The Worst Foods You Could Eat
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 09 December 2014 - 10:19 pm IST
The irony of human nature is that though we know about the things that may be harmful for our body, we cannot resist them. So, knowingly or unknowingly, take a look at our top ‘Worst foods’ that you should be avoiding on all costs:
- Processed Meats: Though they may be delicious or tempting, processed meats are very rich in calories, fat and sodium. Consuming these foods puts you at a very high risk of contracting diabetes, obesity as well as coronary heart conditions. All kinds of meats which have been processed or salted, be it red meat, salted hot dogs or lunch meats fall under the category of processed meat.
- Low Fat Foods: Though these foods claim to be low in fat content yet, these foods are rich in Trans fat, which is just as bad. Trans Fat is very bad for our heart health and raises the level of cholesterol in the bloodstream. Also, to make up the lack of flavor, these foods are rich in sugar and sodium.
- Mayonnaise: This is an openly known fact that Mayonnaise is very bad for our general body’s health. However, people are not aware of how unhealthy this food is for their body. One tablespoon of Mayonnaise contains around 90 calories, 10 grams of fat as well as 90 mg sodium! Yes, this is one thing which you should be avoiding at all cost!
- Frozen Foods: Frozen Foods are the saviors of today. Seemingly everyone is dependent on them. One of the majorly purchased items at the grocery stores; these are rich in sodium and high on calories. A normal sized frozen food diet contains a whooping 960 calories and almost as high amount of sodium. Decide for yourself.
- Margarine: Margarine has emerged to be one of the most widely purchased food item as it has been recognized as a healthy alternative to butter. However, Margarine is rich in Trans fats which cause cancer, diabetes, heart disease and many other ailments.
- Soda and Sweets: This is also a well known fact that soda should be avoided on all costs. However, you should know that Soda causes kidney damage, cancer, heart disease and diabetes amongst a wide range of ailments. Diet Soda on the other hand has been linked to Stroke. Several studies have proved that consuming Soda on an everyday level is known to take a toll on our general health.
So, this was our list on a few top food items that are worst for your health. So, if you are seriously thinking about getting rid of all that fat and maintain a healthy lifestyle, steer clear of the above!
Login to Add Comment
Everybody wants to have a flawless and dewy complexion. But, very few of us are blessed with great skin that shines with health and radiance. Uneven, patchy skin is a problem that is faced by a lot
Stress is emerging one of the silent killers these days. It gives rise to conditions such as heart disease as well as depression which strains both your physical as well as your me
Pre Menstrual Syndrome (PMS) - Overview PMS (Pre Menstrual Syndrome) is known to consist of a wide variety of symptoms which can range from mood swings, fatigue, cravings to irritability
Pout and duck face selfies are the trend of the day. However, your lips play a major part in order to get that perfect pouty picture. Due to the winter season, our lips often dry off and break. So,
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin