The Worst Foods You Could Eat
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 09 December 2014 - 10:19 pm IST
The irony of human nature is that though we know about the things that may be harmful for our body, we cannot resist them. So, knowingly or unknowingly, take a look at our top ‘Worst foods’ that you should be avoiding on all costs:
- Processed Meats: Though they may be delicious or tempting, processed meats are very rich in calories, fat and sodium. Consuming these foods puts you at a very high risk of contracting diabetes, obesity as well as coronary heart conditions. All kinds of meats which have been processed or salted, be it red meat, salted hot dogs or lunch meats fall under the category of processed meat.
- Low Fat Foods: Though these foods claim to be low in fat content yet, these foods are rich in Trans fat, which is just as bad. Trans Fat is very bad for our heart health and raises the level of cholesterol in the bloodstream. Also, to make up the lack of flavor, these foods are rich in sugar and sodium.
- Mayonnaise: This is an openly known fact that Mayonnaise is very bad for our general body’s health. However, people are not aware of how unhealthy this food is for their body. One tablespoon of Mayonnaise contains around 90 calories, 10 grams of fat as well as 90 mg sodium! Yes, this is one thing which you should be avoiding at all cost!
- Frozen Foods: Frozen Foods are the saviors of today. Seemingly everyone is dependent on them. One of the majorly purchased items at the grocery stores; these are rich in sodium and high on calories. A normal sized frozen food diet contains a whooping 960 calories and almost as high amount of sodium. Decide for yourself.
- Margarine: Margarine has emerged to be one of the most widely purchased food item as it has been recognized as a healthy alternative to butter. However, Margarine is rich in Trans fats which cause cancer, diabetes, heart disease and many other ailments.
- Soda and Sweets: This is also a well known fact that soda should be avoided on all costs. However, you should know that Soda causes kidney damage, cancer, heart disease and diabetes amongst a wide range of ailments. Diet Soda on the other hand has been linked to Stroke. Several studies have proved that consuming Soda on an everyday level is known to take a toll on our general health.
So, this was our list on a few top food items that are worst for your health. So, if you are seriously thinking about getting rid of all that fat and maintain a healthy lifestyle, steer clear of the above!
Login to Add Comment
Everyone wishes to have beautiful dewy skin that glows with good health. However, dust, dirt and pollution plays havoc with your skin and make it look dull and dry. Following a good beauty regimen
Bulimia Nervosa - Overview Bulimia Nervosa, which is also known as Bulimia, is a very serious and life threatening eating disorder. Though this disease cannot be diagnosed on the basis of
Persuasion power plays a major role in any argument. It does not matter if you go in for a face to face confrontation or a subtle way to put forward your point, it is important to
Right from the farms to our fork, humans tend to waste around 40% of the food. In addition to our economical to our ethical ramifications, this predisposed wastage of food is known to affect our en
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
Eating rice won't make you fat
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc