When Your Baby is Ill
By Refadoc, Posted on : Tuesday, 06 January 2015 - 4:54 am IST
New and young parents often tend to become confused and tensed when their child falls ill. Most of the pediatricians recommend that the sooner you learn to brief your doctor regarding your child effectively, the better are the chances of recovery. So, here is a checklist that young parents should adhere by:
- Provide a clear medical history: Make sure that you provide all the details about your child’s symptoms to the doctor. For instance, make sure to mention that he has been ‘vomiting since the last three days’ or ‘develops fever during the evening’.
- Avoid Self Medication: Self Medication in case of children and infants is a complete no! Even when it comes to the basic drugs, for fever or for mild cough, make sure that you refer to the Pediatrician beforehand. However, in case of diarrhea, the parents may prescribe the rehydration salts.
- Keep a Clinical Thermometer handy: Make sure that you measure and jot down the temperature of your child if you feel that he is feeling feverish. Just feeling his skin can often be misleading. So make sure that you measure and note it down.
- Have the records ready: Make sure that you have all the records from the previous lab tests, hospitalization, immunization, reactions as well as surgery handy. In case of newborns, make sure that you keep the maternal and delivery records with you.
- Jot down your Questions: You should be noting down all the questions which you want to put to the doctor, lest you forget them.
- Be careful with the Immunization: Make sure that you stick religiously with all the dates that have been given by your doctor. In case you child is sick and he needs some shots, make sure that you share with the doctor the reactions which may have occurred since the earlier immunizations.
Login to Add Comment
Every year around half a million people die of cancer in India. And the numbers are rising at an alarming rate. There are around 200 different types of cancer, but the most common ones in India are
Sleep Disorders - Overview Often due to some lifestyle decisions or due to every stress incurred by a person, there is a change in the sleeping pattern or habits. This considerable change
Green Poop: Basic Overview Green Poop is a common condition which affects people all over the world. In this condition, the poop or the faeces look green in colour. This condition could b
As kids, we all wanted to own a bicycle. We used to ride them all the way to the school and owning a bicycle was a novelty. However, with the passage of time, our priorities have changed entirely.
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
Lady's Finger : Major Health Benefits
Why did India ban 344 fixed dose combination drugs?
Honey During Pregnancy - Is It Safe?
Surprising Health Benefits of Balsamic Vinegar
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Health, Weight Loss, Pregnancy & Side Effects
20 Incredible Benefits of Raisins for Health, Skin & Hair
Chyawanprash- Health Benefits, Ingredients, Dosage, Nutritional Facts, Side Effects
20 Effective Home Remedies for Fairer Skin
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
22 Proven Natural Home Remedies to Remove Blackheads