Surprising Benefits of Ginger
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 29 April 2015 - 1:54 pm IST
Ginger is one herb which is known all over the world due to its therapeutic properties such as anti inflammatory properties and its relevance in getting rid of gastrointestinal diseases. The herb is known to be a powerhouse of all the essential nutrients which we need to keep our body healthy and young. The herb can be used in many different ways and is an active ingredient which is used during cooking or drinking. It is also used as a food preservative and a medicinal agent across many cultures throughout centuries.
Here are some of the most famous and noteworthy health benefits of Ginger:
- Fights Inflammation: Ginger is a very natural painkiller which is known to have anti inflammatory properties and substances.
- Maintains blood circulation: Ginger is a rich source of minerals such as Magnesium, Zinc and Chromium. These minerals are very helpful in fighting against chills, fever as well as excessive sweating. These minerals are also helpful in maintaining a normal blood circulation.
- Treats Motion Sickness: Ginger works an excellent remedy in order to combat the symptoms which are caused due to motion sickness.
- Increases the Absorption: Ginger is known to stimulate the gastric enzyme secretions which are known to increase the overall absorption of the nutrients in the body.
- Prevents Cold and Flu: It has been proved that drinking two tablespoons of chopped ginger and hot water can be used to successfully treat common cold and flu.
- Cures Stomach Discomfort: Ginger is known to aid with the digestion of the food and helps to deal with the stomach discomfort. It is known to reduce any signs of inflammation in the same way as medicines do.
- Prevents Colon Cancer: a study has proved that Ginger helps to slow down or prevent the occurence of Colon Cancer amongst people who use it daily.
- Treats Respiratory Conditions: Ginger is known to help effectively with colds and other respiratory disorders as it helps to expand the lungs and loosens the phlegm.
- Treats Ovarian Cancer: Ginger is also known to cause the death of the Ovarian Cancer Cells amongst patients.
- Improves the overall Immune System: Ginger provides a major boost to the immune system of a person. Eating a small portion of Ginger everyday is known to reduce the deposition of fat along the arteries and prevents the chances of stroke. It is also known to decease the chances of stomach infections and helps with throat irritation as well.
- Fights Morning Sickness: It has been proved that Ginger is 75% effective in prevent morning sickness and dealing with stomach flu.
Login to Add Comment
Vitamin B1 : Overview Vitamin B1, which is also known commonly as Thiamin, is known as a kind of B- complex vitamin. Commonly, Vitamin B1 is found in all variety of foods in adequate amou
Iodine: Iodine is known to help the regulation of the energy production as well as the weight growth within the body. It also goes out to promote the proper growth of hair, nails, skin an
Do not be tempted by the endless array of pricey cosmetics which are available all over the world. These lotions and procedures tend to often promise you with younger looking and bea
Lettuce Overview: Lettuce has often been termed as the perfect food for weight loss and a super food! The vegetable comes loaded with health benefits and comprises of a great amount of pr
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
Triple X Syndrome
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?