Travelling Safely With Your Pet
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 04 February 2015 - 12:44 pm IST
Travelling with pets is becoming one of the most popular trends these days. With today’s cats and dogs which are being introduced to pet friendly airlines, it is very crucial to know some of the best ways to travel with your pets.
Travelling by a Plane:
In most cases, it is very safe to travel with your pet in a plane, if your pet Okays it. Animals are accustomed to travelling in car or to go out on walks. However, if your pet is going to travel internationally via an airline, it requires a health certificate from your pet. You have to make sure that the vaccines for your pet are up to date. Also consider an ID collar and a tag for your pet.
If your pet is going to travel by a car, here are some of the best ways to travel:
- Make sure that your dog wears a specially designed collar or seat belt in order to harness them to the seat.
- Make sure that there is an adequate amount of ventilation.
- Never let your pet put their head outside the window. This can lead to ear and eye injuries.
No matter what way your pet is travelling, here are some of the basic tips which should always be followed:
- Make sure that your pet is well groomed. They should not be itchy or dirty.
- Make sure that you carry along some comforts of home, such as beds, blankets, toys and litter box.
- Rather than buying new types of foods, make sure that you carry your pet’s familiar food items from home.
- Carriers should be big enough so that there is room for standing, turning around and for food and water.
- Place absorbent towels on the carrier floor in case of any accidents.
- Make sure that you carry a pet first aid kit in case of any emergency.
Login to Add Comment
Culinary Scientists and food experts from all over the world bring you some of the most delightful tips in order to make your food choices not only healthy, but nutritious at the same time. They re
Pets can be difficult to handle. They can be often fussy about their food. So, here are some of the most common pet foods which are being debunked. Preparing their food yours
Allergies are not fun for anyone. If they are not any fun for you, they aren’t for your dog as well. Food allergies and intolerance is caused due to a reaction to one particular ingredient in
Sometimes when your dog is going through the effects of being under the weather, the signs will be crystal clear. However, in most cases the symptoms tend to be subtle and overlooked. Here are some
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Triple X Syndrome
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?