of the affected people. Cramping, abdominal pains, constipatio
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
Triple X Syndrome
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms