Tricks to Hit the Sack Sooner
By Refadoc, Posted on : Thursday, 04 September 2014 - 12:35 pm IST
Hit the Sack!
Have you been battling Insomnia lately? Are you encountering trouble falling asleep? There are many people who suffer from Insomnia all over the world and there are different reasons why people find it very hard to go to sleep at nights. However, there could be some tips and tricks which you can follow in order to make sure that you are able to fall asleep on time at night, sans all the distractions.
So, take a look at our top five picks which can help you hit the sack sooner:
- Muscle Relaxation Techniques: These therapies originated back in the 1920’s. They involve tightening of the muscles and then gently relaxing them. When we do this time and again, it promotes the relaxation of the muscles. Also, this exercise tends to decrease the anxiety as well as lowers the blood pressure. When this exercise is repeated every night, it can calm both your mind and your body.
- Indulging in Mindless Activities: Stress is one of the major reasons why we are not able to go to bed. If you want to go to sleep, the best option is to make sure that you indulge in a repetitive mindless task. Such mindless activity such as counting till 100, thinking about something good or thinking about your day can help you to fall asleep. It keeps your mind off the stress and lets you fall asleep.
- Keep the Cell Phone Away: Mobile phone is one of the major reasons that keep us from falling asleep. Receiving emails or sending texts, we keep our minds engaged when we have the cell phones near us. Therefore, make sure that when you go to bed; keep your mobile at a considerable distance. Also, avoid using mobile phones for your alarms.
- Breathing Exercises: Breathing exercises are known as excellent relaxation exercises, and when used correctly can be very beneficial. You must lie in a comfortable position and should relax the different parts of your body in a particular sequence. Start by inhaling and then hold in your breath for two seconds. Then, relax and let the air out. This should be done four to five times. This will make sure that you can sleep comfortably.
- Listening to Soothing Music: Music is known as the food for the soul. Therefore, make sure that you get rid of all the unnecessary noise and instead play something which is soothing. This could be the sound of the ocean waves or even thunderstorms. This music tends to calm us and therefore, helps us to fall asleep.
Once you follow all these steps, you will be able to go to bed easily and will be able to keep your sleeping habits in sync.
Login to Add Comment
Aging is considered to be a natural process by everyone. It’s a phenomenon which has to happen, irrespective of whatever measures we may consider in order to avoid it. Though it cannot be avo
If you have a little more weight and a hanging tummy but are looking forward to gain those wonderfully looking abs, then do not despair! Here is a list of ten fibre rich foods whic
Cancer – the name itself gives people chills. The disease has emerged to be notoriously known for its severity and high death rate. In most of the cases, people are not able to understand the
There was once a time, when infertility was considered to be a curse by women in India. They were often shown the boot and were left to hear the accusations from the s
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Triple X Syndrome
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
Eating rice won't make you fat