Ways to Prevent Breast Cancer
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 30 December 2015 - 2:58 am IST
Breast Cancer is one of the most common cancers affecting women all over the world. The possibility of every one in eight women of developing the cancer puts every woman under the scanner for the disease. As common as the cancer is, it is equally simple to avoid the cancer and to stay healthy. Some simple lifestyle changes and habits can help you to stay away from the chances of developing this deadly disease.
- Nutritious Diet: Try to include as many fruits, vegetables, legumes, grains, nuts and seeds into your everyday diet as you can. This allows you to gain the recommended level of Phytochemicals needed by your body. Phytochemicals help to fight against tumor formation and also help to detoxify against the carcinogens. Try adding a fruit to your breakfast, a salad to your lunch as well as try snacking between meals. Also try reducing your intake of red meat to 2-3 servings per week.
- Staying Active: The best way to start is by going in for 30 minutes of walk for six days a week in order to reduce your level of stress and to boost your body’s immunity and metabolism naturally. It is very crucial to maintain a healthy body weight as being overweight tends to put you in an increased risk of developing the cancer.
- Quit Smoking: If you are a smoker, quit now. Smoking increases your chances of developing Breast cancer drastically. Therefore, quit smoking to stay safe. Even indulging in passive smoking is known to play a major role in developing the chances of cancer. So, steer clear of smoking.
- Watch your drinking: Alcohol is known to boost your levels of Estrogen in the bloodstream which tends to increase your risk of developing Breast Cancer by almost 10-12%. Therefore, watch what and how much you drink. Try eating foods which are rich in folate as it tends to cut down the risk of developing the cancer amongst women who drink regularly.
- Regular Examination: It is recommended to go in for a Mammography after every six months as a timely detection of the disease can help you to seek the correct treatment against the disease. Talk to your physician and also look for the ways of self examination at home. Examine yourself every week or month for any signs of the cancer and stay safe.
- Don’t put your pregnancy on hold: Due to the changing lifestyle and the work culture, women are putting off their pregnancies on hold for a long time. However, it is recommended to have children young. Studies have suggested that women who have had their first child before the age of 30 are known to be at a lower risk of developing breast cancer as compared to women who’ve had kids after 30 or did not have any children at all.
Login to Add Comment
Aging is inevitable. But there are a number of ways to slow down the aging process and have a beautiful and smooth skin for many years. One of the best ways to prevent aging is to follow a proper b
Though it may be quite stylish to listen to music on a high note and it may even make you feel like dancing, however, researchers have pointed out some of the major side effects of
Low Carb Diets are very much in trend these days. The dependency of people on these diets is increasingly greatly. However, you will be surprised to know that a few so called &lsqu
Wheat Allergy – Basic Overview Wheat Allergy – as is suggestive from the name is an allergic reaction which occurs to foods containing wheat. People suffering from Wheat Aller
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
Eating rice won't make you fat
Triple X Syndrome
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Benefits of eating Watermelons during Pregnancy
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
15 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll