Warning Signs of Cancer
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 10 December 2014 - 9:07 pm IST
Cancer – the name itself gives people chills. The disease has emerged to be notoriously known for its severity and high death rate. In most of the cases, people are not able to understand the major symptoms of the disease in the initial stages. Everyone should be aware of the general signs and symptoms of the disease. Let’s take a look at the major warning signs:
- Increased weight loss: While you may initially think it to be great, if you are dealing with obesity. However most people with cancer tend to lose their body weight without any major reason. Any unexplained weight loss of 10 pounds or more is serious and could be an initial symptom of the diseases.
- Consistent fever: Though fever is quite common in people suffering from cancer, it is also one of the potential initial symptoms of the disease. It is more prominent in people suffering from blood cancer or Lymphoma.
- Pain: Pain is an early symptom of bone and testicular cancers. Headaches are a symptom of brain tumors. Back Pains are a symptom of colon, rectum or ovary cancer. Mostly, pain means that the cancer has spread to the other parts of the body away from the target organ.
- Sores: Sores which do not heal with the passage of time is one of the major symptoms of cancer. Skin cancers often bleed and look like sores which take time to heal. Long lasting sores in the mouth are a symptom of oral cancer. Sores around the genital areas are either a sign of an infection or an early cancer.
- Unusual bleeding or discharge: Unusual bleeding is the sign of either initial or later stage of cancer. Coughing up blood is a sign of lung cancer. Passing up of blood in the stool can be a sign of colon or rectal cancer. Blood in the urine is a sign of bladder or kidney cancer. Bloody discharge from the nipple is a sign of breast cancer.
- Lumps on and around the body: Many cancers can be found around the skin of the affected person. These cancers are mostly restricted around the breast, testicle and lymph nodes. Formation of lumps can be a sign of early or later stage of cancer.
- Trouble while swallowing: Indigestion or problems while swallowing is a sign of esophageal, stomach as well as throat cancer.
- Change in the skin warts or moles: Any existent wart, mole or freckle which changes the color, shape or size should be considered a threat. Any change in your skin moles should be reported to the doctor. Initial and timely screening of these moles can be treated successfully.
- Cough or soreness: A cough which is persistent and longs for a few months at stretch can be a sign of lung cancer. Hoarseness can also be a sign of larynx cancer or thyroid gland cancer.
Login to Add Comment
Have an important event and found a zit on your face? Well, that’s nothing less than a nightmare! They pop up overnight and refuse to go away easily. Not to mention the unsightly marks they l
Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS) - Overview Restless Leg Syndrome, also known as RLS is known to be a common reason for the occurrence of pain in the legs. With the syndrome,
Diabetes is the disease on a spree! In the next decade, it is expected that the disease will reach alarming levels and will be one of the major conditions affecting people all over
It’s true that contact lenses allow us to see the world and the beauty in it. However, they too require proper care and handling. So, here are a few useful tips to take care
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
13 Effective Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Scientific Benefits of Blueberries for Skin, Health and Weight Loss
Headaches and Migraines
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin