Where are the Germs?
By Refadoc, Posted on : Wednesday, 17 December 2014 - 10:34 am IST
It’s getting colder and the winters are just here. Your immunity may be going low. So, now is the right time to know how you and your family can escape disease causing germs and bugs in your own home.
Most microbes are not harmful. However, there are some nasty ones in the close vicinity of our living area. Here is where they are hiding:
- Kitchen Sponges and Dishrags: Do you know that the sponges and dishrags which we used to clean our dishes contain more germs as compared to the toilet bowl? It could be even worse! Up to 7% of sponges and dishrags contain Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), which are also known as flesh eating bacteria. The fix for this solution is to sanitize your sponges by microwaving them every day. Wash your dishrags as well!
- Kitchen sinks, Toothbrush Holders and Kitchen Countertops: These places are the hotspot for the bacteria. So, make sure that you clean them properly every day. Use a diluted bleach mixture by adding one tablespoon of bleach to four cups of water in order to clean your kitchen sinks and countertops. For the toothbrush holder, wash it with hand in hot and soapy water in order to clean it completely.
- Bathroom Taps, TV Remotes, Refrigerator Handles and Doorknobs: Cold resistant viruses are known to linger for days on these surfaces. Also, flu viruses can live on these surfaces for even longer. It is recommended to disinfect and clean their surfaces daily if someone in your home is sick.
- Public Touch spots such as ATM Keypads: Researchers have found that public touch spots such as the ATM Keypads contain Staphylococcus. Though you can’t do anything about it, make sure that you clean your hands after using these surfaces with a strong and efficient hand wash.
- Shopping Carts: Researchers have been able to find traces of E. coli, a very harmful microbe on around 70% shopping carts. Packages of meat tend to leak, leaving these microbes lingering on the shopping carts. Avoid putting your babies in your shopping carts in the first place as a child’s immune system is very vulnerable. Also, avoid putting your meat on the top of your cart while shopping.
This is the time of the year when people are most susceptible to catch cold, flu or worse. Therefore, the best way to protect yourself is to wash your hands time and again. The best way to wash your hands is by using a lot of lather. Rub your hands for about 20 seconds and then rinse them well in order to stay clean and healthy.
Login to Add Comment
Breast Cancer and its Prevention Breast Cancer as the name suggests is the one which forms in the breast cells of an effected person. After skin cancer, breast cancer is the sec
Okay, does someone mention Belly fat and food in one single line? Isn’t it something which is very contradictory to each other? Yes, as per the belief of the world, the only way to get rid of
Appendicitis - Overview Appendicitis is basically known as the inflammation of the appendix, a vestigial organ found in the large intestine of humans. The appendix is basically a 3.5 inch
Amla is one of nature’s best gifts to humankind. It has been recommended as the number one natural practitioner and comes complete with nourishing and rejuvenation powers. So, here ar
7 tips to Prevent Hair Loss
10 Tips to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Eating rice won't make you fat
Guavas in Pregnancy - Major Health Benefits
9 Surprising Health Benefits of Apricots
13 Incredible Benefits of Orange Juice for Radiant Skin & Health
Eating rice won't make you fat
10 Reasons for Cramping During Early Pregnancy
13 Wonderful Health Benefits of Mushrooms
10 Remarkable Benefits of Chlorophyll
Amazing Health Benefits of Gin
12 Incredible Health Benefits of Wasabi