Surprising Benefits of Ginger
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 29 April 2015 - 1:54 pm IST
Ginger is one herb which is known all over the world due to its therapeutic properties such as anti inflammatory properties and its relevance in getting rid of gastrointestinal diseases. The herb is known to be a powerhouse of all the essential nutrients which we need to keep our body healthy and young. The herb can be used in many different ways and is an active ingredient which is used during cooking or drinking. It is also used as a food preservative and a medicinal agent across many cultures throughout centuries.
Here are some of the most famous and noteworthy health benefits of Ginger:
- Fights Inflammation: Ginger is a very natural painkiller which is known to have anti inflammatory properties and substances.
- Maintains blood circulation: Ginger is a rich source of minerals such as Magnesium, Zinc and Chromium. These minerals are very helpful in fighting against chills, fever as well as excessive sweating. These minerals are also helpful in maintaining a normal blood circulation.
- Treats Motion Sickness: Ginger works an excellent remedy in order to combat the symptoms which are caused due to motion sickness.
- Increases the Absorption: Ginger is known to stimulate the gastric enzyme secretions which are known to increase the overall absorption of the nutrients in the body.
- Prevents Cold and Flu: It has been proved that drinking two tablespoons of chopped ginger and hot water can be used to successfully treat common cold and flu.
- Cures Stomach Discomfort: Ginger is known to aid with the digestion of the food and helps to deal with the stomach discomfort. It is known to reduce any signs of inflammation in the same way as medicines do.
- Prevents Colon Cancer: a study has proved that Ginger helps to slow down or prevent the occurence of Colon Cancer amongst people who use it daily.
- Treats Respiratory Conditions: Ginger is known to help effectively with colds and other respiratory disorders as it helps to expand the lungs and loosens the phlegm.
- Treats Ovarian Cancer: Ginger is also known to cause the death of the Ovarian Cancer Cells amongst patients.
- Improves the overall Immune System: Ginger provides a major boost to the immune system of a person. Eating a small portion of Ginger everyday is known to reduce the deposition of fat along the arteries and prevents the chances of stroke. It is also known to decease the chances of stomach infections and helps with throat irritation as well.
- Fights Morning Sickness: It has been proved that Ginger is 75% effective in prevent morning sickness and dealing with stomach flu.
Login to Add Comment
After viewing the television ad about the importance of iodine and sodium in our everyday food, it does not seem that too much sodium could prove to be a bad thing for us. However
Omega-3 fatty acid or n-3 fats, is perhaps the only fat that you should not shy away from! It is one of the most talked about fatty acid in the recent years and is essential for the body in more wa
Today magazines, websites and blogs are full of advice onto eating better and maintaining a good diet form. The information is overwhelming as well as confusing at times. With so many food choices
We conducted a recent survey across many fitness trainers and asked them one simple question: ‘is there any food item which you won’t eat and would recommend your clients to avoid as we
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Triple X Syndrome
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
Headaches and Migraines
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects