Travelling Safely With Your Pet
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 04 February 2015 - 12:44 pm IST
Travelling with pets is becoming one of the most popular trends these days. With today’s cats and dogs which are being introduced to pet friendly airlines, it is very crucial to know some of the best ways to travel with your pets.
Travelling by a Plane:
In most cases, it is very safe to travel with your pet in a plane, if your pet Okays it. Animals are accustomed to travelling in car or to go out on walks. However, if your pet is going to travel internationally via an airline, it requires a health certificate from your pet. You have to make sure that the vaccines for your pet are up to date. Also consider an ID collar and a tag for your pet.
If your pet is going to travel by a car, here are some of the best ways to travel:
- Make sure that your dog wears a specially designed collar or seat belt in order to harness them to the seat.
- Make sure that there is an adequate amount of ventilation.
- Never let your pet put their head outside the window. This can lead to ear and eye injuries.
No matter what way your pet is travelling, here are some of the basic tips which should always be followed:
- Make sure that your pet is well groomed. They should not be itchy or dirty.
- Make sure that you carry along some comforts of home, such as beds, blankets, toys and litter box.
- Rather than buying new types of foods, make sure that you carry your pet’s familiar food items from home.
- Carriers should be big enough so that there is room for standing, turning around and for food and water.
- Place absorbent towels on the carrier floor in case of any accidents.
- Make sure that you carry a pet first aid kit in case of any emergency.
Login to Add Comment
Culinary Scientists and food experts from all over the world bring you some of the most delightful tips in order to make your food choices not only healthy, but nutritious at the same time. They re
There has been an ongoing debate whether dogs are better or cats are the optimum pets! However, were you aware that your pet preferences also say something about your own personality? A new
Pets can be difficult to handle. They can be often fussy about their food. So, here are some of the most common pet foods which are being debunked. Preparing their food yours
When your pet plays outside during the day, the chances are immense for the fleas to hop onto his skin and coat and to hitch a ride right into your home. Once your pet carries the fleas into your h
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Triple X Syndrome
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots