Things Your Doctor Isn't Telling You
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 24 February 2015 - 1:17 am IST
Doctors are very much in demand these days. You should be considering yourself lucky if you are able to squeeze 20 minutes with your doctor. However, did you notice that when it comes down to even the most vital organs of your body, what advice your doctor has in store for you? It’s the same old: make sure you exercise, watch what you are eating, don’t smoke, limit down on your drinks and so on…
But, there is so much more to what your doctor has just told you. There are so many more things which your doctor ought to be telling you but he isn’t! Take a look at some of our favorites:
- The real deal on smoking: It’s not a bad thing that your doctor has already told you to quit smoking, but did your doctor ever tell you that quitting smoking is going to reduce the risk of you contracting heart disease by almost 50% in a year? Probably not. Once you quit smoking, within a year your risk cuts back to that of a nonsmoker.
- The real story behind exercising: Doctors keep on recommending exercising as if it is going to add years to your life. However, when it comes to staying fit and healthy, is cardio the best choice or weights? Every person needs to do something dynamic at least three times a week. This could consist of walking or jogging, based on your personal preference.
- The risk behind missing your heart meds: Often, pill bottles come with the dosage slip marked to show the daily dosage in a large font. The reason behind it is that even a small lapse in the medication for a single day can lead to serious problems such as the blood pressure shooting up. This is even more important for people who have been diagnosed with a heart related condition. Therefore, try to stick to the schedule as strictly as you can. If you have missed out on your medication for two days straight, contact your doctor to check if you are not at risk.
- High Blood Pressure – What can you do: Often, doctors tell you that you are suffering from high blood pressure but do not provide any more facts beyond it? It has been found that in addition to the diet and the exercise, treatment of high blood pressure also needs proper medication. Therefore, it is very important to talk to your doctor to learn more about the stage of blood pressure that you are dealing with.
- Staying calm and cool: Stress is for real and it is a major risk factor. Therefore, you need to figure out what causes you stress and look out for solutions about the same. Reducing your stress is just as crucial as the diet and exercise for people who have a prevailing heart condition.
Login to Add Comment
Vertigo and Dizziness - Overview Vertigo and Dizziness are known to occur when there is a conflict between the signals that are sent to the brain by the balance as well as the position se
Thumb Sucking - Overview It is not uncommon to see a child suckling his thumb. Often parents do not tend to discourage the habit, however, at one point, they think that this is enough! It
Iodine: Iodine is known to help the regulation of the energy production as well as the weight growth within the body. It also goes out to promote the proper growth of hair, nails, skin an
Dehydration is a common emergency condition in which the dog loses its ability to replace the fluids which have been lost orally. These fluids are comprised of the vital electrolytes as well as wat
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Eating rice won't make you fat
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women