Travelling Safely With Your Pet
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 04 February 2015 - 12:44 pm IST
Travelling with pets is becoming one of the most popular trends these days. With today’s cats and dogs which are being introduced to pet friendly airlines, it is very crucial to know some of the best ways to travel with your pets.
Travelling by a Plane:
In most cases, it is very safe to travel with your pet in a plane, if your pet Okays it. Animals are accustomed to travelling in car or to go out on walks. However, if your pet is going to travel internationally via an airline, it requires a health certificate from your pet. You have to make sure that the vaccines for your pet are up to date. Also consider an ID collar and a tag for your pet.
If your pet is going to travel by a car, here are some of the best ways to travel:
- Make sure that your dog wears a specially designed collar or seat belt in order to harness them to the seat.
- Make sure that there is an adequate amount of ventilation.
- Never let your pet put their head outside the window. This can lead to ear and eye injuries.
No matter what way your pet is travelling, here are some of the basic tips which should always be followed:
- Make sure that your pet is well groomed. They should not be itchy or dirty.
- Make sure that you carry along some comforts of home, such as beds, blankets, toys and litter box.
- Rather than buying new types of foods, make sure that you carry your pet’s familiar food items from home.
- Carriers should be big enough so that there is room for standing, turning around and for food and water.
- Place absorbent towels on the carrier floor in case of any accidents.
- Make sure that you carry a pet first aid kit in case of any emergency.
Login to Add Comment
Sure your dinner smells amazing to you and it smells the same to your pet. However, how do you stop the begging habit of your dog? It is very common for pets to beg for food around the dinner table
Chicken is one of the major key ingredients in our dog’s foods. It is an animal based protein and can help your dog to maintain its muscle structure. It is a source of protein which is known
According to a recent survey, it has been found that around 10% of the total dogs all over the world are suffering from obesity. If you are unsure whether your dog is suffering from obesity, here a
A dog which has suddenly lost its sense of balance could be suffering from a serious health problem – this kind of condition requires an immediate medical attention. Primary C
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Headaches and Migraines
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon