Waking Up Earlier and Refreshed
By Refadoc, Posted on : Thursday, 15 January 2015 - 4:19 am IST
Do you remember that famous adage which used to adorn our school walls during childhood? ‘Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise’!
Yes, this same one has now evidently gone away from our lives owing to our hectic lifestyle choices and the ways in which our sleeping patterns have been disrupted. However, here are some of the best tips which can help you to wake up earlier and refreshed, every single day.
- Put Your Phones Away: Technology is one of the major factors which is causing us to delay our sleep and disrupting the entire body clock. The screen’s light is also known to mimic the brightness of the sun, which tells your brain to stop producing melatonin, an essential hormone which is needed for a good night’s rest.
- Read a Book or Magazine: Make sure that you take out 30 minutes every night in order to read your favorite book or magazine. This time, which is spent relaxing, helps you to fall asleep easily.
- Don’t eat or drink alcohol: Eating right before you go to sleep can cause heartburn and going for a late night nightcap can also cause sleep disruptions. Therefore, make sure that you stay away from both of these, as much as you can.
- Get as much sun as you can: Early morning sunlight can shut off the melatonin production in the body, which tends to leave you more alert and primed in order to begin your entire day.
- Place the alarm across the room: Placing your alarm clock away from your bed is going to make sure that you wake up and get off your bed in order to shut it down. The snooze button has apparently made us even lazier.
- Drink a glass of water: Drinking a glass of water every morning as soon as you wake up makes sure that you replenish all the water which you lose either by sweating or by exhaling throughout the night. It keeps you both refreshed as well as hydrated.
- Get some exercise: We are not saying to you should be going for something which is time consuming or intense. Instead, make sure that you devote sometime everyday to your basic yoga or exercises in order to wake yourself up completely.
- Check your mornings: Make sure that you work up the agenda for the rest of the day and plan in advance. Not only it will make you more focused throughout the day, but it is also going to save your willpower for pressing tasks.
- Plan a good breakfast: Planning a good breakfast not only motivates you to go with the rest of the day, but also helps you out to stay energetic throughout the rest of the day.
Login to Add Comment
Reasons behind Missing Periods A missed period can emerge out to be one of the biggest threats for a woman. The only option which comes to the mind of a woman is that she is pregnant. No
What is the major barrier when you are trying to shed those few extra kilos? The answer is hunger! Contrary to popular beliefs, instead of eating less while you are dieting
“Congratulations! You are pregnant!” Hearing these words can change the life of a woman upside down. Though this change is good, women are often perplexed during their first pregnancy.
Just like people, dogs are also known to suffer from UTI’s and Bladder Infections. These infections are often caused due to the bacteria present in the urethra and the lining of the bladder.
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
Eating rice won't make you fat
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi