When Your Baby is Ill
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 06 January 2015 - 4:54 am IST
New and young parents often tend to become confused and tensed when their child falls ill. Most of the pediatricians recommend that the sooner you learn to brief your doctor regarding your child effectively, the better are the chances of recovery. So, here is a checklist that young parents should adhere by:
- Provide a clear medical history: Make sure that you provide all the details about your child’s symptoms to the doctor. For instance, make sure to mention that he has been ‘vomiting since the last three days’ or ‘develops fever during the evening’.
- Avoid Self Medication: Self Medication in case of children and infants is a complete no! Even when it comes to the basic drugs, for fever or for mild cough, make sure that you refer to the Pediatrician beforehand. However, in case of diarrhea, the parents may prescribe the rehydration salts.
- Keep a Clinical Thermometer handy: Make sure that you measure and jot down the temperature of your child if you feel that he is feeling feverish. Just feeling his skin can often be misleading. So make sure that you measure and note it down.
- Have the records ready: Make sure that you have all the records from the previous lab tests, hospitalization, immunization, reactions as well as surgery handy. In case of newborns, make sure that you keep the maternal and delivery records with you.
- Jot down your Questions: You should be noting down all the questions which you want to put to the doctor, lest you forget them.
- Be careful with the Immunization: Make sure that you stick religiously with all the dates that have been given by your doctor. In case you child is sick and he needs some shots, make sure that you share with the doctor the reactions which may have occurred since the earlier immunizations.
Login to Add Comment
Every year around half a million people die of cancer in India. And the numbers are rising at an alarming rate. There are around 200 different types of cancer, but the most common ones in India are
Arthritis - Overview Arthritis has been derived from the Greek word, ‘arthon’ which means joints and ‘itis’ which means inflammation. According to the latest medic
Bruxism – Basic Overview Bruxism is a condition in which the affected person grinds gnashes or clenches their teeth. A person suffering from Bruxism clenches their teeth unconscious
Heat Rashes – Basic Overview Heat Rashes, which are also known as Prickly Heat or Miliaria is not a condition which just affects babies. It effects adults equally especially during
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Amazing Health Benefits of Vodka
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
20 Scientific Benefits & Uses of Walnut for Health & Skin
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
How to get rid of bad breath - Expert Doctors tell you the way out - Refadoc
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
20 Incredible Benefits of Sunflower Oil for Skin, Hair & Health
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits