Surprising Benefits of Ginger
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 29 April 2015 - 1:54 pm IST
Ginger is one herb which is known all over the world due to its therapeutic properties such as anti inflammatory properties and its relevance in getting rid of gastrointestinal diseases. The herb is known to be a powerhouse of all the essential nutrients which we need to keep our body healthy and young. The herb can be used in many different ways and is an active ingredient which is used during cooking or drinking. It is also used as a food preservative and a medicinal agent across many cultures throughout centuries.
Here are some of the most famous and noteworthy health benefits of Ginger:
- Fights Inflammation: Ginger is a very natural painkiller which is known to have anti inflammatory properties and substances.
- Maintains blood circulation: Ginger is a rich source of minerals such as Magnesium, Zinc and Chromium. These minerals are very helpful in fighting against chills, fever as well as excessive sweating. These minerals are also helpful in maintaining a normal blood circulation.
- Treats Motion Sickness: Ginger works an excellent remedy in order to combat the symptoms which are caused due to motion sickness.
- Increases the Absorption: Ginger is known to stimulate the gastric enzyme secretions which are known to increase the overall absorption of the nutrients in the body.
- Prevents Cold and Flu: It has been proved that drinking two tablespoons of chopped ginger and hot water can be used to successfully treat common cold and flu.
- Cures Stomach Discomfort: Ginger is known to aid with the digestion of the food and helps to deal with the stomach discomfort. It is known to reduce any signs of inflammation in the same way as medicines do.
- Prevents Colon Cancer: a study has proved that Ginger helps to slow down or prevent the occurence of Colon Cancer amongst people who use it daily.
- Treats Respiratory Conditions: Ginger is known to help effectively with colds and other respiratory disorders as it helps to expand the lungs and loosens the phlegm.
- Treats Ovarian Cancer: Ginger is also known to cause the death of the Ovarian Cancer Cells amongst patients.
- Improves the overall Immune System: Ginger provides a major boost to the immune system of a person. Eating a small portion of Ginger everyday is known to reduce the deposition of fat along the arteries and prevents the chances of stroke. It is also known to decease the chances of stomach infections and helps with throat irritation as well.
- Fights Morning Sickness: It has been proved that Ginger is 75% effective in prevent morning sickness and dealing with stomach flu.
Login to Add Comment
Cooking imparts flavour to the food, but eating the food raw provides us with the much needed nutrients that help us to stay healthy and fit. Though the choices are very limited wh
Alcoholism does not seem like much of a problem to a large number of people. However, deep down it plays a host towards the rising of major issues and problems in a person’s mental and physic
Constipation - Overview Constipation is one of the taboo topics that no one really wants to talk about. In case you have suffered from this problem, you know that it can come out to be ve
Vitamin C is one necessary vitamin which is never harmful for your body. However, one of the major misconceptions which surround this Vitamin is that Lemons and Oranges are the richest sources of i
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Eating rice won't make you fat
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin