Travelling Safely With Your Pet
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 04 February 2015 - 12:44 pm IST
Travelling with pets is becoming one of the most popular trends these days. With today’s cats and dogs which are being introduced to pet friendly airlines, it is very crucial to know some of the best ways to travel with your pets.
Travelling by a Plane:
In most cases, it is very safe to travel with your pet in a plane, if your pet Okays it. Animals are accustomed to travelling in car or to go out on walks. However, if your pet is going to travel internationally via an airline, it requires a health certificate from your pet. You have to make sure that the vaccines for your pet are up to date. Also consider an ID collar and a tag for your pet.
If your pet is going to travel by a car, here are some of the best ways to travel:
- Make sure that your dog wears a specially designed collar or seat belt in order to harness them to the seat.
- Make sure that there is an adequate amount of ventilation.
- Never let your pet put their head outside the window. This can lead to ear and eye injuries.
No matter what way your pet is travelling, here are some of the basic tips which should always be followed:
- Make sure that your pet is well groomed. They should not be itchy or dirty.
- Make sure that you carry along some comforts of home, such as beds, blankets, toys and litter box.
- Rather than buying new types of foods, make sure that you carry your pet’s familiar food items from home.
- Carriers should be big enough so that there is room for standing, turning around and for food and water.
- Place absorbent towels on the carrier floor in case of any accidents.
- Make sure that you carry a pet first aid kit in case of any emergency.
Login to Add Comment
One of our recent surveys which were conducted via an online dating website for married women was able to find the major reasons why women cheat on their partners. Though the reasons may vary from
Dehydration is caused due to the loss of water and electrolytes in the body. This can lead to serious complications for pets and people all the same. Since water is an essential component, it shoul
Stomach Swelling or Bloating can be a life threatening condition for dogs. In order to keep your canine companion in good health, it is very important to make sure that you know the signs of the bl
Transform your pooch from a troublemaker to the best behaved pet on the neighborhood with these simple steps: Let your pet know who is the boss around the house from the very beginni
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?