When Your Baby is Ill
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 06 January 2015 - 4:54 am IST
New and young parents often tend to become confused and tensed when their child falls ill. Most of the pediatricians recommend that the sooner you learn to brief your doctor regarding your child effectively, the better are the chances of recovery. So, here is a checklist that young parents should adhere by:
- Provide a clear medical history: Make sure that you provide all the details about your child’s symptoms to the doctor. For instance, make sure to mention that he has been ‘vomiting since the last three days’ or ‘develops fever during the evening’.
- Avoid Self Medication: Self Medication in case of children and infants is a complete no! Even when it comes to the basic drugs, for fever or for mild cough, make sure that you refer to the Pediatrician beforehand. However, in case of diarrhea, the parents may prescribe the rehydration salts.
- Keep a Clinical Thermometer handy: Make sure that you measure and jot down the temperature of your child if you feel that he is feeling feverish. Just feeling his skin can often be misleading. So make sure that you measure and note it down.
- Have the records ready: Make sure that you have all the records from the previous lab tests, hospitalization, immunization, reactions as well as surgery handy. In case of newborns, make sure that you keep the maternal and delivery records with you.
- Jot down your Questions: You should be noting down all the questions which you want to put to the doctor, lest you forget them.
- Be careful with the Immunization: Make sure that you stick religiously with all the dates that have been given by your doctor. In case you child is sick and he needs some shots, make sure that you share with the doctor the reactions which may have occurred since the earlier immunizations.
Login to Add Comment
Food Poisoning And Dealing With It Food Poisoning is also known as an illness which is caused with the contamination of food with microbes which induces the infirmity in
Treatment and Drugs for Pyloric Stenosis: Pyloric Stenosis is generally treated with the help of a surgical procedure known as Pyloromyotomy. In this process, the surgeon cuts inside the
Cell phones have been condemned since the last couple of years as they have been positively linked to brain tumour. However, with an increased dependency on cell phones these days,
Vitamin D: The Lifesaving Vitamin Low levels of Vitamin D in the body have long been associated with diseases such as osteoporosis, diabetes, hypertension and even cancer.
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
25 Surprising Carrot Juice Benefits for Skin & Health
Remarkable Benefits of Almonds for Health, Weight Loss & Skin
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
Pineapple - A Dangerous Fruit for Pregnant Women
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Persimmon
Headaches and Migraines
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi