Things Your Doctor Isn't Telling You
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 24 February 2015 - 1:17 am IST
Doctors are very much in demand these days. You should be considering yourself lucky if you are able to squeeze 20 minutes with your doctor. However, did you notice that when it comes down to even the most vital organs of your body, what advice your doctor has in store for you? It’s the same old: make sure you exercise, watch what you are eating, don’t smoke, limit down on your drinks and so on…
But, there is so much more to what your doctor has just told you. There are so many more things which your doctor ought to be telling you but he isn’t! Take a look at some of our favorites:
- The real deal on smoking: It’s not a bad thing that your doctor has already told you to quit smoking, but did your doctor ever tell you that quitting smoking is going to reduce the risk of you contracting heart disease by almost 50% in a year? Probably not. Once you quit smoking, within a year your risk cuts back to that of a nonsmoker.
- The real story behind exercising: Doctors keep on recommending exercising as if it is going to add years to your life. However, when it comes to staying fit and healthy, is cardio the best choice or weights? Every person needs to do something dynamic at least three times a week. This could consist of walking or jogging, based on your personal preference.
- The risk behind missing your heart meds: Often, pill bottles come with the dosage slip marked to show the daily dosage in a large font. The reason behind it is that even a small lapse in the medication for a single day can lead to serious problems such as the blood pressure shooting up. This is even more important for people who have been diagnosed with a heart related condition. Therefore, try to stick to the schedule as strictly as you can. If you have missed out on your medication for two days straight, contact your doctor to check if you are not at risk.
- High Blood Pressure – What can you do: Often, doctors tell you that you are suffering from high blood pressure but do not provide any more facts beyond it? It has been found that in addition to the diet and the exercise, treatment of high blood pressure also needs proper medication. Therefore, it is very important to talk to your doctor to learn more about the stage of blood pressure that you are dealing with.
- Staying calm and cool: Stress is for real and it is a major risk factor. Therefore, you need to figure out what causes you stress and look out for solutions about the same. Reducing your stress is just as crucial as the diet and exercise for people who have a prevailing heart condition.
Login to Add Comment
Late night partying with friends and had a little too much to drink? Well, waking up the morning after could mean coping with a horrible hangover. If you are experiencing headache, dry mouth, drows
We all have often heard about the advertisements of food products with a low amount of cholesterol. Although we have heard a lot about cholesterol, do we really know what cholesterol is? Ch
Whiplash – Basic Overview Whiplash is a kind of neck injury which generally occurs during the rear end automobile collisions. This injury occurs when the head of the affected person
Most of us are very conscious about what we eat while we are on a diet, but we pay no heed to what we drink. That is one big rookie mistake. An average person tends to drink out one of their five d
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Headaches and Migraines
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
Triple X Syndrome
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon